Home
Posted By: Rick99 Savage Fest 2012... - 08/04/11
It appears that there will be no Savage Fest in 2011...

BUT, I have had word that there are plans in the making to have another in Northern Wisconsin, 2012. August or September sometime but more on that as things shake out.

Whatever the date, I plan to be there! grin

Rory, are you ready for another road trip?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Bit far ahead to be positive, September might be iffy for me. But I'll do my best!

Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Rick
Tnx for Posting.
I'm looking at the Dates Of and will firm that up in a few Months. But Bruce Is Helping Out
So we are Looking at
JULY 27-28th or August 3-4th

Thank-you again.
Steve
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Either of those dates will work for me. Looking forward to it.

Rod
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
I'd be up for that.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Either of those dates should be great for me as well.

I know it's a very, very long drive for the folks from the northeast and west coasts, but hopefully some will be able to make it.
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
I've driven further for less!
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
At 4 bucks a gallon, a drive like that for me in upstate N.Y. is a bit of a stretch. Probably won't make it, but for those that do...enjoy.

Gas alone would be about $400, plus motel, & meals ...for that, I could buy a really nice 99.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
But if you rented a motor coach and sold tickets for the savage fest party bus to the rest from out east..... smile
Not
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
You could solve that distance gas cost problem easily. Just host the Fest. Then you wouldn't have to drive a foot. wink
Canadian Boys want to chime in here???? Make this sucka International!
No. Are you going to host one? Starting to act like a pi**ing
contest.
Pisssing contest? Nahhhhhh...I think our Canadian Brothers to the North would do a fine job of hosting.
Posted By: olgrouser Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Too many issues with your ATF and the border people... anyway ya got a passport to enter a foreign country? wink
Wasn't talking about Canadians
Posted By: 99trix Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
There is a really good chance that these dates would work for me. The advanced notice is also great. We can apply to bring the rifles to the show, we might need to organize some type of official club / association. I did talk in the past with customs and if I am a member of an association holding an event it is a lot easier to get the paper work to bring stuff. Make it a savage club with some minimal due (say $5) and register the club and we would be good to go. With this much notice I can get all of the particulars and maybe I could bring a rifle or two.

As for $4 a gallon gas I only wish. We are paying $1.32 per litre which translates to $5.28 per gallon. Sad thing is things are really tight in a lot of industries and the markets where most of us are holding a fair chunk of our future retirements in is not looking great. But who knows what the future holds. Everything could be booming by this time next year!

Blair
Oh yeah! I am NOT an undesireable in the Provinces! I actually like it there. Most of my people came from Quebec...the French and the Irish!
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Originally Posted by 99trix
Make it a savage club with some minimal due (say $5) and register the club and we would be good to go. Blair

I think that's a great idea! Does anyone have experience in putting a club or association together?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
"I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me as a member!" Groucho laugh
Posted By: 99guy Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/11
Like to be able to make it myself.

Missed last year. My only Aunt was day to day with the big C. Funerel ended up being on the Saturday of the fest. sick

Would have rather been hangin out with you guys. wink

Randy
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/11
Just got in from Lake Superior with fresh Lake Trout! Those of you who attended Mercer Sav Fest might remember fresh fish on the grill. Again in 2012 if this happens. And if I get a bear this fall, I promise bear brats. Best brats you'll ever have! And the bear will have been shot with a 99, probably 375 Win., although recently aquired 358 might work too. Last one was with 300 Savage.
The venue Steve is considering is 10 miles south of Mercer. Next to where real Dillinger shoot-out occurred as shown in recent Johnny Depp movie filled there. This resteraunt would be a great place for Savage fest participants to enjoy a Friday meal?
It is also only 5 miles from our shooting range, so opportunity to do some shooting again. Building is next to small airport for those who might fly in, although no regular scheduled flights.
Bruce
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/11
Crow, if you think its a pissing contest then that's your problem. All I've read from you since the '07 Fest is how high the price of gas is and how you can buy a nice 99 for $400. If you can buy anything but a gray rat for $400 I'll kiss your ass under the flag pole. I paid the price to fly from the left coast to the '07 Fest and drove to the canceled one in '08 and the one in Mercer in '09. I'd have gladly driven to the Fest in '10 if I hadn't had a conflicting commitment. If you want a Fest then quit making excuses and support one. I really don't care if you show up at one or not. As to my hosting a Fest, if you wouldn't drive to Wisconsin what would be the chances of you driving to Washington state? Its not about the price of gas or the distance to travel. Its about the shared knowledge and comradeship. If you don't feel that way then that's your choice but don't piss in someone else's cornflakes because you don't feel that you can afford to go. I'm sure that given your location there are plenty of collectible 99s within your self imposed travel limitations. I hope you find them. Take care and have a nice day.
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/11
Thanks for your thoughts.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/08/11
My list of excuses:

'07 I did not trust my vehicle to make long trip carrying precious Savage cargo.
'08 Losing my job of 20 years.
'09 Had new job but not enough vacation time.
'10 Horrible boss at new job wants me to quit and denied my vacation request.
'11 Another new job (Thank God!) but no fest.

Maybe 2012 will be my year!
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/09/11
I'm with you, 24. I think '12 will be my year too. Missed all the previous events because one thing or another.

