Home
Folks,
All I hear about the 75th Anniversary Savage 99 is a bunch of complaints. Would anyone care t explain why this is so? Enquiring minds want to know.

Flower Child
Not speaking for everyone but calling it an 1895 and producing it in a winchester caliber wasn't cool (at least the CE was a 300 sav). It is a post mil in amongst a time when quality wasn't savages strong point. Nothing really special about it, just gaudy with a gold lever and gold but plate with cheesy roll stamping on the receiver. The winchesters are not doing any better. In Canada you can pick up just about any NIB winchester for $400 - $600 depending on caliber.
they dolled up a pig, to try and sell them just like commemorative win.'s. Like, "See how good we used to be?"
"Now we make crap, and you fools still buy them"
Originally Posted by lauren
they dolled up a pig, to try and sell them just like commemorative win.'s. Like, "See how good we used to be?"
"Now we make crap, and you fools still buy them"

Wow, I agree with you on that.

The 1895's are nothing but a money grab. They were knock offs as far as I can see. Not even close to the original 1895's, wrong caliber, wrong barrel length, wrong pads. They didn't get anything even close to an actual 1895.
but they will be worth a lot of money in the near future when someone wants a complete collection of 99s. remember no collection is complete without them. grin
Yup, there "SLEEPERS"!! grin grin, i have "1" for my collection,i haven't been out looking for any more. Don
I also have one. I bought it right and just keep it. Do I LIKE it? Not particularly. I agree it just has no real connection with an 1895. It's the only post-mil I own at the moment. And I also know I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

[Linked Image]
holy crap! I didn't realize there was a medallion in the stock.
Thats so classy, I may have to own one.
Originally Posted by lauren
holy crap! I didn't realize there was a medallion in the stock.
Thats so classy, I may have to own one.

Lauren,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU are just a plain and simple AZZMOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin Happy New Year!!!! Now, play nice, or go to your room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the box is ugly
I agree with Hubert , a Savage 1899-99 collection is not complete without one. I don't have one but if one comes along for the right price I would not hesitate to buy it.
I'd buy one too, to sell it to you guys.
Not good enough to own!!! but good enough to sell and make money with!!!! smile there kinda like savage trinkets everyone will want one soon. Don
It's ALL Savage trinkets.

Mike
Can you guys say SAVAGE TIRE IRON .or Mad Dog s SAvage orange? grin
Originally Posted by 6mm250
It's ALL Savage trinkets.

Mike

frown With all the disapproval sounds more live a Savage "STINKET" grin
A gunshop in my area has/had one of these for sale awhile
back and it had a scope mounted on it. I think they were
asking 1000.
I could have bought a used one for $500. The only way i would ever own one was if it was new in the box, and it would stay that way.
Originally Posted by ROMAC
I could have bought a used one for $500. The only way i would ever own one was if it was new in the box, and it would stay that way.

and $500 or less...
I'd say you saved yourself about $475. You can buy a 36" pry bar at most hardware stores for about $25.

Local Cabela's got one in with a batch of 99's a year or so ago.. with a recoil pad on it. They stuck a $600 price tag on it and I think it was gone within 3 or 4 days. Folks amaze me sometimes..
Okay fellas,
Let me get this right. The 75th anniversary model 99s aren't true Savage 99s cuz they are post mil (whatever that is) pieces of junk chambered for a cartridge Savage never produced and gussied up like a pimp's pistol. So I guess that brings up the question of is it a Savage 99 in a different non Savage caliber or a Japanese repro that was contracted out to fill a niche? Also, has anyone ever shot one and how well do they shoot accuracy wise? Thanks for the info.

Flower Child
It IS a Savage 99... but it's NOT a reproduction of the Savage 1895 like they advertised. Post-mil means post-1960, and resulted in some things like this. Mass produced, not hand made, and odd ideas of what the market wanted.

Authentic re-creation my azz...

