Home
Posted By: RLG JED, I met Leroy Merz in LV - 01/23/11
Hi Jed. Let you know I met Leroy Mertz at Las Vegas Antique Gun Show. He had tables close to mine. Seems like a nice guy. Chatted about some of the guns you sold him and some I bought from him. He had a lot of stuff there . Didn't see any Savage's, though. I did see a few Savages at the show. 99F in .358 for $1,500.....Dick
Dick - we're people just looking or were they actually pulling their wallets out of their pockets? How was attendance?
Posted By: RLG Re: JED, I met Leroy Mertz in LV - 01/23/11
Attendance was alot better than last year. Lots of European buyers for my Antique stuff. Most I talked to said show had been good! not Super, but pretty good. I only had one table, but moved some stuff. Only stain on my trip was getting nailed by a CHP on the way home doing 81 in a 55 zone. You'd think at 70 yrs. old I'd get smart, but I never seem to Ha!....Dick
Dick - thanks for the update. Wow... I wonder how fast you drove as a young man wink
Hey Dick - Glad to hear you had a good time at the show. See if you can get Leroy to let you into the house for a tour. He's got quite a place.
Posted By: GeneB Re: JED, I met Leroy Mertz in LV - 01/24/11
I have delt with his sales people on two rifles, they are good to work with. I am still waiting for someone to correct the spelling of his last name - no 't', it's Merz.

...and I still wonder which member bought this one from him? 1899
Isn't that the Dodge rifle?
Yes
Gene,
That is the Dodge rifle and was bought by Wes Adams
(not on the forum to my knowledge).
John
Posted By: RLG Re: JED, I met Leroy Mertz in LV - 01/24/11
Hi Jed. I guess I did spell his name wrong. One thing that I thought was interesting was he had never owned an "authentic" 1895 SRC. That was the only thing I could gloat a little about ,as I owned one, once.............Dick
I did see the only I've ever seen 1899 SRC w/factory engraving at Leroy's.
Wes Adams bought the gun, Leroy did the bidding, there were two bids, it opened for 200 and sold for 225 plus the juice!!!!!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire