Home
Posted By: Shipster Savage 99 parts help - 11/14/12
Hello gentlemen, I have a few questions to ask of you 99 collectors. First I am looking for some parts, (a lot of parts) what I have come across is a 99 octagon barreled striped action the serial # is 44,XXX in really good shape in 303 Savage. The bluing is worn but the bore is beautiful no rust that I can find. Is it worth restoring if so where can I find parts?

Thanks, Shipster
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage 99 parts help - 11/14/12
If you don't have the bolt I wouldn't even try.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Savage 99 parts help - 11/14/12
Originally Posted by Shipster
Hello gentlemen, I have a few questions to ask of you 99 collectors. First I am looking for some parts, (a lot of parts) what I have come across is a 99 octagon barreled striped action the serial # is 44,XXX in really good shape in 303 Savage. The bluing is worn but the bore is beautiful no rust that I can find. Is it worth restoring if so where can I find parts?

Thanks, Shipster

Not really.

To restore your stripped barreled action you will need to buy a similar rifle fully intact and move all the parts to the stripped barreled action. That sound worthwhile?
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Savage 99 parts help - 11/14/12
Make a lamp out of it , the parts you would need to make a lamp can be had for cheap at Home Depot.

Then go buy a working 99

Mike
Posted By: norm99 Re: Savage 99 parts help - 11/16/12
Originally Posted by Shipster

Thanks, Shipster

i have most of the parts PM me with your needs ,,go to MY Stuff at top of page.

norm
© 24hourcampfire