[Linked Image]
I picked one up a few years ago at a fair price, without a box, in very good condition. And you know what? It's still a SAVAGE 99, and it has more than doubled what I paid.
did you sell it? or you just feelin good?
Flower Child,

Most here don't hate those rifles. Its more like some of the folks here despise them. Remember, you've got to respect something or someone to hate it/them. Bottom line is that it ain't a '95 and it ain't in a Savage caliber. Way too gussied up for what it is too. If all you're looking for is a shooter and you can deal with the more or less crescent butt and the bling then it ain't a bad shooter. If its NIB with all the tags and paperwork it may appreciate some day. It will fill a hole in a collection but that depends on what you consider a hole.
Skidrow & fellas,
I was contemplating looking for a Savage 99 and have been reading your forum for a while but no where did I come upon an understanding of why this particular "Savage" was so universally disliked. Now I know and if I decide to add one to my hunting rifles, I will certainly avoid the anniversary model even though they appear to be in better condition than the originals that I have seen, which around here all look like rusted old junk and are all banged up from too much abuse by the previous owner(s). Thanks for the education.

Flower Child
Rusted old junk and banged up?

Flower Child's been doing some bad stuff.. hope he doesn't crash too hard.

Browse through the SavageFest threads at the top of the forum, FC.

[Linked Image]
I think when he says "round here" he means round VA not the 24...
Aaah... okay, sorry. Was afraid he was judging everybody's rifles by the ones I buy.

grin

FC, the reason the 1895 repro's are in good shape is because nobody I know of wants to hunt with a 308 with a crescent buttplate. And they were sold as a commemorative, which means folks bought them and thought the price would go through the roof. But, like a lot of the Winchester commemoratives, they didn't.
Flower Child, remember what site you're on. These guys are true collectors and really know their stuff. Post mils are'nt even in their lexicon. That said, I guess Im not quite the collector most of them are, and I have some post mils that I not only like, but shoot great. Among them would be the anniversary model. Its all about what YOU like in the final analysis though. Nothing wrong with the gun itself and probably one of the more under rated post mils out there.
Originally Posted by Calhoun

[Linked Image]

Here's a Few more-Junk!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Calhoun

[Linked Image]

You got the front sight taped on that barrel band carbine ?

Mike
Not me.. just a couple of nice 1895's from the midwest Fest. Those were a couple of John A's, I believe. He had orange tape around the barrels of most of his rifles.

[Linked Image]
Why for ?

Mike
I think it's his tagging mechanism. Maybe model/caliber/year on it. And it's not tape, they look to be held on with rubber bands.. so probably just tags.

His PE's/DE's don't have them, but he has paper labels rubber banded to the buttstock.

One way to tag them, I guess. Especially when you have one of everything. grin

Edit: Yep, found a couple pictures I could read. "K 303", "K 30/30", etc.
We would like to deny that those so called 1895's exist, they are every bit as tainting to a once great reputation and product
as coommemoratives are to winchester. taint a collector, taint a hunter, Just pain ole tain't.
Stever:

Where did you find those 2 old rats? smile

Randy
It seems to me that gun collectors don't really know what guns are for...

I bought a new model 99 75th anniversary 308 in 1975 and I'll admit, it wasn't much out of the box but with a little tweaking to make it shoot straight and to shorten the trigger pull about 90%, it's fine weapon.. I've killed about 100 deer and one bear and lots of other things that I won't mention. It has never failed..
Today it will still put 3 shots in a target at 100 yds. and make only one hole..

I shoot 130 gr. bullets at 3000 fps and have never had an animal get away..

I looked in a gun book at a store last month and it had the gun listed as being worth "new in the box" at $6000.00, used in good shape at $2500.00 and the low price was $1400.00..

However mine is not for sale at any price, I bought it to hunt with, I do other things to make money.........
Uh oh... going for popcorn now.
Welcome to the campfire!

Originally Posted by Harless
I looked in a gun book at a store last month and it had the gun listed as being worth "new in the box" at $6000.00, used in good shape at $2500.00 and the low price was $1400.00..

However mine is not for sale at any price, I bought it to hunt with, I do other things to make money.........

Sounds like you have a winner, though I have to admit to cringing any time I hear trigger work being done on 99's. As to the values listed in the book... WAY off. Watch gunbroker, you can pick up NIB ones for under $1000 consistently if you want to. You are the exception By hunting yours, most folks bought them as collector pieces and there are thousands still out there that are NIB. A NIB 99C from the same year would probably sell for more.

A $6000 99 is likely to be a very nice engraved old 1899, not anything made in the last 70 years.
I suspect the gun he found in the book is the centenniel edition with the wood case in .300 Savage. Never heard of the 75th being priced like that!
Don't think I've ever heard of the Centennial being priced near that, either. Even the RMF doesn't go that high.
Originally Posted by Harless
It seems to me that gun collectors don't really know what guns are for...