By the way, what part of Texas is Wisconsin in? Its out there in West Texas isn't it?
Posted By: E Blair Re: Savage Fest... - 08/10/11
Sorry to hear the 2011 Savage Fest is not to be. I need another 99! I only have one and paid too much for it a few years ago. Now looking to get another at a more reasonable price, maybe something in .250 Savage. Can you just throw down cash and put the old Savage in the trunk and drive home? That would make a longer road trip worthwhile, maybe as part of summer vacation. Yeah, that's the ticket. Let me know when the next one goes down, I'll be there!
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/10/11
We follow the rules. Stay tuned for the 2012 location and date.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest 2012... - 08/30/11
We just got specifics as to using Manitowish Community Center for Aug 3 - 5, 2012 (Steve see your messages) and to quarantee those dates decision (payment) has to be made in 3 weeks. After that they open dates for others. If we wait longer to decide then have to start process over again IF dates still open. No idea how fast dates fill in? Steve's and others decision to host in 2012 might be made easier if those who might attend and haven't chimed in yet, do so. I know it is long way off, but...
I did ask local sportsclub if they would allow membership to Canadians IF that is REALLY what might allow them to bring guns accross border (???) and club said OK. Would need more details on that!
Bruce
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
Bruce P.M. answered.
Steve
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
I believe those dates would work for me.

Rod
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
It may very well be possible for me to pick 1 or 2 of you up at the Green Bay airport on that Thursday or Friday and then cart your azz up there.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
I can not commit 100% but those dates are probably okay with me... be nice and cool up there compared to STL!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
Originally Posted by lovemy99
I can not commit 100% but those dates are probably okay with me... be nice and cool up there compared to STL!

The Building Is air conditioned. grin
Posted By: 99guy Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
I'd like to be able to make it.

A lot of chit can happen in a year though wink grin
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
Looks like its on!!! August 3, 4 & 5, 2012.

Local hotels (small and not sure how fast they fill up):
Pea Patch Motel & Saloon, downtown Manitowish Waters, 715-543-2455.
Trails End, Manitowish Waters, 715-543-2340.
Timberline Inn, Manitowish Waters, 715-543-8080.
Sportsman's Resort Motel, Winchester, 715-686-2232.
Loon's Nest Motel, Mercer (11 miles from Fest) 715-476-2330.
Great Northern Motel, Mercer, 715-476-2440.

Closest commercial flights: Rhinelander, Wis (about 45 minute drive - probably locals could drive and pick up).
Ironwood, Mich (about 38 miles from Fest).
Central Wisconsin Airport, Mosinee, Wis is laargest airport in area ( about 120 miles to south).

More to follow, I'm sure.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/30/11
But it is nice to have 11 months notice to deflect stuff away. grin
Posted By: billy336 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Seems y'all don't want any southerners around, seeing how these Fests are way the hell up north
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Originally Posted by billy336
Seems y'all don't want any southerners around, seeing how these Fests are way the hell up north

Dats because you talk funny dontchaknow.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11

They have these things called airliners.. probably doesn't cost any more than driving it. Come on up, you'll enjoy it.
I'm gonna try, tough that time of year living here in hurricane alley. I'll bring the grits
Posted By: norm99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
how many miles--hours from ND border Manitoba,to fest grounds cool
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Looks like 481 miles and just under 9 hours from where I29 hits Manitoba south of Winnipeg.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Takes about 10 hours to drive from Mercer to Rugby, N.D. to goose hunt. Another hour or 2 to get into Canada?
so roughly 40 hr of driving ,4 nights,3 days to drool on savages ,40 more hours of driving,don't know if wifey would put up with that :(i'll check flying
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Originally Posted by norm99
how many miles--hours from ND border Manitoba,to fest grounds cool

ND-Border-Min-Canada Side Norm is 6 Hours or Less Drove it 8 years ago.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
I'll bring the grits
Ill bring a pot to cook em and a load of butter!
Posted By: 99trix Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
so roughly 40 hr of driving ,4 nights,3 days to drool on savages ,40 more hours of driving,don't know if wifey would put up with that :(i'll check flying

Mapquest Hinton, AB to Mercer, WI

2,427.81 km's
26 hours 17 minutes
Originally Posted by 99trix

Mapquest Hinton, AB to Mercer, WI

2,427.81 km's
26 hours 17 minutes

so add a couple of hours from GP .29-30 hours,still 3 days with 5th wheel,2 days if i go it alone..
Blair -you planning anything??
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
I'll be there, 750 miles, 11+ hours! grin
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
Originally Posted by Rick99
I'll be there, 750 miles, 11+ hours! grin

swing by and pick me up will ya smile If I was just a little more "in the way" that might actually work.

I will try to plan to drive this time so I can bring some guns.
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/31/11
1398 miles and 23 hours 54 min. [bleep] it!
The Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I am in!
1644 miles= plane ride for me. I love my Chevy but not that much
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 09/02/11

I'll bring the grits
Ill bring a pot to cook em and a load of butter!

What about the salt?
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 09/02/11
1807 miles. About 36 hours. God willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there. Gotta get relocated to our land in TN though. Given the Fest, bird hunting and deer hunting that'l make 3 round trips from Washington to Wisconsin in '12. No, make that 4. Wife's high school reunion is in July of '12. Looks like I'll be driving something over 14,000 miles just on trips to Wisconsin in '12. Maybe a new car is in the future? wink grin
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 09/02/11
George, why don't you make 1 trip and stay a while?
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 09/07/11
George, why don't you make 1 trip and stay a while?

