Home
Hen & Rooster .300 Savage Canoe - 1979 Knife
No bidding required! smile
Be more interesting if the serial # was 1899......and it had walnut scales....and was in Muskrat configuration.
It seems a bit pricey too but if you MUST have anything and everything .300 Savage it would make a cool addition to a collection. An opener so to speak when showing it all off, "and now on to the really good stuff!"

Hey Kev:

Sept.1990, had a little money saved so I bought one. Numbers 1-10; 95, 99, 300, 1895, 1899 all taken. So I got #3000. I see now no choice of numbers. Pd $75. + $3.95 shpg. 20 yrs its been in my gun/knife/ammo drawer. Maybe grandsons will want it.

... 99 LL ...
Very cool! I've only one '99 and it's an EG chambered in .300. It's in great condition although it did have sling swivels added to it before I got it. My wife's uncle gave it to me when he heard I wanted to start hunting but didn't have a rifle; he had two at the time, the .300 he gave me and a .243. Being a lefty and thus partial to lever guns, I'm hoping he gives me first shot (pun intended) at the .243 if he ever decides to part with it. I think if I were a collector though, I might have to add the knife just 'cause.
I'm used to Case "Canoe" pattern, so this doesn't look much like a "Canoe Knife" to me. Not really traditional in any way: only appeal to me is the name!

Nice to see it anyway. They do make nice knives; I just have a different taste....
can someone post a picture of this for me... the link does not work from here...
[Linked Image]

Now it's gone...I guess...

Dam COX internet service!!!
thanks!
$75 in 1990 is worth $125 today according to the CPI calculator you find on the internet.
© 24hourcampfire