Home
Posted By: kenster99 Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Deer season over today, struck out today trying to fill my second tag, but was succesful last week in getting this 3 point.1shot at a little over 100 yds with my 250-3000 and 100 gr. factory core-lokt.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: norm99 Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
thats one nice deer,must be in back yard with the wheelbarrow hey
Posted By: rikker Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Is that a California blacktail?? or is it a Muley??
Posted By: saddlering Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Nice , I like the big high rack!, you seen to do good on these deer with the 99s!, keep the pics comeing!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Originally Posted by rikker

That HAS to be a blacktail. The rack doesn't show the forked tines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but IF it's a blacktail, it's the biggest rack I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! smile smile smile
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
I'd LOVE to get a 3x3 like that someday. Congrats, that's a great deer!
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
what a haus!! Nicely done and thanks always for sharing!! Jealous for sure...
from what i know ,blacktail being a sub specise of muley ,also has forked rack ,unless,non tip ,or cross bread
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Super deer!!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

That HAS to be a blacktail. The rack doesn't show the forked tines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but IF it's a blacktail, it's the biggest rack I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! smile smile smile

Whitetail/blacktail cross?????????????? Regardless,,,,,,,,,,,it's ONE nice deer!!!!!
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Yah! that what I'm taking about! Nice!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10

If I was a Betting Man. I'd Say Muley,Rack is to Big for Black-Tail.
Kenny Nice Job.
Steve
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Rack is to Big for Black-Tail.

Don't think so...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
Good Thing I'm not A betting Man. grin
Posted By: Mike Armstrong Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/10
I assume that all three "species" of deer CAN cross; I've shot muledeer/whitetail crosses in eastern WA, and blacktail/muledeer crosses in northern CA. But I never heard of a blacktail/whitetail cross, although I don't know of any reason there couldn't be one, especially in BC.

I agree that it would be a very unusual rack for a pure blacktail. In any case, GOOD JOB!
never say never,does with hornes bucks without,wtiettail hornes on mulies ,and viceversa
WHEN I GET BACK FROM HUNTING I WILL TRY TO POST PICS OF 3 AND 4 POINTS THAT MATCH OR BETTER THAT ONE
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/10
Thanks for the compliments guys. In the area I live in, these deer are mostly blacktail,but cant be scored as such because of inter -breeding with muleys occasionally.Was actually not a good hunting year for deer around here, too many lions I am thinking.Need to lift the ban on them and start reducing the population.Good luck to all this year in the woods!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/10
Originally Posted by norm99
WHEN I GET BACK FROM HUNTING I WILL TRY TO POST PICS OF 3 AND 4 POINTS THAT MATCH OR BETTER THAT ONE

I will be posting pictures of my wife and me of our annual trip to Canada. TRUST me the deer we WILL kill will not better Kenster's deer in appearance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the memories will last forever. As well, best of luck to everyone. And whatever you use, TRY to make it a Savage!!!! grin grin
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/10
Have a great trip.
Posted By: Hemlock_Ranger Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/10
That's a heck of a buck. Congrats!
© 24hourcampfire