I don't think I could handle the commute. Would be something like a 36 hour one way drive to work and another 36 hours back. I guess that's part of the curse of being born in God's country. I was born and raised there but after going back 3 times I still couldn't make a living there. Still though, after living all over the world there's no more beautiful place than northern Wisconsin in the fall. Michigan's Copper Country might run a close second or even pull off a draw but I guess when I was born somebody stuffed a Wisconsin magnet up my ass as I continue to go back there but I just can't seem to stay. Must be an electromagnet with an on and off switch. grin Sometime next summer I'll probably be driving through Pound and Beaver again. Sounds kind of erotic don't it? wink grin

PS: Did I tell you that my Superbowl ring came last week? I'm a shareholder and we get rings if we want to pay the price.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 09/07/11
Originally Posted by Savageupnorth

Closest commercial flights: Rhinelander, Wis (about 45 minute drive - probably locals could drive and pick up).
Central Wisconsin Airport, Mosinee, Wis is laargest airport in area ( about 120 miles to south).

More to follow, I'm sure.

Bruce
Ya forgot the Manotowish Airport! grin
Can Land a 2,4,6, Passenger Piper or Cessna.
Taxi right up to the Fest within 100 Yards.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 09/07/11
I might actually do that Steve!!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 09/07/11
I might actually do that Steve!!

Drew
Heck your commute be about 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 Hours Hours pending a single engine or twin? grin From St.Louie???
Takes 2 Hours 40 Minutes From No. Ill to Fly there
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 09/07/11
yeah I would have to check the distance but I would probably need a pit stop for gas. Bonanza cruises about 185-190 MPH and the T-6 does about 210-215 but burns about 4x the gas. It would be a good hall in a 172 or cherokee or other small single.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Savage Fest... - 09/10/11
Originally Posted by 99guy
I'd like to be able to make it.

A lot of chit can happen in a year though wink grin

What he said...
I've got a fairly new vehicle, my job is going well, I should have the vacation time...don't see anything that would keep me away at this point!
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 09/14/11
Geezus....we got pilots in our midst too???

BTW****** I heard a rumor that The Hells Angels are providing security for the 2012 Savage Fest....
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 09/14/11
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Geezus....we got pilots in our midst too???

BTW****** I heard a rumor that The Hells Angels are providing security for the 2012 Savage Fest....

Na We Got Chi Town Hench Men,,, Or Mercer Bad Boys grin
Or Better Yet Gary Grogel

We also Still Have Al's and John's relatives grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPHMdVX1-0&feature=related
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 09/16/11
So what really happened on Valentines Day? wink grin Used to frequent Al's place east of Rhinelander quite often.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 10/06/11
There will be bear brats at Manitowish Waters, August 4, 2012!
Tuesday, the Savage 99 was successful, a 157 pound dressed weight male. Shot him as I was walking into stand! Dropping sausage meat off at butcher tomorrow for brats. I only had disposable camera in backpack, so once developed will scan pics of 99 and bear and get them on here. There was much larger bear coming, but only at night, and since I drug this one out by myself in small otter sled, size was about right.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 10/06/11
Congrats!

Now.. how good are bear brats? And is is sacrilege to eat them without sauerkraut? Hate that stuff. grin
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 10/06/11
Bear Meet is Usually Sweet,,In the Pork Family

And Red Cabbage can do.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 10/06/11
Mark me down for several. grin
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 10/06/11
I'll have plenty brats made, and I won't be bringing sauerkraut as its pretty low on my to eat list! Ketchup and mustard, probably relish too. and good brat buns, not hotdog buns..... I quit drinking 34 years ago, but I'm guessing a good beer goes well with bear brats!
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 10/08/11
Hey! I want One!!!!! I quit drinking close to 3 years ago and I can only imagine a brite-o would be fine!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Savage Fest... - 10/08/11
I'll have plenty brats made, and I won't be bringing sauerkraut as its pretty low on my to eat list! Ketchup and mustard, probably relish too. and good brat buns, not hotdog buns..... I quit drinking 34 years ago, but I'm guessing a good beer goes well with bear brats!

Brats without Kraut absolutely SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 10/09/11
Sounds like we'll have some sauerkraut for those desiring some... We have an excellent German food resteraunt (The Pines) who will provide some I'm sure. You wouldn't want me trying to make some or buying the canned stuff???
29 pounds of bear meat dropped off at butcher will equal 40 pounds + of brats!
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 10/10/11
Sounds wonderful Bruce.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage Fest... - 10/10/11
Being of good Pennsylvania Dutch stock, I can say only one thing about sauerkraut- yuck!! Never developed a taste for the stuff, and being in a kitchen where it's cooking triggers a gag reflex. It was a real b*tch growing up in a family that practically swam in the stuff.

I would love to taste a bear brat. Just don't tell my cardiologist.
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 11/10/11
I have been snooping out some travel options and here is where I am at: United or Delta from Manchester to Duluth, MN where I rent some wheels and then drive them like I stole them to the Land of Ed Gein and the dreaded badgers!
Posted By: 99_D Re: Savage Fest... - 11/23/11
Originally Posted by fatjack34
I have been snooping out some travel options and here is where I am at: United or Delta from Manchester to Duluth, MN where I rent some wheels and then drive them like I stole them to the Land of Ed Gein and the dreaded badgers!

Never would have thought I'd see a serial killer reference on this forum. grin Looks like 1179 miles & 20 hours from my part of Texas. Has a date been set?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 12/31/11
I heard August mentioned.

Stever can you nail that down??
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 12/31/11

Mike
1 St Weekend In August FRIDAY,Saturday And Sunday The 3rd,4th, and 5th.

