Home
Posted By: savage99eg Marbles tang disapointment - 05/06/09
I bought one from Midway on sale for my 1915G. I'm a little disapointed. The base and lower half seem adequate but the spring tension is a bit weak. The stem and lock nut(if you can call it that) seem a little thin. The lock nut is a thin wafer and you can't even get your fingers on it good enough to tighten it. I'll use pliers but I better be careful not to crush it. I'm going to sight it in this weekend. Has anybody else used one of these? Did it work great or should I save my 250 ammo?
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Marbles tang disapointment - 05/06/09
I had one but never put it on any gun I had. The base was out of sync with the curve of the receiver. I actually got a guy to trade me an original one for it plus $20.
Them Marbles sights is a joke/junk. No self respecting Savage would wear one.
...Those sights as manufactured today, are a dang tang shame!
Thanks guys, That's what I thought. I've got a line on a vintage sight. This one's going back.
I had one on a 1941 EG. Worked OK, looked like crap. It went away real fast...!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrgr223calQ2aQQfrppZ50QQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0

Mike...
Lyman 29 1/2 on ebay up for sale now. My guess, it will go for around what the marbles price brings. Seller seems ok most of the time too.
Posted By: r2d2 Re: Marbles tang disapointment - 05/07/09
Seems like the "fit" is not what it should be ......
Past posters have indicated that anyway.
At first it looked as though the rear would hit the wood but when the screws were tightened it pulled up. This thing should sell for $50.00 new. Even though it's made cheaply it would be useable if only the locking nut was just that, a knurled nut instead of this flimsy paper thin piece of crud.
If my vote counts, my 99s wear Lymans. Old marbles over new if I had to.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Marbles tang disapointment - 05/08/09
The old marbles sights are as good as the lyman's , the new marbles stuff is just plain"junk"! Don
© 24hourcampfire