Home
well this ends a good year ,,shur it does and was, most of us are still alive and kicking,[bishing] as well, we are still here and most of us will last another one ,which i hope will be better for those south of the great country of CANADA..

heep slugging hopefully the tea party will get things right
and fix a few dems

been a good year for collecting for me ,can't complain,,looking for a GOOD NEW YEARS FOR ALL
Posted By: boswellbuckhunter Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10

Happy New Year to you Norm...and to everyone else on the Campfire...

Joe
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Originally Posted by norm99
well this ends a good year ,,shur it does and was, most of us are still alive and kicking,[bishing] as well, we are still here and most of us will last another one ,which i hope will be better for those south of the great country of CANADA..

heep slugging hopefully the tea party will get things right
and fix a few dems

been a good year for collecting for me ,can't complain,,looking for a GOOD NEW YEARS FOR ALL

2011 can't be much worse than 2010, now CAN it. You're right, we made it through it. So that IS something positive. Happy New Year everyone!!!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
I squeaked through there at the end. Here's hoping 2011 is better!! Happy New Year to all of you.
Posted By: saddlering Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Same back at yas! 2010 wasnt the best for me, but its over Hopeing 2011 is better! Happy New Year to all!
John
Posted By: diamondjim Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy New Years to all of the Savage loonies and even to the "normal" ones.
Posted By: 99trix Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Well I have been lucky this past year. 2010 was the first year in the past 7 that I haven't had a major life changing event, so I really count my blessings. Hope everyone has my luck for 2011.

I have been fortunate this year to meet with two of the campfire members, Norm99 and loggah. Both great wonderful guys. I have added a lot fewer rifles in 2010 than I have in the past years, but nothing ordinary. All pretty special rifles.

All the best in 2011 to all my friends here at the fire!

Blair
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Best possible 2011 to you all

Al
Posted By: mad_dog Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy New Years guys.

I don't think I can top 2010 after I bagged the 16 point buck but I'll do my damndest to try! Gonna lay low till this 2011 deer season as I don't want anything to happen to me (like lose my trigger finger) so I won't be outside or going to work till after this coming November (jk).

See ya tomorrow, got some beer to drink.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy New Year to all the fits and misfits around the fire!
Posted By: kenster99 Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy New year to all here!
Posted By: sooner Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
I am one lucky guy I am still above ground and have my health my family is doing well and I have had positive dealings with several of my campfire friends .Now if the Sooners can pull another rabbit out of the hat . Happy New Year . Tom
Posted By: Loggah Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy new year to all here, from the grumpy old troll in the gun cave !!!!! grin Don
Posted By: Skidrow Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
Happy New Year and best wishes for a prosperous year to come to all at the Fire.
Posted By: Bull_Elk Re: NEW YEARS - 12/31/10
2010 for me had it's ups and downs. Daughter graduated from college and got a job! Mom & Dad's health really deteriorated. Sister started chemo today for a nasty version of non-hodgkins lymphoma. The wife and I will approach 2011 with our fingers crossed and thanking God for our faith, friends and family. Here's wishing you and yours a healthy and prosperous new year!
Tom
Posted By: like2shoot Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy new year to all! I am going deer hunting tomorrow Last day in Va. It is supposed to be 57* and rain in the PM.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
We got engaged...
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Yay!!!!!! S'Mores at the reception?
Posted By: TomA Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Congrats Drew and Happy New Year to all.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Norm99, I highjacked your posting and made it the 2011 Sign In post. Kind of silly to start a new one since there was already one going. Hope you don't mind.

It will soon be NINE shocked years for some of us here on the Forum!
We still find questions to ask and questions to answer. I think I'm starting to forget the answers to things I use to know...must be getting old. It has been a great place to hang out, thank you Rick Bin! Lots of good friends, some I know in person and some only from their typing. Here is looking to a new years and more answers to the Savage puzzle.

Happy New Years everyone!

Congrat's Drew and Jackie!
Posted By: daveyreka Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year as well to everybody here on the campfire. I would like to echo Rick99's shout out to Rick Bin for hosting such a great place to hang out.

Hope everybody here has a fantastic year ahead of them.

Dave
Posted By: nash22 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
I'll be hanging around for another year. Good Night!!!!

nash
Posted By: ROMAC Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
I'm walkng out the door to go bunny hunting with my Savage made 16 Sterlingworth. Good start to 2011.