Posted By: savage24 Re: Savage Fest... - 01/03/12
Are there any campgrounds nearby?
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 01/03/12
Yes In Mercer there Is one 4 Miles away
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 01/03/12
Campgrounds:
Loon Lagoon 715-476-2466 in Mercer on Grand Portage Lake 10 miles from Fest.
Lake of Falls County Campground 715-561-2697 on County Highway FF about 24 miles from Fest on winding road.
Sandy Beach Lake State Campground 715-356-5211 about 8 miles from fest.
Turtle-Flambeau Flowage State campsites 715-476-7846 accessable by boat only.
Additional sites on Northern Highland State Forest 715-356-5211 within 20 miles of Fest.

For anyone coming to Fest who would like county recreation map, fishing regs or other such info, let me know. Will need PO mail address.
Bruce
Posted By: ed7189 Re: Savage Fest... - 02/12/12
Exactly where in Manotowish Waters is Savage Fest being held?
Posted By: 3stars Re: Savage Fest... - 02/12/12
Being held at Manitowish Waters Community Center
On 51
Posted By: huffman1 Re: Savage Fest... - 02/14/12
Love to come out but travel is not good for me, health probs. Hope ya'll have a great time.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: Savage Fest... - 02/24/12
Hoping to be able to come, but 1050 miles would be 10 hours in Europe...a bit longer here. Unfortunately, family health issues preclude any commitment until June most likely. Hoping,hoping....
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/03/12
Only 4 Months Left to Go.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/03/12
Lightfoot, Calhoun and myself have reservations at the Timberline Inn. grin
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 04/03/12
Booked my flight last Sunday!!
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Duluth??? Or???
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/03/12
Mikey's coming all the way from warm and sunny SoCal... I just might have to make that drive up...
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Duluth??? Or???

I'm going into Minneapolis since I have family there and up Nort. Will be spending a week or so cruising around. Will be passing thru Duluth Friday morning though.
Mikey's coming all the way from warm and sunny SoCal... I just might have to make that drive up...

You better!!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 04/03/12

You better!!

Well, he'll have to get permission first. He's not young and independent any more, ya know. grin
Duluth??? Or???

I'm going into Minneapolis since I have family there and up Nort. Will be spending a week or so cruising around. Will be passing thru Duluth Friday morning though.

Mike
On your way down,,Stop in Bayfield on lake Superior, Neat town,
And there a really good Gunshop in ASHLAND. grin
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 04/04/12
There's a pretty good Mom and Pop restaurant in Brule too if you need to stop and get a bite to eat. Can't remember the name of the place but there ain't much in Brule but US 2 and the restaurant. 'Bout midway between Superior and Ashland. Well, I could be wrong as that was 36 years ago. My bad. "It's funny how time slips away." wink laugh frown
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 04/20/12

My wife booked our reservations at this place last night. One of us is really looking forward to the event wink
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/20/12
I'm planning on going assuming no major issues but it might be hard... wedding is in late June (maybe a delayed honeymoon laugh laugh laugh ) Actually... I am pretty certain that Jackie will not be interested in doing another Savage Fest... pretty sure one a decade is enough for her!
Drew - this part of Wisconsin, in the one month of actual summer, would be a wonderful honeymoon destination smile In fact, it is fortunate the fest is booked on the weekend that it is as there are weddings during the weekends surrounding the fest. What few hotels there are, are booking up fast for those weekends. Another... thought... we can have the wedding during the fest. It's not like there is no precedent for this wink
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 04/20/12
Thats Great Drew, but Jackie WILL be missed!!
Not enough, "eye candy" for her? I will admit that if Savage eye candy doen't do much for someone, the remaining eye candy walking around is a bit on the rustic side. By the way, Linda mentioned there is a Blue Grass Festival in the area that weekend.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/20/12
Yes Blue Grass Fest also
Almost across the Street, A Very Good One that's Been there for Years.
I hope I'm not letting a secret out, but there is some tolerance of, "diversity" among this group. At the last fest, among a sea of Savage rifles there were some non-Savages eek I had a couple myself, such as my Burgess folder shotgun and I was not ejected. In fact, several were disappointed I didn't have any examples of Ross rifles along. I will rectify that this year. I'm thinking the Standard Arms, "CAMP .50" might get out of the house that weekend as well.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/20/12
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

I suspect if we both don't make it, she might be missed more than me! laugh

I suspect if we both don't make it, she might be missed more than me! laugh

Perhaps the question here is, if she came by herself would anyone ask about you? eek
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 04/21/12
Well, there is that. Drew, be careful where you leave Jackie. I detect a certain cult of admiration. wink grin
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/21/12
Last time i saw Jackie, She sure wanted a Savage Pistol! grin
I'd be careful too!
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 04/21/12
I recommend a high conditioned one in .45 ACP. Would make for a great wedding present smile
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/21/12
Originally Posted by boltman
I recommend a high conditioned one in .45 ACP. Would make for a great wedding present smile

hahaha... happens to be one for sale this weekend with some condition...

She got what she wanted... and that little rock cost me several nice engraved Savages....

Originally Posted by Skidrow
Well, there is that. Drew, be careful where you leave Jackie. I detect a certain cult of admiration. wink grin

As I recall she liked you too!! Never seen so chatty with a gun guy before.

And yeah Steve, she did want a Savage pistol in 380 and I still have not bought her one but I did buy her a few other 9mm and she really does like to shoot handguns... she even takes her g/f's to the range... I am certain that she goes pistol shooting more than I do...
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 04/21/12
... she really does like to shoot handguns... she even takes her g/f's to the range... I am certain that she goes pistol shooting more than I do...

