Home
Posted By: Phil99 Good luck to the Michigan guys - 11/13/10
The Michigan rifle opener is Monday the 15th. Good luck to all you Michigan Savage shooters.

I'll be going north tomorrow night with a couple of my buddies, headed to my cabin south of Baldwin. Deer numbers are only fair this year, but we usually do OK. Whether or not we take a deer there will be pasties and chili for supper, cold beer and euchre in the evenings, and some nice 99s in the gunrack to admire.

Cheers,

Rod

[Linked Image]

Watch you don't snag those "Malones" in the briars. Good hunting
don't see too many "Briars" that far north, I reckon... grin
Posted By: RAS Re: Good luck to the Michigan guys - 11/13/10
Rod,

Good luck to you. It is impossible for me to describe in words how much I would like to be in northern Michigan with my Dad on Monday. That is where it all started for me.

Dont forget the Woolrich and Stormy Kromer.

Jeff
There's nothing like deep woods hunting smile
Leelanau County with my 358R. No snow, but no rain either.
Good luck to all youse guys, hope to see some nice pic's next week.
[Linked Image]
The real hunter went up Friday, to our camp just south of Old US 2, east of Watersmeet. I'll be dragging up on Tuesday. I'm bringing my hunting stuff, but I don't know if I'll be going out. Heaslth is still pretty much a day to day thing; mostly feeling pretty good, but some days are bummers. Maybe I'll just go sit behind the outhouse, and hope for a John Deere.
Not much time off this year compared to the past. Opening day and weekends only. I was going to hunt with a pre-mil F this year, but the forecast is for pure dog snot weather. I'll use a synthetic stock bolt gun instead. Maybe the weather will improve for Thanksgiving weekend.
We've got pure dog snot weather here today and I sure wouldn't take pre-mil out in it.
The real hunter went up Friday, to our camp just south of Old US 2, east of Watersmeet.

Hey, I know that area sort of. When I was a wee lad I used to hunt with my Father up near Skanee by L'anse. My Father's family used to lease a section from Ford and had a camp that they called Camp Major up there. All long gone now. I'd be hard pressed to find the old camp but the memories are still vivid. Hope you all have a successful hunt.
Will be hunting around the Manistee area. Took the week off of work to be with friends and family. White tail season is always a great time in Michigan.

38superman
Posted By: ctw Re: Good luck to the Michigan guys - 11/14/10
Youper
Good luck to you sounds bad but lucky you to have a job. It looks good in my hand has always decided what I carry never the weather. I will have my youngest in the woods with me again this year so whatever happens the day will be great! I will definitely post picts.
Thanks Chris
© 24hourcampfire