Happy new year!
Posted By: 300jimmy Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year fella's! You can count on me for another year.
Posted By: steve99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to everyone! This is a great place to hang out and all of you make it that way. Thanks.
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Have a great 2011 everybody

Al
Posted By: riverpines Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to everyone. I hope it's a better year then 2010.Still looking for a decent 99 in 30/30 for a good price. Picking kind of thin here in N.J. Past several years (3) of my gun store hang outs have gone out of business.
Posted By: 99guy Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to all. Am going to try and make a point of getting to the fest this year to meet some of you nuts. Speaking of which....any plans in the pipeline for such?

Randy
Posted By: 300savagehunter Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to all you 99 loonies!! I've learned a lot and brought more than I should have, but I'll probably do it again this year.

Congrats Drew.

Mike
Posted By: gregintenn Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
2010 was good to me. Here's to a great 2011 to all the Savage nutz!!!!! cool
Posted By: sunvalleyguy Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year and glad to see most are still here.

Fred
Posted By: hillbill Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
2010 was a hard year for many, hope things improve for the avj joe in this country soon.Im fairly new around here and you guys have been helpful with all my dumb questions. I have 3 99s so far,all shooters and nothing really special but Im working on two really really nice ones, If I can pull it off it will be a good start to a new year.

wish all you gents good health and happiness this year and may you find the 99 of your dreams...Bill
Posted By: docost99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year everyone! Go Badgers!
And since Joe brought up beer, today I will be enjoying various beers from around the country....Full Sail, Bridgeport, and Deschutes beers from Oregon, Yuengling from Pennsylvania, Capital from here in Wisconsin, Summit from Minnesota, and Old Dominion from Delaware. I may even top them off with a bit of Hacker-Pschorr!
Posted By: Ron_T Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
I sincerely hope everyone here has a very happy 2011 and the same high degree of happiness in all the years beyond this new year.

Strength & Honor... smile

Ron T.
Posted By: 303mike Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year! May we all find that most elusive Savage 99 this year. After all, we've still got 365 days to look for it. Shoot sharp, Mike
All the best in 2011, still lurking around the fire! 2010 was a dandy year finally got my hands on the elusive pre-mil EG in .308!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to everyone, George.
Posted By: elwood Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Originally Posted by Rick99

Wow...nine years..that's hard to believe. We had a good year and are looking forward to a good one coming. Our oldest is moving back to our area after 20 years away. He and his family will be here in July. Can't wait for that. Hope everyone has a great New Year...stay safe.

Elwood
Happy New Year to all of you here at the 24. I don't post often, but read all the time. 2011 should be a great year.

Blitz
Posted By: norm99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Originally Posted by Rick99
Norm99, I highjacked your posting and made it the 2011 Sign In post. Kind of silly to start a new one since there was already one going. Hope you don't mind.

We still find questions to ask and questions to answer. I think I'm starting to forget the answers to things I use to know...must be getting old. It has been a great place to hang out, thank you Rick Bin! Lots of good friends, some I know in person and some only from their typing. Here is looking to a new years and more answers to the Savage puzzle.

Happy New Years everyone!

Congrat's Drew and Jackie!

you didn't hijack it you just added a touch of flavor,,,thank you for all your time and answers .In the 16 months i have been here i have learned tons ,enjoyed hughly,met and delt with some great guys,learnt what tomato steaks are grinand hope to continue meeting you guys ,,mabey at a FEST cool

BY THE WAY MY NEW AVATAR IS COMPLEMENTS OF MY DAUGHTER HAVING FUN smile cool grin
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to all!

Shortgrub
Posted By: Mesa Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year to All!

My best heartfelt wishes to any member looking for work. Been there, done that; wore out the T-shirt and made it into gun cleaning rags for the few guns I had left! It's a very tough row to hoe, but we're all keeping you in our thoughts. I'm retired but I haven't forgotten what a hard deal unemployment is, and how you just have to keep your lines in the water and keep on keepin' on!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa
Posted By: Phil99 Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
Happy New Year guys. Many thanks for all you have taught me in the last few years. I've enjoyed meeting some of you at gun-shows in the midwest and at last year's Savage Fest. There's some fine people hanging around this site, and there aren't many days that I don't find something interesting or amusing here.

Cheers,

Rod
Posted By: domit Re: NEW YEARS - 01/01/11
keep on trucking guys and girls. new year and new hunts, meets, and get-to-gethers! taking my 3030 to canada this year to get a really big deer, hopehopehope! best to all. D O M I T !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Thanks to everyone for the great information shared here and fueling my addition to leaver action rifles:)

Regards

38superman
Happy New Year to everyone on "The Fire". Don't know what I would do without this site when I'm laid up!
Well I already "checked in" but I wanted to apologize for the short post earlier...obviously a busy night... Jackie says hi and smores for sure!