Now there is a great start to a marriage grin

Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12

How far is this Inn to the event site?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12
It appeared to be very close.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12
Not even a 1/2 Mile
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12
Not even a 1/2 Mile

aka: stumbling distance laugh laugh
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12
Not even a 1/2 Mile

aka: stumbling distance laugh laugh

For Who??? grin
Posted By: bigolddave Re: Savage Fest... - 04/22/12
Steve,

Any idea how far to Land O' Lakes? Merle and I are thinking of bunking at the hunting camp to save money to invest in 99's.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 04/23/12
Land O'Lakes about 45 minutes away on winding county highways. Very scenic drive!
Posted By: bigolddave Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
Thanks, sounds feasible. Camp is four miles east of Watersmeet, so not a lot farther.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
Easy drive. Just head west on County Road B from Land O' Lakes. 'Bout half way between Watersmeet and Conover. Remember Big Foot Charlie's? Might have been before your time. Years ago used to hunt east of L'anse. Leased a section from Ford up past Skanee.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
Originally Posted by bigolddave
Thanks, sounds feasible. Camp is four miles east of Watersmeet, so not a lot farther.

K.O. Roses great bar down the way from Watersmeet. grin
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
Steve'r/Bruce, how many tables will the building hold? I'll take two.

Rick
I Believe there's Enough Room for 45-60 Tables
Got Ya Down For 2.
Steve
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
Put me down for two as well smile
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
...Ralph will take 3 and Josh will take 2.
...Ralph will take 3 and Josh will take 2.

Got it already.Tnx.
Got you down for 2
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 04/24/12
I'll take 2.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I'll take 2.

Don't Know If I should answer that one! grin grin

Got Ya Down Rory. For 2
Tnx
Steve
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 04/25/12
For our annual gun show we set up 54 six foot tables, but this also allows for a lot of foot traffic that flows (hopefully) through. There used to be 4 to 6 eight foot tables in building, the rest being 6 foot tables. Anyway, we can come up with a lot of tables! Don't hold back on number of guns you bring!!!
Bruce
Posted By: bigolddave Re: Savage Fest... - 04/25/12
Put me down for one table, dragging Merle along again.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/07/12
Workin on shirts, backtobethel gave me a scan from a box he bought and I made these. Im open to Ideas, sugjestions, complete different directions, let me have em....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 05/07/12
Gary
Looks Great So Far.
Steve
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 05/07/12
Orderd Mine today.
Steve
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 05/07/12
I like the 3rd one the best but, overall, a little on the plain side me thinks.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/07/12
I like the 3rd one. How about adding Wisconsin or WI to the location?
I think what you have there would look great on the back of the shirt.
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Savage Fest... - 05/08/12
Steve,
I'll be there. I'll take 3 tables. Thanks for hosting.

john
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I received a couple suggestions and added them in with some color in the background for affect...

[Linked Image]

I made this one with a big scoop of irony.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I don't get the irony - but I like the product!!
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I like irony!
Posted By: billy336 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12

[Linked Image] [/quote]

This one looks killer.I'd take one of these. If its printed on the back of a XXL longsleeve white tshirt, with something cool on the front pocket
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I like the last depiction. I missed the irony as well and an explanation would be cool.

Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
Yup, I like the last one too. Most irony is lost on me, and apparently this is no exception.

Rod
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
It goes back to me taking shots at the fella who was selling the savage pocket watches on ebay. He was using the same Indian from the post card on his watches. smile

In this thread.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I like the last one also. Can the silk screener make shirts with that much detail and color change?
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 05/09/12
I received a couple suggestions and added them in with some color in the background for affect...

[Linked Image]

Now Your Talking
As said in my younger days.
REALLY, REALLY, T-T's grin

[Linked Image]

Now Your Talking
As said in my younger days.
REALLY, , T-T's Man.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/11/12
We have settled on Irony for the Back. Now its back to comments and suggestions for a badge over the Heart/pocket area of the front.

I have something like this rolling around inside my head.

Id like to find a nice clean silhouette of a 1895 to use as the crossed rifles. Im very open to others thoughts on proportions and position or other ideas.

I asked Rick about using the 24hourcampfire logo but, understandably, he doesn't like to have that involved with things that he has no control of.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 05/11/12
Nice work! Let us know when it's final.

Do their sizes still run on the smaller side? In 2010 they were a little snug compared to others.
Maybe someone is a medium anymore laugh

Just kidding Mike, Maybe others can chime in. Im in a 3xl and they fit fine, Add three poles and some rope, they make shelter for two normal size people.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/11/12
I don't think you could tell an 1895 from a 1899 as the only thing that might show would be the bottom curve of the forearm.

SVG logo is 1928-193?. I don't think of that logo with early rifles. Maybe a `30's K or 99-F.

Kind of looks like the SVG with an X through it. I like the 2nd one better with parts out past the logo.

Rifles might show better if you could break the lines where the rifles cross the SVG as where the two rifle barrels cross.

I have rifle pictures that you can work with...all on white background.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/11/12
of the four Gary, I like the first one and the last one best. I actually do like the early P/G 1899 though that front sight looks a little close to the muzzle.

Did you try replacing the "V" with two rifles?
I truly appreciate the feedback. Ill work with the suggestions and see what I can do.

