Home
Posted By: 6mm250 A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
and some red-headed-step-cousins. I thought to let 'em all out together (maybe they'll reproduce grin )

[Linked Image]

L to R 375 Brushgun , 2 pre-mil 308 Fs , 22HP TD , H 303 , H 30-30 , R 300 , 3 post-mil As in 250 243 and 243 , 4 Fs in 300 308 308 and 300 , Es in 243 & 308.
720 and 103 on the deck , Savage handguns on the rail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/6mm250/DSCF0538.jpg[/img]

That dern dog , got his nose in there again , he just can't mind his own business.

Mike
Dang Mike, I bet it takes you a week to figure out which one to take hunting! Nice
Posted By: Calhoun Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Very nice! Need to get mine out for some cleaning and maintenance, but been waiting for the wife to disappear for an afternoon so she can't count them. grin

PS: Nice hang tags..
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
My wife is at work grin

Mike
Posted By: 99guy Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Nice lookn' dog ya got there!

How much for the dog? grin

Randy
All kiddn' aside...good lookn line up ya got there!

Randy
Originally Posted by 99guy

How much for the dog? grin

Joe is family , he is not for sale , however I have a step daughter I will give you for free , I will even pay the shipping out of my own pocket. Just send me your address & I will ship her ASAP grin

mike
If you throw in one of them 99's, I will pay the shipping. grin
BTW: Nice gaggle of Savages.
Jim
She's a nice girl.......no really , she is

[Linked Image]

comes complete w/deadbeat husband

[Linked Image]

grin grin grin

Mike

Mike,
So which 99 will it be? laugh laugh
Posted By: 1899sav Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Mike
Nice Line up of some very fine rifles. Very Nice Family of Savage's you have there.
Steve
P.S. Nice dog.
Best of Luck with your Daughter.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
There's some beauties in there. Very nice group of Fs.

Rod
If you feel the need to find homes for them savages Ill take a few of them, snake oil them, take long walks in the woods ect! Nice group of guns!
John
Just for my own future reference what does a large gaggle of Savages look like?

Randy
Nice bunch of 99. You need to ship that .375 to me for an extended field test. It looks like its all forlorn down there in the flat country.
Posted By: Polecat Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Originally Posted by 99guy
Just for my own future reference what does a large gaggle of Savages look like?

Randy

I was wondering that too.... I'll never wonder what a large step daughter looks like again!!!! shocked
Posted By: Loggah Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Heres some of a medium gaggle of savages. Don

[Linked Image]

Posted By: steve99 Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
That is quite a sight Don. That pig gun looks good. What caliber was that?
Posted By: Loggah Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/05/09
Steve, 30-30, LRF sure did a nice job on it, i have them sorted by serial number the pig gun is in the 300,000 range. Don
Posted By: 99guy Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
Whoooeee!

Enough iron there to take over a banana republic.

I could retire with that spread.

My gaggle must be a "junior gaggle" or a "beginners gaggle". Maybe it's a "starters gaggle"

If that is just a medium gaggle what the heck does a large gaggle look like?

Anybody want to step up?

Randy
Posted By: steve99 Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
Thanks Don, that is outstanding work by LRF.
Posted By: scott63 Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
Don I'm always amazed at your collection! I'm curious about two rifles in your pic. If you count from the lever boss in the corner of the pic, #5 has what looks like maybe an english walnut stock and #11 has a color case reciever, whats the story on those two?........Scott
Posted By: Loggah Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
Scott, the cased colored one is just a 99 F in 30-30 that i bought off the internet, it wasn't original so i checkered the stock like the 1938-1940 F's were, the case coloring is really nice i have no idea who did it. The one with the english walnut is a custom takedown rifle that started off as a 1926-27 F. A member here built it Lynn Fleeger ( LRF) he did a great job built a half round,half octagon barrel in a takedown configuration,french greyed receiver with engraving,english walnut stock with cheekpiece and checkering, 30-30 caliber,its really unique as savage never offered a octagon takedown for general sales, they might have made a few custom or experimental models not sure.
I shoulda been a damn loggah! No money in the fireman biz!
Posted By: Loggah Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
John, Theres no money in logging right now ,most of these rifles i bought years ago from money out of my gravel pit, i havent actually done any logging jobs for going on 2 years. Don
OK then, I guess I shoulda got into dirt! smile
Posted By: 99guy Re: A Small Gaggle of Savages - 08/06/09
No money in anything right now. These Savages might be the best investment goin'

SHHHHH! laugh

Randy
I have been to Dons , mind blowing, is one way to decribe it! The wife & Don are pretty nice hosts also!
John
cryI just now realized why their are so very few 99s to be found. Their all in collectors gun racks. cry Nice gaggle. GW
© 24hourcampfire