Home
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
Anyone seen one of these before?
Just completed ebay auction that i didnt win smile
Posted By: mad_dog Re: savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
I was kinda hoping nobody from here was bidding on those.

Did you not look at the rest of his watches Gary?

Did you notice they were all the same make? Pretty sure this guy just adds the background to the same watches. They're not factory offered and never were.

I was actually gonna add that watch to the Ebay fraud thread Mike had going.

Glad to see you never got burned with it. I guess as something to hang on the wall of the gun room it would look pretty good but not at that price for a fake. Can't even really call it a reproduction cause they were never made.
Posted By: TomA Re: savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
Nice collector piece. Looks like is says Savage Twentieth Century?
Tom, wanna buy a screwdriver?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
I did look at his other watches for the same thing and thought they looked like different watches. I was honestly on the fence as to it being real or fake. Your orange was in my head even as I placed a bid on it.

The Indian is the same that is found on the old post card. Thinking of things like desk sets and ashtrays I thought it was possible that it was genuine.

Im sure that I could find a watch company on the internet who will customize a face. If I sat down and doctored the graphics from a old post card I could probably have one just like it on order by the end of the day.
Posted By: TomA Re: savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
I've already got that one. I need the left handed version to complete my set. Tom
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Your orange was in my head even as I placed a bid on it.

I got right excited when I first saw it, then as I looked at it and the other watches he's selling I immediately thought of my orange to, your not the only one.

I almost bid on it myself, not because I thought it was genuine but because I thought it would look cool on the end of a Savage watch fob. I'm sure if you contacted the seller he'd make another one to put on Ebay.
Posted By: johno Re: savage pocket watch - 02/07/12
notice the minute hand is in the same position on 3 of the watches?Johno
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: savage pocket watch - 02/08/12
kinda neat...
Posted By: sunvalleyguy Re: savage pocket watch - 02/13/12
tt
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
Amazing! He found another one!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OLD-AM...s_Accessories_ET&hash=item3a72668bff grin
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
That IS amazing. The SI is the same one that's on my coffee mug that I vagly remember buying from someone............ grin grin
That was Me!!! I never claimed the mugs where vintage or rare. This guy gets me because I was a bidder on the first one, and thinking I had found something rare. Its always worse if your the sucker smile
I KNOW is was you azmoe!!!!!!!!! Just slippin ya a dig. At least you got outbid. grin grin grin I still thing an orange would sell. grin
I Know You know I know you know! smile dig taken with pride!! If I had won Then Id be mad as hell and he would be the biggest jackazz in the world for ripping people off and Id want to go to war with England over it. grin

I will point out that your mug is one of only 13 ever made, quite rare.

But of course, anyone could just click here and buy one. whistle whistle

grumble grumble stupid watch guy grumble cuttin in on my gig grumble grumble grumble.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
If it makes you feel any better Gary, I have 3 of your mugs and a t-shirt (if you don't tell the rest of the guys here, one of the mugs is a Lefever mug)

Zazzle screwed up the shirt and put the image just about on the shoulder... I called, got a real human being, they sent me an email and had me send a picture wearing the shirt... 3 or 4 days later I had a brand new shirt in the mail and an apology email with a discount on my next purchase.
Have you thought of designing one up for the 1920? smile
from the auction..." LISTED IS A LOVELY AND VERY RARE OLD CHROME AMERICAN MADE POCKET WATCH WITH A SAVAGE ARMS ADVERTISING DIAL.."

I guess he is only claiming that the watch is lovley, very rare, old and chrome smile

http://www.zazzle.com/grogel

The fourth page of the store has a model 20 link but if you had a better image of one I could make it for you. On page five is a ornament made for Docost of his sons first deer hunt with a modified ad for the rifle he used on the back.

full disclosure, I do make about a 1.10 on each mug sold, its the minimum they will allow.

Posted By: saddlering Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
If your talking about a mug hes had one for a year or better! I have 6 of your mugs! grin
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
I wonder if he has one w/ Justin Beiber on it? Oughta sell to whole new market.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
I like the post card mug. You can personalize it with a name. Works nice for a gift.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
Some of these watches are bring good money...

http://www.ebay.com/csc/step-in-tim...=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1
from the auction..." LISTED IS A LOVELY AND VERY RARE OLD CHROME AMERICAN MADE POCKET WATCH WITH A SAVAGE ARMS ADVERTISING DIAL.."

I guess he is only claiming that the watch is lovley, very rare, old and chrome smile

The fourth page of the store has a model 20 link but if you had a better image of one I could make it for you. On page five is a ornament made for Docost of his sons first deer hunt with a modified ad for the rifle he used on the back.

full disclosure, I do make about a 1.10 on each mug sold, its the minimum they will allow.

Gary, Could you work with this?

[Linked Image]

Posted By: mad_dog Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
Originally Posted by Rick99
Some of these watches are bring good money...

Theres one born every minute Rick.

One of these days I'd like to try my orange on Ebay but customs would confiscate it right away, can't send fruit across the border, even if it was made by Savage.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Gary, Could you work with this?

[Linked Image]

http://www.zazzle.com/lbks_1920_mug-168845814840134316?rf=238292522341535486

smile
Posted By: mad_dog Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
Here's a perfect coffee mug pic.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1899sav Re: savage pocket watch - 03/27/12
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Here's a perfect coffee mug pic.

[Linked Image]

I have one of those Joe.