Rick, Please email me photos of a K and a F, preferably with tang sights, I think it ads to the silhouette. If you have a 99T and H against a white background send that too, They have unique outlines and would fit the time.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 05/11/12
I like the first with the rifles outside the SVG. Maybe make the SVG circle a bit larger and red?
Just my 2 scents.
Posted By: 99FEVER Re: Savage Fest... - 05/13/12
You guys are killing me. Not only have you booked this event in one of the most remote places on earth, but you selected the weekend of my 3rd wedding anniversary to boot. While I do consider this a can't miss type event, I now must consider how to present this event to my new-bride. Also, she thinks guns are scary things. Talk about "opposites attract". Omg!
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/13/12
1st Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Gifts: Paper
Modern Gifts: Clocks

2nd Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Gifts: Cotton
Modern Gifts: China

3rd Wedding Anniversary
Traditional Gifts: Leather
Modern Gifts: .22 rifle with a leather sling

Might add a road trip...to the Savage Fest. grin
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Savage Fest... - 05/14/12
Not to worry! I married one of those about 46 years ago. We worked it out. So can you. (It gets easier as they become more mature). But I probably wouldn't share that with her at this time!
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/15/12
I liked this on the front. notice the very rare left handed action smile

[Linked Image]

It looks like this on a shirt.
[Linked Image]

with this on the back...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/15/12
I dig it!! My only feed back is that on the front, I would probably just leave the 0 and 1 in the background and have all the numbers have the same spacing if it can be done...
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/15/12
That looks great!

Rod
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/15/12
I also added a cream color to the circle around the Indian. It will make the Indian stand out more on the shirts because before up load the image to Zazzle, I change all of the white in the photo to a transparency so it does not get printed with white block under it.

I can put the numbers behind the barrels but the numbers are anchored and saved. for some reason i didnt save the blank, sized banner.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
lookin' good Gary!!

I'll order as soon as I hear it's locked and final.

Thanks for your perseverance!!!
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Great job Gary!
When you are done give us a link and we'll all be styling come August.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Thanks guys. Im settled on the back. I am going to play with the front a little more. For what ive shown Ive got about two dozen I havnt shown. This was one idea that I may still play with. Kind of a coat of arms for the front.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: billy336 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Looks great, be kinda cool to have that as a magnet to slap on the front of the safe
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
How 'bout trying it with the year under the SVG so its not covered by the crossed rifles? Yeah, I know. But you know, where there's art there's a critic. wink
Ill give it a shot George. Ive laid off the Rum so I need all the creative suggestions I can get wink
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
I'll be there. Stever, put me in for a couple tables, close to Calhoun if possible. I figure my Savages will look better if they are close to his!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Originally Posted by docost99
I'll be there. Stever, put me in for a couple tables, close to Calhoun if possible. I figure my Savages will look better if they are close to his!

grin grin grin Laughfin.

Rory,has a Nice Group of Savage's,,He had some dandy's in OHIO with him.

Got Ya Down.
Steve
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Originally Posted by docost99

hahahaha... you better watch it, Rory has been turning into a bit of a collector of nice rifles lately!!
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/16/12
Well, a collection, I have. Collectors, not so much! But one or two of mine will get along nicely with some of his of lesser condition. I have nothing to compare to the engraved.
What do you think of this. George, I tried date on the bottom bit it left the top very open and looked unbalanced to my eye (fwtw) Keep in mind this will be smaller on the shirt than it is here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 05/17/12
I'd be good with that as well.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 05/17/12
Well this link is to the 2012 Shirts. It may take up to 24 hours for them to appear in the store. http://www.zazzle.com/grogel*
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/17/12
Looks good, Gary. Thanks!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 05/21/12
Looks Great Gary
Got mine on order.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/30/12
50% off shirts today... use code...

DADSCASENTEE
Posted By: savage24 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/31/12
Thanks Drew! I ordered two shirts today and used that code.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 05/31/12
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I ordered one too.

Rod
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 06/06/12
Everyone,
Steve wanted folks to know that he received 2 Savage rifles for door prizes at the Fest! More to follw, I'm sure.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 06/06/12
I assume you mean brand new rifles from Savage???
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 06/06/12
I assumed they were high conditioned vintage engraved rifles smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 06/15/12
I assumed they were high conditioned vintage engraved rifles smile

grin grin grin To Funny.

ONLY 6 Weeks Left until it Starts.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 06/22/12
50% off mugs today....

Tonight's Special! All mugs 50% off! Use Code: ZDRINKWAREHR

www.zazzle.com

Search for Savage and when you see something made my Grogel, click his name and you will see all the cool stuff he has put together.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 06/22/12
Any thoughts on doing up a cap?? Seems the last look at them was pretty pricey though??

Just askin' - ain't my cup a tea.

Maybe just oughta buy a Campfire hat :-)

C ya there!
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 06/24/12
Only 5 Weeks Left Fellas
See Ya All there.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 06/29/12
Fella's Only about 4 weeks left
Please If You would Rick Know How Many of You are attending. I will be Up In Mecer From June 30th until the July 5th,Then CANADA July 6th untlil the 14th, Hopefully I'll see Joe -Maddog work on the Hiway! grin

Saturday Aug 4th Lunch (11:30) We are Having a Walleye Fish Fry with all the fixin's

Tnx
Again
Steve
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 06/30/12
Anyone who will attend the 2012 Savage Fest. I need you to do the following soon as possible:

PM Rick99 with the following information.

1 Your name and the name you use on the Forum,

2 Are you bringing anyone with you, their name(s), relationship (wife, brother, friend...)

3 When you will arive, when you will leave.

4 Will you, your group, eat with use Friday evening?, Saturday noon, Saturday night?

5 Number of tables you want (no charge)"

6 A cell phone number in case we need to contact you at the last minute with changes.

I will make a badge for everyone attending. This will allow use to know who is in the building at all times."

Please answer all of the questions in the above order. It will save a lot of extra work. Thanks guys smile
Posted By: AzRick Re: Savage Fest... - 07/01/12
Did anyone here know Dave Miller, I don't know what handle he used but he was an avid 99 colector and a big fan of 24 hour campfire.
He passed away about two weeks ago. I know he had friends here and I wanted to try to let someone know.
I would also like any help getting fare prices for his guns, I know nothing about 99s, and he told his wife that I would take care of it for her.

