Home
Posted By: tinknocker SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
I have a src serial #669xx that I need a rear sight for any help as to what sight or where to find one would be appreciated.
Thanks
John
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
Can anyone post a picture of the correct sight for that SN range?
Posted By: TheOldTree Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
I got one coming that looks like it has a great rear sight, 95xxx.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=233537119
Posted By: saddlering Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
nice but you buying a 303! Jed might disown you!
got to look at that butt.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
I looked at that rifle and talked to the seller. Hope its as nice you think it is. I was snoozing at the controls when the auction ended.

Congrats.
Lauren, your gun has the micrometer sight but that is later than John's gun so his probably has a different sight?
Posted By: 99trix Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
No it should have the same sight, first year I believe.
Posted By: saddlering Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
I did , it was hard not to bid on it but had a few other things going at the time nice grab!
Posted By: Rick99 Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
Lauren, keep us posted. Looks like you might have a good one. smile
Posted By: tinknocker Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
My gun is a little different it has a rocky mountain front sight, a round cartridge counter,cocking indicater is on the bolt the barrel marking is a style #2 from Murray's first addition book.
Thanks
John
Posted By: 99trix Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
Yours is a pre 90,000 model. Rocky mountain is the correct front sight. I checked out my 1903 catalogue and Lauren sight is in that catalogue. I don't have 1901 or 1902, so 1903 I believe is the first year for that sight, not 1905 which is the vintage of your rifle.

Lauren let us know when you get it and if you keep it.

Blair
According to Murray the micrometer showed up in 1905. I should have checked his SN.

I believe Kenster99 has one for sale.
I've only bought one other 303, a src too, that one was all gray and $175 bucks with 6 boxes of shells. I had to do it.
Dollar cost averaging...
Posted By: Loggah Re: SRC rear sight - 06/16/11
Kinda unique that it has a shotgun butt with the thick hard rubber buttplate,wondering if all the numbers match? if it does its a special order saddle ring carbine. grin Don
or one they just decided to put that butt on,, I've seen a couple butt plates like that, and kinda thinking they made them thicker to try and keep them from breaking, ??
© 24hourcampfire