Home
Picked these up all within the last week at a local gunshop about 30 miles from home. He still has 2 pre-mil F's. One in .300 Sav and one in .308 Win. Both in very very nice shape. The only downside to the .300 is someone took a small center punch and put a half dozen "kill" dimples on one of the side panels.

Go ahead and tear these apart. I ain't listening. I put the piece of suede on the ring to prevent any further "rubbing".

[Linked Image]
Nice looking rifles Steve. What calibers?

Rod
1 of each .303, .300, and 30-30.
LBK...
Nice Trifecta!!!One stop shopping at that! Congrats on a nice find!
3stars
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Picked these up all within the last week at a local gunshop about 30 miles from home. He still has 2 pre-mil F's. One in .300 Sav and one in .308 Win. Both in very very nice shape. The onlt downside to the .300 is someone took a small center punch and put a half dozen "kill" dimples on one of the side panels.

Go ahead and tear these apart. I ain't listening. I put the piece of suede on the ring to prevent any further "rubbing".

[Linked Image]

COngrats Stephen
All Look to be Very Nice.
Really Like the 300 F and 30-30 B.B.
Enjoy.
Steve
Is that an F or a R in the middle?
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Is that an F or a R in the middle?

Pre-war RS............
they all look good to me nice grab. wishlist for me is a B.B.
Really nice LBK! Those BB have been showin up a bit lately. Not down here of course frown
Originally Posted by 99tguy

YOU sir, are driving me nutz. Admittedly it isn't a long distance trip, but don't you have a flashing envelope?????? grin grin grin

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327484690

smile
Steve, very nice rifles! How early is that SRC, I see it doesn't have a perchbelly.

Does that RS have a takedown barrel on it? grin

I'm sure Drew will be asking for details on the RS, and Rick on the H.
Originally Posted by boltman

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327484690

smile

..LBK is the only one who would hunt with that beauty.
Boltman i look at it 10times a day make it 11. nice gun.
I am happy all of you can see whatever it is your looking at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really wasn't planning on approaching any of 'em with screwdriver in hand. grin grin
Just finding a SRC, a BB and an RS in the same room would be a coup, let alone bagging all three. Great find LBK!
Originally Posted by olgrouser
Just finding a SRC, a BB and an RS in the same room would be a coup, let alone bagging all three. Great find LBK!

I was thinking the same thing, Its like a Savage collectors starter kit. smile
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Originally Posted by olgrouser

I was thinking the same thing, Its like a Savage collectors starter kit. smile

Or a FINISHER's kit. My wife is thinking I need treatment............. grin grin Unfortunately for some, they turn to drugs or alcohol for a high. Savages do it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Three at time is awesome.....but five at a time would have been FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!! grin

Guess the only treatment you need is to go back and get those other two...... whistle
Man, I could sure use a fix like that! It's been a long dry spell for me.
I probably would have broken my arm goin for my wallet if I saw three guns like that around these parts. That pre war RS really does it for me!Congrats.
i think they all been sanded once!!!!!! at the factory grin grin grin
NICE LBK! Your amassing one hell of a nice 99 collection! Thanks for sharing!
-TomT
99RS #386XXX not a T/D barrel

99RS #409XXX DOES have a T/D barrel
Originally Posted by TomT
-TomT

Working on it Tom. A gun or two at a time. If Obama knew I was using HIS money to buy MY guns he migh just croak!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin He keeps giving me a raise. Do ya think he knows it. grin grin
LBK,
In hockey terms nice hat trick there buddy,

Padre.

Prooves He DOES work in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
LBK, You are lucky there in NH. Here in NY ole Uncle Andy might consider that take down as one of them there assssault weapons he's talkin about. Nice looking guns there. The shop down the road from me has a nice SRC on the shelf in 303. Congrats on a nice trio!!
99RS #386XXX not a T/D barrel

99RS #409XXX DOES have a T/D barrel

which one is the one above if you don't mind saying.
never mind, i have the 409xxx rifle in my notes already.

LBK,

You know God works in Threes, Three days was Jonah in the Belly of the Whale God reveals himself in Three Father, Son and Holy Ghost, we areh body, soul and spirit. Whose to say he can
t work in mysterious ways here at the 24 hour campfire lol =]
Padre =]

Prooves He DOES work in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Originally Posted by TomT
-TomT

Working on it Tom. A gun or two at a time. If Obama knew I was using HIS money to buy MY guns he migh just croak!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin He keeps giving me a raise. Do ya think he knows it. grin grin

Since when is it Obama's money? smile
Im thinking about the time he decleared his self KING!

P.S. thats my nice way of saying it! whistle
I,d hunt with any of them if I could only still see the sights. Maybe even dunk one ib the Platt for you LBK.
One at a time is good enough for me grin [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
I,d hunt with any of them if I could only still see the sights. Maybe even dunk one ib the Platt for you LBK.

I can NOT begin to tell you what a happy guy you just made me. I never thought I'd live long enough to actually see you on the campfire. Please don't be a stranger. You are truly one of the good guys and your knowledge will be welcome. I might LET you dunk one in the Platte...............
© 24hourcampfire