My e-mail address is [email protected]
cell phone 928-530-6145
Thank you much for any help
AzRick

Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/02/12
AzRick, thanks for letting us know. People come and go from the site all the time but you seldom know why. Dave Miller went by Dave09 on the forum. Most of his posts were on the Hunter's Campfire Forum. I'm glad to hear that he enjoyed our site but sorry to hear of his passing.

If you can take some good photos and e-mail them to me or post here on the Forum we can identify them for you and give you an idea as to their value.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/02/12
I was hoping to make it, but fatherhood duties are going to keep me close to home in August. I've got a teenage son who is giving me a hard time this summer. Nothing serious, just normal 17 year old male BS, but I need to stay on top of it.

I'll have to be content to watch this year's Fest from my laptop and catch you guys next year.

Rod
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/02/12
Rod,

Hate to see you not make it, why not drag him along??

I'm still not sure of my status... I am going to try and make it but won't know for another week or two at the earliest. Flights might be tough also b/c the Oshkosh Airshow is the same weekend and will effect flights into about all WI airports.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 07/02/12
Sorry to hear that Rod! Gotta agree with Drew - bring him along.

Drew, I know you have a lot going on but I was counting on finally meeting face-to-face. You could always drive up?
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/02/12
I will be living in SEA by then and its a LONG drive from SEA... ask George! No way I can get that many days off work after just starting a new job and the deal that I had to work with my own wedding, etc. I will try to fly if I can find flights... for a reasonable cost.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 07/03/12
Booked round trip to MSP for $330 and rental car from there. Milwaukee is cheaper and rental cars there are cheaper but longer drive. Having family and friends in WI also cuts down the cost as I'll be there early and do some visiting before the Fest. I'll be driving in Oct and Nov but just couldn't face three round trips driving. Both car and me are getting old. frown
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 07/03/12
Well that's dam good to hear George! I'm flying into MSP as well. I'll be sponging off the relatives coming and going to Wisconsin. Can't believe we get to meet after all the years!!
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/03/12
George, mind sending me your flight data? I could probably swing $330 round trip! Need to leave on Friday though and probably back in SEA on Sunday.

Cheers
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 07/03/12
Can't believe we get to meet after all the years!!

Well, be ready for a disappointment. I'm only a legend in my own mind. grin Looking forward to a face to face with you also. Oh, and if I end up doing checked baggage I may just bring Lightfoot mount 001 with me. grin I've been led to believe that I've got the first one after the prototype. wink

Drew,

I'll PM you the flight data. Actually it sucks as I get to MSP way too late in the evening and have to leave way too early in the morning. Biggest problem will be trying to drop off the rental car around 4:00 AM. Other than that "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger." grin wink
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/12/12
Well only 3 weeks Left.
See ya all there.

George I'll have a IRISH-Mill waiting for ya Thursday Night, grin
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 07/12/12
I'll be in Tomahawk Thursday. Give me a call when you get close and we can have a burger at the Bridge and then we can convoy. That is, if my pieceofshit rental car can keep up with you. wink grin Gotta go the economy route. Man, rentals are expensive in Minn! Gonna end up with a car so small I'm gonna need one for each foot! mad
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/15/12
JOHN and Dave Allen are Coming "Eastfork" They are the 2 brothers that came to the Mercer Fest.
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/18/12
Do we have a preliminary head count?
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/18/12
Approx 28 Members and non member's
and maybe 14-26 more coming to learn.
Steve
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/23/12
Only 11 days left Fellas until SAVAGE FEST August3rd,4th,& 5th
Manitowish Waters Community Center,
4 Airport Road & Hwy. 51
Manitowish Waters,Wisc.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/26/12
OK, I'm back in. Things have settled down with my son, and I'm going to try to make the Fest. I plan to be there Saturday morning.

I'd like at least one table--maybe two--if any remain.

Looking forward to it!

Rod
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 07/26/12
That's great news Rod! Looking forward to meeting you smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/26/12
Rod I'll set 2 aside for ya.
Steve
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 07/26/12
Hot off the press: Bluegrass Festival's schedule. This will be across road from the Fest. For more info and complete schedule, www.onemorebluegrassshow.com or 715-543-2166.
What I got from newspaper: start 6PM Thursday Aug 2 and ends Sunday at 1 PM "after 3 hours of gospel". Thur 6pm spaghetti dinner & music. Chris Thompson and Coral Creek.
Friday starts at 11am, Kiley Ellingson & Ian Kimmel; Dick Kimmel (mandolin workshop)
Saturday starts at 11am, K.E. & I.K.; Adam Granger (Prairie Home Companion show) and Dick Kimmel.
They usually have bunch of smaller bands and play well into the wee hours.

Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 07/26/12
Do they allow distilled spirits in the audience? grin
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/27/12
1 week to go,Fellas
Steve
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest... - 07/27/12
See ya Thursday! Give me a call and I'll pick up your tailgate in Tomahawk. It could be quite the convoy to Mercer! grin Do you prefer Scotch or Bourbon? Big cigars, motor cars and Savage 99s. grin
Posted By: LRF Re: Savage Fest... - 07/28/12
Steve,
In another thread Rick99 reminded me of the "Fest".
It's only a 3 & 1/2 hrs drive to the gala.
Don't want to be a pain but can you send me a PM with the details, please. I think I will drive over for a day or so. I am sure that this thread has all the details and I will try to find them but your PM would be appreciated.
I no longer own any savages other then one pistol but if interested maybe I could bring one or two of my hand made rifles. I don't want to crash the mission however.
Thanks
Lynn
Posted By: boltman Re: Savage Fest... - 07/28/12
Lynn -

I'll have some Savages mixed in with several off-topic rifles I'll be bring wink
By the way, it would be really cool to see those rifles you've built smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/28/12
Originally Posted by LRF
Steve,
In another thread Rick99 reminded me of the "Fest".
It's only a 3 & 1/2 hrs drive to the gala.
Don't want to be a pain but can you send me a PM with the details, please. I think I will drive over for a day or so. I am sure that this thread has all the details and I will try to find them but your PM would be appreciated.
I no longer own any savages other then one pistol but if interested maybe I could bring one or two of my hand made rifles. I don't want to crash the mission however.
Thanks
Lynn

Lynn
P.M. Sent
steve
By the way, it would be really cool to see those rifles you've built smile

Plus 1 on that.
Steve
Lynn -

I'll have some Savages mixed in with several off-topic rifles I'll be bring wink

I was going to Bring Some Custom Built Mausers,Sauers,and F.N's and Leave the rest Home. eek grin

But I Opted for Some Custom Savage's
Sreve
Forecast looks perfect - next Friday, partly cloudy and 76 degrees smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/30/12
Forecast looks perfect - next Friday, partly cloudy and 76 degrees smile

I ready Now,,This Damm heat here plus drought. eek

But only 4 more Day's. grin
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Savage Fest... - 07/31/12
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to back out again. Same issues as before; I just feel the need to hang close to home because of issues with my son.

Next year will be better for me, I feel certain. I was really looking forward to this, but I'll just have to experience this year's Fest through pictures.

Enjoy yourselves fellas, and I'll see you next year.

Rod
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 07/31/12
Originally Posted by Phil99
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to back out again. Same issues as before; I just feel the need to hang close to home because of issues with my son.

Next year will be better for me, I feel certain. I was really looking forward to this, but I'll just have to experience this year's Fest through pictures.

Enjoy yourselves fellas, and I'll see you next year.

Rod

Rod
I Understand.
Still Have some with My Guy.
If You Change your Mind, And Want to Take a drive Up and Over with Him
The Door is Open, Even For a the Day.
Steve[b]
[/b]
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 07/31/12
Rod, You will be missed.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/02/12
On the road in less than 3 Hours
See You all On Friday.

Hooking up with George,Josh-JP1 and Ralph tonight.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage Fest... - 08/02/12
I'm at my Sister's in McGregor. Headed for Duluth and east in the morning.

Take care!
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Savage Fest... - 08/03/12
Travel well all!
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/03/12
Your event sounds like a lot of fun.
I started my Savage collection a few months ago so I'm interested to see what you all have for display / sale?
I hope I can make it up Saturday... If not... is there anything Sunday?
Thanks!
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest... - 08/04/12
Sunday is usually only a handfull of folks who head out to a local shooting rnge. Most displays are taken down. Many folks leave Saturday evening. Don't drive a long ways JUST for Sunday, in my opinion. The room is FULL of Savages right now!!!
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/04/12
Thanks Bruce!
My fault, I knew about this for a couple of weeks but had previous commitments (none as much fun as lookin' talking and shooting rifles with true aficianados) even a little fishing? and Bluegrass... not even mentioning the bear brats, venison and walleye!!!
I don't mind the 7 hour drive up - but the 7 hours back is a killer.
Story of my life frown
Next time (fingers crossed)
Have a great day and enjoy the rest of Savage-Fest!
Posted By: brickman Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/12
I noticed a few guns with tags that said "not for sale". I was under the impression this was more of a "show and tell", not a "show and sell". There were a couple get togethers in New York a few years back IIRC that were represented pictorally as more of a "FEST". There was also mention of the Savage historian being there for a Q&A segment. Anything like that here?
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest... - 08/05/12
It was and is primarily a "show and tell". That doesn't mean that an item or two didn't change hands. smile
There were several members there that had a TON of information in their brains. One only needed to be there. They were more than willing to answer a rookie's questions. And the evenings were extremely fun, too!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/12
Originally Posted by brickman
I noticed a few guns with tags that said "not for sale". I was under the impression this was more of a "show and tell", not a "show and sell". There were a couple get togethers in New York a few years back IIRC that were represented pictorally as more of a "FEST". There was also mention of the Savage historian being there for a Q&A segment. Anything like that here?

Some of the guys displaying brought their entire display that they use at gun shows. Includes signs..

I don't think anybody mentioned Callahan showing up. Super nice guy, but it was a very long way from his home.

And I'm sorry it wasn't "Fest"ive enough for you. Gonna lose a lot of sleep over that.
Posted By: brickman Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/12
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by brickman

Some of the guys displaying brought their entire display that they use at gun shows. Includes signs..

I don't think anybody mentioned Callahan showing up. Super nice guy, but it was a very long way from his home.

And I'm sorry it wasn't "Fest"ive enough for you. Gonna lose a lot of sleep over that.

Nighty night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin smile smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Savage Fest... - 08/06/12
Want to Thank all that attended,
Also a GREAT BIG THANK_YOU FOR ALL THE HELP!
It was a Super turn out
We had Memebers and non Member from the West Coast,Midwest, Down South, and East Coast.
Again I can not say enough about the folks whom attended, as well as all the members on the 24 Hour here, always great bunch with Knowledge, and Spirit.
You guys Really Know how to Host a Fest. grin Thanks for having Me. grin
Steve
© 24hourcampfire