Home
Posted By: olgrouser OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/07/08
Steve (1899sav) just called to ask if I'd post this on his behalf:

He just got the news his father-in-law, Fred, was diagnosed with brain cancer.

He asks for our prayer support as he and his family tries to come to terms with this new crisis / challenge.

Steve is very close to both his own father and his father-in-law as they are both physically his neighbors and gentlemen with whom he shares profession in the tool and die / machinist trade.

(It seems like a whole lot on the plate of one man who wants to host this year's SavageFest on our behalf.)

Your prayers and support will be truly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hard to find words that fit, Stay strong Steve.
Keep your chin up Stever.
All that don't kill us makes us stronger.
Prayer has worked for me when doctors said nothing would help but surgery. I ain't had no surgery and they quit saying that 2 1/2 years ago.

He's on our prayer list along with his family. Keep us posted.
Hang in there Steve, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Prayers are with you Steve, and your father-in-law and father. Take care...
Steve, you have our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything you need. Ryan and family.
Posted By: griz Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/08/08
Steve...We are so sorry...prayers sent and continue.
Best
griz
Posted By: 78CJ Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/08/08
My best to you and your family in these troubled times,

Ryan
Posted By: Chip Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/08/08
Steve, what can I say, my prayers are with both of your familys. Hang in there my friend. Chip
Prayers lifted from Tx.

BP...
Steve,

Lifting your father-in-law, you and the family up in prayer. Stand strong with your wife she has alot of Faith, but she will need to see your Faith now. Jesus promised us, He would "never leave us or forsake us." Count on Him for that.

CR Doug
+1, what the Padre says. Now all you have to do is listen to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best wishes Steve. Hang in there.
Prayers sent form Michigan! John
Posted By: Joe Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/08/08
Prayers sent.
Posted By: Blitz Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/08/08
You are in our thoughts Steve. Lean on us.

Blitz
Stever, my thoughts are with you too. I've been there and am there right now in fact. Stever and I are the same age. My father has had cancer for about six years. Chemotherapy has pushed it back two times but now he has been slipping into another flare-up and his white blood count is dangerously low. He has been highly active all of his life and would still be doing hard physical labor had it not been for the cancer. We are still trying to find out exactly where he stands. As I understand it, you can only have chemo so many times and then they can't give it to you anymore. The not knowing has been tough on everyone. Despite the squabbles that come up occasionally, I really believe this forum is the best out there. People really do care about each other and their loved ones.
Sorry to hear about your father, boltman. I lost my dad to cancer just as he was about to retire, and my sister's fought it off twice now. My prayers are out for your father also.
Thank you Rory. My sister is in the identical situation as Stever as both our father and her father-in-law have cancer - both situations very serious. Like Stever, she is quite close to her father-in-law too. They live in the same town, they babysit the grandkids all the time etc. It is a devasting disease, in many ways.
Stever,

+1 to what everyone above has said. I'm seldom good with words so please forgive me for letting others speak for me. You and yours are in our prayers.
[Linked Image]

Prayers are with you!!

Mike...
Some parts of the road through life can be very ruff. It's for sure you and your family are at one of those points. Stay strong. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
To All,
on behalf of my dad and family the prayers are very much appreciated. This is a total shock to us here at home. My Grandfather-Fred "OPA" in German but "Opee" as we call him
is pretty stubborn and strong willed man. He diagnosed with
"Metastatic Brain Tumors"
and from the understand of it has started or comes from another part of the body. I sure dad will inform whom ever more.
This is a real sudden blow to us all,especially because of my other grandfather Stefan is going through.

But my Oma is devoted Christian and believes that god won't take him,,but Opee said he's ready.

Some may know that the power of prayer turned my life around a few years back. And God has a cross for all of us to bare.

Any-way dad asked me to thank all,,he's with my mom and doctors.
God-bless all.

Also i would like dedicate these 2 songs for both my Grand-dads.
This is music that i listen too and i had this playing last night for them. Kind of my way of dealing with things.
Thanks
Stefan

Mr.Clapton "Tears in Heaven"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM&feature=related

Mr.Dylan "Knocking on Heaven's Door"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5JvACzGp8&feature=related

Stay strong Stefan.
Hang in there stever. Thoghts and prayers sent. DeBull
Posted By: ROMAC Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/09/08
Steve, my prayers are with you. I've walked in your shoes recently. Hang in there!

Roger
Steve,

Our prayers are with you.

Don't let the doctors bring you down. There is hope!

Two years ago, while in for some minor problem, my mother was diagnosed with termnal cancer. She did have surgery, after which we were told to get her "things" in order for she was not going to be with us for more than two months. After chemo and another surgery and all that goes with that, she has recovreed completely, to the astonishment of the entire medical community that surrounded her. She'll be seventy two next Tuesday! She still insists on mowing her own lawn!

The Feed Spring Ridge church is with you....

Doug
Stever, hang in there buddy. I'm a firm believer that there's a whole bunch of power in the prayers from our members. May the Grace of God be with your family in this time of crisis. My mother contractd the same kind of cancer. 'Wish I could tell you we had a good outcome, but that wasn't the case. She hung on 'till the day my brother and sister-in-law came home from the hospital with their newborn son. She looked at the baby, smiled, and went back to sleep. She never woke up. Prayers sent from Minnesota for a much better outcome.
Prayers sent
Cancer is living in my household currently, stay strong.
First as a christian know God has equiped all our bodys with cancer kill cells, all of us get cancer everyday but these cells kill off the cancer cells, So cancer can be beaten never give up hope.

second I had a cousin survive a brain tumor you would never know by looking at her. again stay strong

last the science portion, have him change his ph level through diet, at a certain ph level cancer simply can't survive. start with the ph strips. this is new info to me so I am not an authority.

