Home
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Pics - 10/21/08
Bob347 graciously sent me a copy of the Renfrew County Hunt Camp News for the photos that where in it.

They didnt scan the greatest but I wanted to share them.

Thank you again Bob!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Pics - 10/21/08
As always, great hunting pics. When is the book coming out?
I notice from your series of pics that ammo belts were commonly used. Carry-over from the War by vets?
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Pics - 10/21/08
these are the last two to come home

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Pics - 10/21/08
That is an AMAZING buck on the ground! Great pics, as always. Thanks for sharing..
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: Pics - 10/21/08
Yeah!
Bear trap in the tree w/teeth even wink
Posted By: Chip Re: Pics - 10/21/08
It's amazing the quality of the photos considering the cameras used back then. Good Pic's. Chip
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Pics - 10/21/08
Awesome pictures! They always make me think about what it must have been like back then.
Posted By: circuitrider46 Re: Pics - 10/21/08
Great Pics thanks as always.

Lots of Savages in those pictures. cool Seemed to be the rifle of choice. A couple exceptions in there. Was the rifle to the extreme left on the picture with the skun out deer a remington pump. I killed my first deer with one of those in 30 Caliber.

CR
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Pics - 10/21/08
Im suprised by the clarity of many of the pics also, considering Im scaning them and the originals are small, many 3x4 like the bottom and 2.5x3 like the one with the big deer.

As to how it was to live back then....Id guess hard, many things we take a pill for killed you, and you where an OLD man at 65...but they look like they knew how to enjoy life.

Ill look tonight, the group of photos that I had to buy to get the one may have a better pic of the remington.

I should find out how hard it is to do a book, I have enough into photos now to buy a nice EG smile
Posted By: bob347 Re: Pics - 10/22/08
Gary
It's a pleasure to send them to you. I'm sure I've seen a lot more pics with Savage rifles in them and overlooked them. I will keep my eye on them from now on knowing someone out there appreciates these fine old pics.They did scan pretty good though. All the best. Look into that book. Bob
Posted By: steve99 Re: Pics - 10/22/08
Bob and Gary, thanks for allowing and posting those pics. I really enjoy looking at these.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Pics - 10/22/08
Neat old pics. Coolest I have ever seen. Many thanks.
Posted By: Joe Re: Pics - 10/22/08
As always, very intresting photos. Looks like the canoe is going to have to make 2 trips to get all the meat plus men unless a couple of men are going to walk. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: p2tharizo Re: Pics - 10/22/08
Grogel, these are great! I think I speak for us all when I say that these bring a new dimension to our old Savages, actually all old hunting rifles and equipment. Thanks again. Keep it up!
Posted By: TR405 Re: Pics - 10/23/08
thanks for sharing great photos grin
© 24hourcampfire