Happy new year and hope everyone is looking forward to 2011 as much we are!
Happy New Year to All! And sign me up for another year smile
I'm on board for another year, all the best to everyone

Johno
This is my 2'nd sign in and I would like to thank all of you for your entertaining and educational input to this forum. I've learned a lot in the last 1 1/2 years.
Wishing you all the best in 2011!
Happy New Year!

Lee
Got a nice buck and a doe, a new son-n-law and a nice 99 R in 308, and a new grand daughter. Can't complain bout 2010. Hope all have a good healthy 2011. I'm a goina give it hell myself.
Jerry
I raise a glass to toast all of you. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to all and thanks for the good information. Had a good year in 2010 and hope 2011 is even better I will still be here for another year. Congratulations to Drew and Jackie.
Steve
Felix Sit Annus Novus
2010 was an interesting year with my recovery from knee repair surgery on both knees, losing one job, finding another, and then moving. This forum and the Campfire were a place to find stability all year.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Dale
Happy New Year all. Looking forward to 2012. smile

Jim
Happy New Years to everyone. Another one gone by, much to fast anymore. Take care in the coming year, and I'll see everyone this time next year. Dave
Still hanging in here. Best from Texas.

BP...
Happy New Year All! Great site. I keep on learning about the 99's from so many of you. Thanks for all the info. It's given me a chance to really appreciate the Savage 99. Took "3" great bucks this year, all with 99's. Hope 2011 will be good to everyone.
Happy New Year! -TomT
Happy New Year from south Florida. Currently in my box blind in south GA with my 308EG, maybe one will step out...
Good luck, billy!

Happy New Year! I'm still kicking around, and plan on doing so for quite a while longer.
Still around! HNY to all!
Posted By: Plab Re: NEW YEARS - 01/02/11
Happy new year To all

Plab
Happy New Year! I think 2011 is the year I clean up my Bubba'd 1951 .300 S EG.
- buttstock (crappy recoil pad)
- sling swivels (crooked)
- grip cap screw (looks like someone turned it with a chainsaw)
- add an apperture sight
- load some 130gr TTSXs

The rifle is really in good shape other than the misguided efforts of its previous owner.

Expat
Happy new year to all. Im still mostly lurkin n learnin with a post every now and then

Happy New Year to all, Still here, still dont look like Groucho.
Happy 2011 to everyone! Keep the info flowing and THANKS for all the knowledge. And once a new year starts, the annual rifle budget starts over too, right?
Back in town for a while...been pretty much gone since Sept. Low back pain chronic, vitreous separation right eye, golf game sucks, didn't get to hunt this fall, wife needs new knees-likely in February, yet overall a much better year than some we've had. Both of us can still jump as high as ever....just can't stay up as long. Greatest regret for 2010 was missing the 'Fest.

Thanks for all the help this year. Wishing all on the forum happy, healthy and prosperous 2011. John
Seasons Greetings, stil here and learning about Savages. I guess there is only a handful going to the shot show. See you there.
Happy New Year to all.....still lurking and learning, thanks to all of you. Checked off two on my want list last year - a nice H in 22HP and a model 1920 in 250-3000. Looking forward to 2011 and whatever it brings.
happy new year 2 all. keep up the great info hear for 2011. @ i hope all hear add a savage 2 ur gun safe this year? or 2. ps @ the gas prices go DOWN !!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year to all don;t get on the computer much but when i do this is the first place i come
here to wish all great health and wealth this new year. thanks for shareing the knowledge on these classic firearms!!! murph
Still here and lurking. Loading for the .303 this weekend. Shot a few rabbits this year with the Savage 1917. Happy New Year, fella's!
Wishing a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all my fellow Savage Loonies!
Happy New Year to all.
Happy new year to all! and thanks to all who see fit to share the info with the rest of us!
Hey! I'm here late to the party again. All the chicks are gone, food plates are empty and the bottles are empty. All that's left are bunch old savage owners petting their guns.

Happy New Year Fellas!
Yeah, I'm still here
My 9 years flew. 4 kids and a bunch of 99s come and gone. Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year to you all I still look in most nights to see what is up for discustion and still find some interesting reads
Keep it up all you learned gentalmen the likes of me is still learning
Rick it's hard to belive its 9 years since we came over from the other site
I second a big thanks to Rick Bin
Cheers from Nerw Zealand
Graham
Happy New Years to all from a new guy to 99s and this forum (not to the 'fire though).
Still here. A most Happy New Year to all!
Great forum and continue to browse when I can and also if you have not looked over at the pics in the ELK forum you are missing something. Beautiful pics for this winter time cold. Thanks to all who have answered questions or shared their knowledge on 99's!
© 24hourcampfire