theres alot of good stuff in corinthians

God Bless

Posted By: TomT Re: OT: (1899sav) Prayer Request - 08/12/08
So sorry to hear the bad news Steve. Add me to the list of prayers sent. -Tom
All
Wanted to give an up date as to my grandfathers-both

Grandpa-Stefan-dad's dad.
He has been in the Hospital for several weeks now and getting what ever attention that he could get.
He is coming home today,to be made comfortable,and to be cared for by my grandma,my dad and hospice. It was a extremely hard decision for my dad. My granddad has a few days to maybe a couple weeks, all hope is gone for any-sort of recovery. The only hope is to spend a few days in peace and with family,and we pray that the good lord will take him and give him ever lasting peace.
Dad had a Photo enlarged last evening as to a hunt that he and his dad went on in 1974 to Colorado,he said that that was one of his best time's. I wish i could find it to post.
My only hope that Granddad does not pass on my grandma's birthday
which is September 1st,,i think that would be too hard for my grandma.

Opa-Fred. Moms dad.
He Has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks now,,he is in intensive rehab. He was Diagnosed with GMB-tumors 4 of them in the brain. They are the worst, and very little success rate in treatment. He starts radiation on September 2nd along with kimo,
the treatment will be 5 days a week for 6 weeks straight.
With-out treatment he was given 8weeks to 5 months,,with treatment he was given 10 months to 2 years. Opa-Fred has one thing going is his strength and will power,,the bad side,,he has short term memory loss as of now and limited use of his legs and some motor skills,that why the rehab.

The toll that has taken on my dad and mom is heart felt,it to me seems as if dad has aged 10 years,,and going a consistent bases of 18 to 19 hours a day between work,and hospitals and making arrangements.

We again very much appreciate the support and prayers.

Stefan
Stefen, may God bless your whole family.
Stefen, I know Words cant offer much comfort, but Know that there are others thinking of and praying for your family.
From New Zealand
Sorry we are not closer to give our support
Understand your position. lost my 1st wife to cancer 20 years ago.
But it is very uplifting to see from the threads above that you have genuine feelings and support from your forum & personal friends
May the strength Be with you all
Hello all,It has been several weeks
I wanted to up date some of you.
Today i am sadden to say the end is near.The Hospice nurse was over and called some of us that was there to have the priest brought in for last rights and such,and to have whom ever we wanted to see grand-pa>Stefan yet today.
My dad is by his bed side to see and spend with his dad for the last remaining life in him,,it's perhaps a matter of hours to maybe a day.

My other grandfather,Fred>the hospice nurse just left and said tonight maybe tomorrow,vitals are extremely down,,I think my dad has shared some info with a few as to how Fred was doing,,He went from some mobility 2 weeks ago to practically a vegetable,not able to speak,nor move and in the last 3 days no food or water to be consumed.

I pray that my dad and mom to be strong,i can see the toll it has taken.
We also pray that the good lord will take them into his kingdom soon.

Before i go,,i wanted to share something that my dad had written.
It touched me in many ways.
Thank-you to all for the prayers
and specially the few whom have p.m.'d me and also that have supported my dad.
Stefan

It Takes Courage

It takes Courage to care about each member of the family and the struggles they face!

It takes Courage to care about friends and the daily test they encounter. To let them know you will stand by them through each struggle.

It takes Courage to complete each commitment you make toward others.

It takes Courage to confront the weaknesses in your life and be willing to address needed changes

It takes Courage to confess your thoughtless words or neglectful actions toward a person you love.

It takes Courage to proclaim your faith and convictions to people who are judgmental.

It takes Courage to live each day with Integrity.

It takes Courage to respect others when others show little or no respect for you!

It takes Courage to focus on what remains rather than what you've lost

It takes Courage once you recognize that life is a test and your willing to accept the everyday challenges.

Fall Is Here,Fall Is Here!

Fall Is Here,Fall Is Here! The Best time Of Year.
Fall is Here,Fall is Here, All of Summer's greenery turning to autumns splendor.
Fall is here,Fall is here, A Hunters Dream Come true
As I sit And Stare at the endless rain
I watch life come to a change.
Fall is Here,Fall is Here,
I watch life come to a change
Fall Is Here,Fall Is Here
I watch two Hunter's lives come to a change.
As I watch Leaves of Green turning slowly to red,orange and yellow
and As the Petals of the flower slowly wilt,
I realize a passage has come for the hunters,
Fall is Here,Fall is Here,
As I sit And Stare at the endless minute's of life slowly draining,
I see the despair. Tell Me.
Tell Me Fall is Here,Fall is Here. I can see now the Despair.
Tell Me

How do i console someone in despair?
When no action seems available to tackle
What is only inevitable
i say I am here
I could be there
I am not going anywhere.

How do i ,how do we console someone in despair?
When no thought seems to give relief
To their truly visible grief
I think, I wish I knew
I wish I could see
The answer that you truly need.

How do I,how do we console someone in despair?
When sitting watching our heart bleeds
As you see them plead
My heart goes out
Lies on my sleeve
As I sit and watch you grieve.
How do we console someone in despair
as you see them sit and stare?
What use to say �it isn�t fair�?
Did you ever sit
And watch a loved one
Sit and glare
At what is not even there?
Tell me how do we console someone in despair?
Gods speed and mercy for both.
I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with your family.
My prayers are with your family.
Our prayers are with you.
99sav 1899,

I only know your dad from this board and the few times we have bought or sold something to each other. From that little experience I know he is a stand up guy.

I pray for God's peace to be with your family in this time of sorrow.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Prayers and wishes for better times ahead for you and your family, from Mercer. The leaves are falling and cool is in the air, waiting for you to spend some quiet time in the northwoods.
Amen.
© 24hourcampfire