Home
Anyone know the particulars of when, and what type of pistol grip cap medallions where used on 99's. I have a C and several CD's with gold medallions, as well as a CD with a medallion in the butt stock. Murrays book lists 1976 as in the butt stock and changed to pistol grip cap medallion in 1977. Did any have silver medallions? My father has two with wood grip caps and no medallion. These are all on Monte Carlo stocks.
Look at the top of the page for the flashing icon and click on "my stuff" to get my private message regarding this topic. These guys can help, Calhoun helped me on my C's. Welcome to the forum.

Roy
Posted By: TomA Re: 99 pistol grip cap medallions - 12/21/11
In 1976 the 99 CD has the gold Savage signature medallion in the butt stock. In 1977,78,79 the gold medallion was moved to the pistol grip on the CD model. In 1980 both the CD and the C model had the gold medallion in the pistol grip. Tom
Ever seen a silver medalion, I bid on a couple and won them. One of my Fathers is missing the medallion, and we want the correct replacement.
Thanks for the info Tom. Bryan
Might have to buy the orange to go with that medallion...

Be patient, there should be a picture sometime tomorrow. grin
Posted By: TomA Re: 99 pistol grip cap medallions - 12/21/11
Gold Medallions were used on some 1976, 77 and 78 Savage 110,111 series bolt action rifle pistol grip caps and later some 340's. I'v seen the silver medallions on Ebay but don't recall seeing any on 99's. Tom
FOUND IT!!

Yes, now I can go to bed. Been hunting hours for it. Well.. minutes maybe.

Drumroll please....

[Linked Image]
Well I own two now. I just need a gold one. Thanks for the respones and picture, orange looks good how much?
Thanks guys going to bed. Later ehh Bry
Hey, thats my one of a kind "Savage orange", probably sell it on Ebay for well over $200 nowadays. I still got my Savage screwdriver and Savage vapo-rub here to.
What with the current style of piercings and implants, I'm surprised none of you guys hasn't implanted one of those in your ear lobe! grin crazy
Ya right !!!!! crazy crazy, i guess i ain't to into that crap !! altho i know a couple guys with savage indian tatoos. grin
I'm thinking a medallion in one ear lobe, and a .22HP rim in the other. Maybe a .303 rim embedded in my forehead like a high caste Indian of old.
...it's always the big, burly ones that'll fool ya...envision two pierced nipples on a mountain man's freshly shorn chest...complete nipple-La-La....on second thought, don't envision that...it sours the stomach and causes nightmare-ish flashbacks! grin grin
Originally Posted by fatjack34
...it's always the big, burly ones that'll fool ya...envision two pierced nipples on a mountain man's freshly shorn chest...complete nipple-La-La....on second thought, don't envision that...it sours the stomach and causes nightmare-ish flashbacks! grin grin

Ask and you shall receive!!!

[Linked Image]
This place is sick.
Please tell me that's not Fatjack!!
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Please tell me that's not Fatjack!!

laugh laugh laugh
Good Lord! I just spit up...emptied the contents of my soured paunch!
FatJack,
Were they following you at that last hemp festival? grin
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by diamondjim
[Linked Image]

You have nothing but class................She must have a terrible chest cold. Her lungs are all swollen!!!!!!!!!!!
She could poke an eye out with those things.......I guess better with these than a Red Ryder. whistle

Just sayin....
If I'm to lose my eyesight I'd want it to be to an erect nipple! Nice canadian girl if you like over stuffed peta pushers.
© 24hourcampfire