Home
Posted By: griz Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/23/10
My two cousins from out of state came to the ranch to hunt deer this year. The first day of the season I guided them to a couple of nice bucks and later in the afternoon managed to get one myself. Pretty unusual for three hunters to all get a buck on the same day around here and thought it made for a nice picture some of you might enjoy.

From left to right: my buck, cousin Ron�s buck, cousin Craig�s buck.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My buck where he dropped. Savage EG in 243 with Leupold 2x7. The gun is factory drilled and tapped for scope, or so I assume with the �SAVAGE 99 MODEL� stamped on the side of the receiver ring. Would like to be able to brag on a long difficult running shot, but he was standing broadside at only 100 yards and dropped at the shot just behind the front shoulder.
[Linked Image]

Bullet recovered from the off side just under the skin.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: boltman Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/23/10
Very nice work!
Nice bucks! wish I was a Cousin! 243 EGs are not that commom, thanks for the pics! John
Thats a great day! Thanks for the pics.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
great, bucks, pics,good beams on the racks ,,great hunt ,i'am envious. grin
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
Nice goin'Griz. Someday I hope to shoot a Mulie like the one you got. I had the good fortune to shoot a 150 class whitetail in Missouri this year, so I ain't complaining.
John
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
Nice work. I hope your guests appreciated it!!

A Savage lever gun and a green box a boolits - ya can't beat it!!!
Posted By: VAJim Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
It don't get much better than that!
Simply...nice!
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
That's a great day's hunting. Great deer, and a very cool rifle.

Rod
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
wow... nice mulies!
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
Posted By: scott63 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
awesome day, that core lokt looks like it performed perfectly
Posted By: Mesa Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
Griz, you know a .243 won't reliably kill a big deer! What're you trying to pull here anyhow?

(Great buck, even if we all know you REALLY used a .310 WhizWhop Magnum with a 19x44 variable scope and integral radar rangefinder, and titanium/iridium bullets that cost $7.48@.....)
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
Great deer and great pics! Congrats!

Though you guys kill me with those EG's in 243.. been watching for one for 4 years now. Keep hold of that one!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/24/10
Originally Posted by griz
My two cousins from out of state came to the ranch to hunt deer this year. The first day of the season I guided them to a couple of nice bucks and later in the afternoon managed to get one myself. Pretty unusual for three hunters to all get a buck on the same day around here and thought it made for a nice picture some of you might enjoy.

From left to right: my buck, cousin Ron�s buck, cousin Craig�s buck.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My buck where he dropped. Savage EG in 243 with Leupold 2x7. The gun is factory drilled and tapped for scope, or so I assume with the �SAVAGE 99 MODEL� stamped on the side of the receiver ring. Would like to be able to brag on a long difficult running shot, but he was standing broadside at only 100 yards and dropped at the shot just behind the front shoulder.
[Linked Image]

Bullet recovered from the off side just under the skin.
[Linked Image]

Griz
Way to Go. Looks Like the area I use to hunt in Wasta,S.D.
Congrats to You and your Cousins,Very Nice.
I'll be Out that way in January.
Steve
Dear Griz, it would appear that I am your long lost son, I would be interested in meeting you next hunting season....Don't worry I'll bring some beer and a Savage 99. I haven't seen mass on our deer around here like that for years. Nice Bucks!
Posted By: steve99 Re: Three Decent Mulie Bucks - 11/25/10
Those are some nice Bucks Griz. And killed with a plain old bullet, whoda thunk?
© 24hourcampfire