I bought a new model 99 75th anniversary 308 in 1975 and I'll admit, it wasn't much out of the box but with a little tweaking to make it shoot straight and to shorten the trigger pull about 90%, it's fine weapon.. I've killed about 100 deer and one bear and lots of other things that I won't mention. It has never failed..
Today it will still put 3 shots in a target at 100 yds. and make only one hole..

I shoot 130 gr. bullets at 3000 fps and have never had an animal get away..

Crakin me up.

First post: he digs up a thread from 2010 and has an ax to grind.

If it's been hunted, you can buy them dime a dozen for $500.

Dig a hole and throw that 75th in it. If somebody digs it up 10,000 years from now somebody might find it and find somebody else to pay 6K for it. I'm not debating that it could make a fine meat weapon, but don't confuse that with it's market value. New and in the box maybe 1200 in today's market. The guy that wrote the book you are reading ain't offering anything for it.

Personally I wouldn't trade a boat anchor for one. Throw in the anchor rope and maybe...

Since it's not for sale now, my recommendation would be to keep it and kill with it.
Uh oh... going for popcorn now.

I wouldn't bother. He seems to be happy with his and the rest of us know what it is. We all know that they can be good shooters. If that's all he's interested in then good for him. Life goes on. Then again, some fool may want to try to start a flame war. So be that too.
Harless--

I have some guns for sale. Get your price guide and come on over.
I still have the one in the picture earlier in this thread and I STILL wouldn't sell it.
I passed on one that had been hunted alot, had the box but it was a mess mold and beat up, guy was at at 450.00 as i walked away he said give me 350.00 and its yours, i looked it over and just didnt like it even for that price.
This sure is an old thread, but since it has returned.........Get past the glitz-----and comparatively speaking in relation to other commemoratives it's not much, it is a factory heavy barreled non-tang safety Savage 99 in the most accurate caliber ever put in this particular rifle that shoots lights out---at least mine does.
I'm with 21. If I found one for $350 I'd snap it up and got hunting with it.
I purchased a 75th Anniversary Commemorative 99 in .308 a few years ago. Right off the bat I thought it was too gaudy. Just too much bling for me. Second, I did not like the gold lever. Third, I felt that the stock, much like many of the 99's manufactured toward the end of their era was far too clunky. Kind of like they were in a hurry and did little hand-fitting. Keep in mind that I wanted mine to hunt with. I bought it new-in-box, but like some of you, I am not going to let my wonderful 99's collect dust just so somebody who inherits them after I am gone can sell them for top dollar. I want to use mine. I sent my stock off to Dennis Pritchard, the best stock guy for 99's that I have ever met. He fine-tuned my clunky stock, into something that Arthur Savage would have appreciated. Will post a photo in a bit as I think it turned out nicely. For the caliber, I agree. It should have at least been a .300 Savage even if the era for such a gun was wrong given the 1895 v/s .300 did not exist at same time. That said, like I mentioned I shoot mine and even with factory ammo, it is a tack driver but .308 is a very accurate caliber in just about any gun. Going forward I plan to have the gold colored (plated I think) lever buffed off and take it to Doug Turnbull to be case colored. When done, it won't be original but will be a shooter that will make a pretty sweet elk-stick. Thoughts?
I like it but would have set aside the original stock and had a new stock and forearm made for it but then I'm a collector as well as a user. I'll bet an earlier lever safety lever could be fitted easily also.
[Linked Image][/URL]

[Linked Image][/URL]

I never seem to be able to do this right but hopefully this time it took. You will see the clunky, unrefined forearm has been slimmed down to what was the norm in the time of the 99 in its prime, where time was spent on details and proper fitting, unlike the latter years. Also excess weight was taken off in the wrist. This is now one of my favorite hunting guns. Oh, and the reason I am removing the plating from this lever and having it properly case colored, v/s just purchasing a different lever and saving the original, is that I don't want any of my decendants who might inherit this gun, to look like a Pimp. Just too gaudy with that brass lever. Compare this with the 75th Anniversary units out of the box, and I think this one looks a lot better. As far as the oft-mentioned quality of the latter 99's, this one works just great.
Originally Posted by 1899guy
[Linked Image][/URL]

