Home
I was checking out Goodwin prints online and found a listing on a want list. "It's Savage Time" 1927 calander ad for Savage. Two men on raft and bear was the description. I could not find a veiw of it and wondered if anyone had a scan of it? Thanks Tom W
I'm pretty sure Fug has one ,i think Lauren owned it originally. he prints used show up from time to time, but the whole calander is kind of rare. Don
Lauren had a Savage-Stevens calendar for 1929 at the 2007 Fest, 2 guys in a canoe.
there was a painting of that print on ebay, but not a Goodwin!
I know the image you are referring to, It is a log raft and definitely a Savage carbine, the river is whitewater.

In the 1929 Calendar the water is still;; and the guys are facing us. There are two versions one with an 86 and the other for Savage w/ a 1899 rifle.
I have 1927 Savage and Stevens Firearms two men on a raft shooting at thhe bear.
Is this the pic you are talking about
I only have a small size copy
[Linked Image]
Kiwi, thanks for posting the pic. I had never seen that one. Maybe Lauren could show us his 1929 calender? Thanks, Tom W.
I've got a blurry pic of Lauren's calendar somewhere..
Any pictures of the one I had?
Artist was Fuertes.
What did yours look like? This, perhaps?

[Linked Image]
spittin image.
Found This Site
The last item has the picture of the raft in the portfolio
http://www.thewinchesterstore.com/main_PRG.htm
Jed, no I don't have a good picture of yours from the Fest. Memory card ran out. Sweet picture, tho.
© 24hourcampfire