Home
Posted By: crowmagnum phone# for ken bean - 02/02/12
Can somebody give me his number?

TIA
Al
Posted By: like2shoot Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/02/12
From RAS, July 2006...

I thought I would pass on his info to all of you who may need a hard to find sight. His name is Mr. Bean. His company's name is "Sights and Antique Guns." He is located in York, PA and ships. (717) 755-9070. Maybe some of you can note this for future reference. I remember that he had tons of tang sights. Many other models for different firearms as well. They call him the "Sight Man". Nice man and very helpful to work with. His motto is that if he doesn't have it, he can almost always find it for you. Prices seemed to be reasonable based on the many people who were commenting around his table. He also stated that he often has Stith(sp?) mounts.
Posted By: mad_dog Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/02/12
Didn't someone just say last week that he's running mighty low in the sight dept?
Posted By: RAS Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/03/12
I know somebody that just sold him a TON of sights. What exactly, I dont know but it was a chit load so you better check again on his inventory.

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/03/12
I'll see him next month at the Baltimore Show, if anybody needs personal service. (Hint, hint Jeff!)

Ken usually is at the Penna. Gun Collectors shows in Tarentum, Pa. I talked to him at the November show a little and he seemed to have a good bit of stuff. He even had a 99 Model C (with the half octagon barrel) in 30-30. That's what I was talking to him about.
Didn't see him at the January show..

He's a great guy to talk to and deal with....I've bought quite a few sights, stiths, etc. from Ken over the years...
Posted By: 99guy Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/03/12
I just saw him a couple of weeks ago at the Lebanon, Pa show. Bought a minty 30 1/2 from him at a very reasonable price. Gave me 3 apertures for the sight.

Told me he had several more 29 1/2's and 30 1/2's along with some 1A's, 2A's and Marbles sights for 99's that he hadn't even brought along.

You will just never meet a nicer guy that Ken. The guy will just bend over backwards and stand on his head for you. His wife is a really nice lady as well.

Originally Posted by 99guy
You will just never meet a nicer guy that Ken. The guy will just bend over backwards and stand on his head for you. His wife is a really nice lady as well.

+1
Gary,

Lets hit the show. Should be fun looking at stuff that we cant afford. Pm me when the time gets closer and we can work out the details.

RAS
Also....

Ken will probably be at Chantilly next week and I will be there on Fri or Sat. If you want for me to look at anything, let me know.

Jeff
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/03/12
I used to live close to Ken when he was just starting out. I remember him wondering if it was possible to deal in vintage sights and make a go of it.
Posted By: Dons1 Re: phone# for ken bean - 02/03/12
Jeff, You beat me to the offer of helping someone find a sight item that Ken may have at the Chantilly Show. Hope he's there. My brother and I have a table there - not too far from where Ken usually sets up. Stop by if you get a chance. I'll PM my cell number.
© 24hourcampfire