[Linked Image][/URL]

I never seem to be able to do this right but hopefully this time it took. You will see the clunky, unrefined forearm has been slimmed down to what was the norm in the time of the 99 in its prime, where time was spent on details and proper fitting, unlike the latter years. Also excess weight was taken off in the wrist. This is now one of my favorite hunting guns. Oh, and the reason I am removing the plating from this lever and having it properly case colored, v/s just purchasing a different lever and saving the original, is that I don't want any of my decendants who might inherit this gun, to look like a Pimp. Just too gaudy with that brass lever. Compare this with the 75th Anniversary units out of the box, and I think this one looks a lot better. As far as the oft-mentioned quality of the latter 99's, this one works just great.

She's more perty now! How does that crescent butt plate feel behind the .308's recoil?
Its fine when hunting but at the shooting bench, if its warm and you are wearing a t-shirt and it is just right, it will pinch the crap out of your arm-pit, against the shooting bench. All in all though, I do like it. I don't think you will find a more accurate version of a 99.
Looks like something a pimp might buy.
Pimps don't buy rifles.
If they did they would be pink or purple with way more bling, and probably not a lever action.
I think that has come up nice, as you have already modified it why not not have the barrel set back and chambered for 300 savage, if its not at 22" get it cut and re crowned. Might as well get it checkered like on the Ks. That would look sweet

johno
Don't look bad at all, any idea how much weight was removed with the wood? Pretty sure I wouldn't go to that much effort for a 75th Anniversary, but if I ever find one of those octagon barreled 99C's it'd be nice to restock or refinish and hunt it. But I can understand you wanting to.
Thanks for your input "Big Joe". On a more serious note, johno, where would I get something like that done, in regard to rechambering?? Since I already have it in .308 and it shoot so well, I would not change this one, but I have a few others that I might change. Your input is appreciated. Calhoun, no idea on the wood but the guy who does this sends me photo's sometimes and watching what he does to the stocks, in regard to removing wood, makes me weak in the knee's. Glad I am not there to see him do it but once done, the 99's that start out "clunky" and unrefined sure do look sweet. I know to the purists this is not a good thing to do but I have owned a few 99's made in the 70's and 80's, and always hated the lack of refinement on the stocks. Am pleased so far with this one. I think it will look pretty good with a case colored lever. Any thoughts on the fugly front sight? Never been a fan but that was the style back in the early days, right? Or is the material wrong?
Any competent gunsmith with a 300 savage reamer can do that, all your doing is shortening the over all length of your chamber so you can crib the 300 reamer a bit deeper to get past the 308 dimensions. You loose maybe 1/2" of of threads and the somith simply re threads it deeper. I don't explain things very well mate but i'm sure oldgunsmith or gunplumber, one of the boys here can do a much better job.

John
Shorten the barrel and the forearm stud is in the wrong place to mate with the hole.

Probably easier to buy another postmil in 300 and swap barrels.
Just have to do a little pruning on the forend then Rory, thats what chain saws are for. You have to do that if correct head space issues that way also

Johno
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Looks like something a pimp might buy.

My dad is a former USMC Scout/Sniper, he bought one 2-3 months ago and thinks its pretty nice...doesn't hurt that it shoots damn good(of course he thinks the .308 is a pretty fair cartridge too).

Don't think ANYBODY would ever call him a "pimp".
So, we have two people (1 is me) that has shot this gun and demonstrated that it is damn accurate, especially for a lever gun. Refine the wood so it cosmetically is better looking. Then what makes this gun not superior in function to the pre-war guns? In fact, if it is inferior as so many say, what makes this gun inferior? Surely the latter 99's were made of the most up-to-date metals.
So, we have two people (1 is me) that has shot this gun and demonstrated that it is damn accurate, especially for a lever gun. Refine the wood so it cosmetically is better looking. Then what makes this gun not superior in function to the pre-war guns? In fact, if it is inferior as so many say, what makes this gun inferior? Surely the latter 99's were made of the most up-to-date metals.

