Home
I have a Redfield 99R base with the front ring mount ahead of the two forward mount holes. I'm looking for a mount with the front ring mount between the two forward mount holes. Anyone want to trade (or sell outright)? My mount is gloss and is in mint condition.

PM me with offers. Thanks.
The Leupold one piece base has the front ring in front of the mounting holes also.
The only one that has the ring mount between the hole that I know of is an early Redfield. Talk to Lightfoot. He's been known to have a few. All the other one piece mounts are copies of the later Redfield with the mount in front of the screws and over hanging the barrel.
The one with the mount hole in between the screw holes has odd spacing and won't work with the normal 1/2" hole spacing of the factory and most aftermarket d & t.

If you have 1/2" spacing on the receiver ring, you could use a Redfield 2 piece if you wanted to pay the price for a set.
Good info guys. Thanks. I'm trying to mount a Leupold FX-II 4x on my 99F and the ring positioning on the Redfield 99R mount won't let the shorter bodied scope come back far enough. Oh well, I obviously was hoping for an easy fix.
There is one I believe. Leupold makes extended scope rings.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=357634

Redfield but they have Leupold too.
"Oh well, I obviously was hoping for an easy fix."

Surprised that no one has mentioned the easiest (as well as stronger and lighter) fix is to use Weaver bases and Weaver style rings. The Weaver #19 base will put the ring exactly where you said you wanted in the original post.

Weaver bases and Burris Zee rings is a hard combo to top.
© 24hourcampfire