It all boils down to personal preference. If you like your gun, that's just cool beans. Guns (not ONLY Savages) that were made in the period of MAJOR competition had to cut corners wherever they could. Quality suffered. You've got stamped parts where they were once machined. You have wood either without any embellishments OR ugly fugly pressed checkering. Almost NO hand fitting (inletting) of wood to metal. You just can NOT compare the quality of ANYTHING from yesteryear where pride in craftsmanship mattered. You are talking for the most part to a group that enjoys the finer things in life and prefer NOT to own an ugly anything.
The biggest strike against the so-called Anniversary gun is that it came out in a Winchester cartridge. Going all the way back to the .303 probably wouldn't have been popular either but going to .300 Savage would have been a much better choice. Who wants a Savage anniversary gun with a Winchester cartridge??
They sold 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin wink
The problem Savage had in 1970 was the Savage cartridges were deader than they are now. The .308 and .243 saw to that. They made 9999 or 10,000 of them, depending on what you read, and they wouldn't have sold 500 of 'em in .300 or .250. Those of us who appreciate them now probably would not have bought one in those calibers back then either, or at least we would have been one of the 500 that might. Time has a way of making us reflect back on what we should have done (which is why almost none of us has a closet full of NIB Savage 99s' we could have bought back then), but the worst thing Savage could have done is call it an "authentic reproduction". That, it wasn't.
Hate is such a strong word.
The 75th is a pig in lipstick and high heels.

Comparing it to anything Savage made before 1960 and especially anything made in Utica is like comparing a Yugo to Lamborghini.

It's an embarrassing black eye the in Savage 99 history

If somebody wants to kill deer with it and punch holes in paper, I ain't going to try and stop them, but don't ask why Savage guys don't like it and then get all defensive when we tell you why.

If somebody has one and loves it, WTF would they need our blessing to own it?

So, you are saying that you are technically unable to answer the question, and feel compelled to cover up your inability to reply to an honest question, with insults and sarcasm? Ok, if you don't know, just say so. Geeez. In the end your opinion may well be correct. I was just wondering why, technically. Specifically. If all you can do is insult and not help some of us newbies to understand, you might just want to listen to what Thumpers Father told him. And it seems that 1,000 "Savage Guys" did like the thing. I like mine. Am I not enough of a "Savage Guy"??? And I don't need your approval nor anyone elses to do anything. I was just asking some questions, much like the original poster of this issue did. Since when does sitting behind a keyboard give license to rudeness? Isn't this site designed to share information with each other and learn, or is it now a place to hold court and pounce on new people not in the right click?
So, you are saying that you are technically unable to answer the question, and feel compelled to cover up your inability to reply to an honest question, with insults and sarcasm? Ok, if you don't know, just say so. Geeez. In the end your opinion may well be correct. I was just wondering why, technically. Specifically. If all you can do is insult and not help some of us newbies to understand, you might just want to listen to what Thumpers Father told him. And it seems that 1,000 "Savage Guys" did like the thing. I like mine. Am I not enough of a "Savage Guy"??? And I don't need your approval nor anyone elses to do anything. I was just asking some questions, much like the original poster of this issue did. Since when does sitting behind a keyboard give license to rudeness? Isn't this site designed to share information with each other and learn, or is it now a place to hold court and pounce on new people not in the right click?

I'm with you friend, no need for rudeness when a gentle answer will do. Some people show little restraint, myself included in that group at times. Duly noted.
I had to look up what Thumper's father said... but actually it was Thumper's mother. That's why I couldn't remember.
I guess we all wax rude on the internet from time to time, but it doesn't make it acceptable.
I'm glad you enjoy your rifle 1899guy.
Actually, Thumpers Mother was asking Thumper to quote "what your Father said". Sad that it is that I remember this so well, yet can't find my car after 30 minutes of grocery shopping. . . And in regard to my rifle (75th), I hate the color of the wood. Looks a bit yellow. I dislike the brass butt plate, as much as I dislike the brass plated lever. But since the wood was refined, and it shoots so friggin well, it is growing on me. Its still ugly though, just like the others said, but its prettier than most bolt guns.
Am I not enough of a "Savage Guy"???

Owning a Savage doesn't make you anymore of a "Savage Guy" than owning an Aston Martin makes you James Bond.
But owning a computer makes us all hero's. smile
Right click? When I right click I get a window opening that gives options of Undo/Cut/Copy/Paste/etc. Methinks you mean right "clique"? (Or perhaps "correct clique"?) Now don't get your panties in a wad. My eye goes to such errors and whether or not I comment on them is dependent on whether I got laid the night before. smile

As for 75th Anniversary guns, I don't care for them because they didn't bring it out in .22 High Power! crazy (Well that and because in my mind they're too garish by half, and I don't appreciate a sharp curved butt plate on something with the snappy recoil of a .308. Were I a serious collector I would have one as a hole filler in my collection- hopefully sealed in its original box. grin )
Gnoahhh, good points all. I recently purchased a .303 that is no bigger than the .22 Hi Power, in barrel length and weight. Its in pristine condition with serial numbers 222,05x Now a commemorative in that size rifle would have been pretty sweet, but thats just me. I tend to favor the lighter weight 99's.
Originally Posted by 21
This sure is an old thread, but since it has returned.........Get past the glitz-----and comparatively speaking in relation to other commemoratives it's not much, it is a factory heavy barreled non-tang safety Savage 99 in the most accurate caliber ever put in this particular rifle that shoots lights out---at least mine does.

I like the octagon barrel, old style safety, straight stock, brass follower, and once you get past the glitz, it's a pretty nice shooter, IMNSHO. I kinda like the rifle.

Was bored at a gunshow, traded a rifle I couldn't get to shoot, and got a rifle that is a pretty good shooter.

I'm thinking of loading up some cast for it, again. My first attempt was not all that successful, I was getting lead on the necks of my fired cases. After abandoning the cast venture, I loaded up some 155 Hornady A-Max bullets, pretty pleased with the results.

It's a way better gun than any of the Winchester '94 Commemorative stuff, IMHO. Although I do like my Bat Masterson 30-30.

[Linked Image]

Williams receiver on the back, some sort of globe thing on the front, just like when I bought it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Local gunshop has one on the rack in nice shape--$695. I ended up buying a mint condition 1953 Smith K22 instead! Several good deals on long guns there.
If you are an honest Savage collector, you do not "hate" any of them. You just add others to your collection before you add those. End of story.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If you are an honest Savage collector, you do not "hate" any of them. You just add others to your collection before you add those. End of story.

Food for thought.
Good choice!
My 75th is new in the box. If I could find one that was already used and the price was reasonable I would buy it, scope it and go shoot elk with it. Or trade any of the six remaining guns in my for sale post up or down if any of you want to get rid of a used one.
Originally Posted by wyo1895
My 75th is new in the box. If I could find one that was already used and the price was reasonable I would buy it, scope it and go shoot elk with it. Or trade any of the six remaining guns in my for sale post up or down if any of you want to get rid of a used one.

One for sale at a local auction this weekend. Be interesting to see what it goes for!
Thanks Lowrance. I'm a long ways away so won't try to bid on it. Let me know if you know how much it goes for. Thanks, David
I'm not sure what Savage was trying for with that one. Whatever it was it wasn't a home run.
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Local gunshop has one on the rack in nice shape--$695. I ended up buying a mint condition 1953 Smith K22 instead! Several good deals on long guns there.

Yep, I woulda done the same thing. I don't like that poor decision of a rifle, and I ain't buying any rifles I don't like even if I needed one for a collection.

I wishtohell I still had my K-22 of the same vintage. That rascal shot like a young rifle.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not sure what Savage was trying for with that one.

Uhhhh... a 75th Anniversary Model?

I have one. Haven't shot it, but thinking about it. Comments I've read from guys that shoot them have been favorable.
Straight stock, lever safety, tapered octagonal barrel, factory D&T, quality workmanship... all good.
Some bemoan the .308 caliber. That was a popular caliber in 1970, why not?
Besides which of 4 Savage calibers should they have chosen? Don't answer.
Currently Savage is offering a Model 110 125th anniversary in Savage calibers, advertising the heck out of it but I don't think they are exactly flying off the shelves.
I don't think the "haters" really hate them. They just have an opinion (strong) on the caliber. smile
I shot one once many years ago. My shoulder still aches from the bite of that crescent buttplate driven into my shoulder via the punch of a .308.
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not sure what Savage was trying for with that one.

Uhhhh... a 75th Anniversary Model?

Shoulda woulda coulda but didn't.
I don't hate them. I just don't like them so I'll spend my hard earned money on other things.
I still hate them.
Hate is such a strong word. But applicable.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I shot one once many years ago. My shoulder still aches from the bite of that crescent buttplate driven into my shoulder via the punch of a .308.

I've been shoot'in a 99F .308 since I was 12. Buck up! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire