Home
I had to update the insurance, and had the rifles out. My humble table full;
(not in order)300 99EG, 1899-30-30 TD(x2), 1899-30-30, 1899-250-300, 1899 25-35, 1899-303, and a 22hp TD.
One of these days I'll be able to afford a nice one. Until then i have fun shooting these.

[Linked Image]
Ain't nothing wrong with those, they'd look fine at a Fest.

Is that fancy wood on the stock that's 2nd from the right?
I'd be proud to own any of them!
looks like a pretty nice collection to me......that eg on the right looks to be in all original, very nice condition.
The EG is the nicest looking of the bunch, with a 644xxx serial. The 303 with the "fancy wood" serial numbers at 463xx, next oldest is a 30-30 at 118xxx. The other 1899 30-30 is the newest 1899 at serial number 262xxx.

Nice group of Savages! Thanks for sharing the pic. -TomT
Originally Posted by k7grc
(not in order)300 99EG, 1899-30-30 TD(x2), 1899-30-30, 1899-250-300, 1899 25-35, 1899-303, and a 22hp TD.
One of these days I'll be able to afford a nice one. Until then i have fun shooting these.

[Linked Image]

It is way BEYOND me why you would be so "not so proud" of those guns. If you want, I can make room for them at my house............. smile smile
Very nice! No wonder I can't find a 99 in .30-30, you have 3 of them! LOL.
Originally Posted by 260SS
Very nice! No wonder I can't find a 99 in .30-30, you have 3 of them! LOL.

Sad part is I had to pass on a barrel band 30-30 at the last gun show I went to. It was priced right, but I had just bought the 22HP and didn't have the cash on hand.
Sweet! Not a swivel stud to be seen
That is a nice looking collection.

Something about a well used well cared for gun that peaks my interest.

Honestly....they are much more interesting to me that the minty guns that have no stories to tell

That is just me.
That's why I keep a line of cash credit on a card for just those moments! wink
Guns that show honest use have a character that safe queens just can't show. I have an 1899 H 30-30 that was well used by a previous owner and the outside shows the years of hunting in foul weather.
The inside and bore are still near perfect.
When I pull one out to hold it is the one that comes out most often.
You have a really nice collection!
BillR
Originally Posted by k7grc

[Linked Image]

Some Nice Guns
I'd be proud to own any one of them.
And as Far as Fest Quality,,they do just fine.
Steve
Great Bunch of Rifles! Fest Quallity no doubt! Just think of all the Hunting History Right there. I would rather see those than a safe Queen any day.
Thanks

jeff
I always like seeing pictures of you guys' collections. That's a nice batch of Savages you have there. I hope to see them at the next Fest.

Rod
Safe queens are BORING! Those rifles are just right and really pique my interest. Got any stories with them? Must include pictures or it never happened. smile
The buttstock on the third one from the left is interesting to me. Wish I had one like it. What's the story behind that, guys ??
No flies on that table full of Savages! Nice users with honestly gained patina are every bit as endearing as minty safe queens. It's the ones that fall in between that are boring. grin
Originally Posted by 99guy
That is a nice looking collection.

Something about a well used well cared for gun that peaks my interest.

Honestly....they are much more interesting to me that the minty guns that have no stories to tell

That is just me.

That is me as well.
Very nice assortment of models and calibers you have there. If they could only talk, the stories they would tell.
Nice collection. I would not kick any of those out of the safe. As others have said, nothing like a neat old rifle with stories it can't tell....makes ya wonder what they did and that is what is great about them.
cool In SW Missouri with that collection you would be considered the go to Savage guy. Nice group! GW
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
The buttstock on the third one from the left is interesting to me. Wish I had one like it. What's the story behind that, guys ??

Don't know when it was modified, but it has a great feel when shooting. I have big hands and the notch fits my thumb perfect.
Wish I had a stock just like it on my old 250. Would make shooting with a scope alot easier. What caliber is it? Show us a photo of the complete rifle if you get the chance. Have enjoyed looking.....thanks !!

John
© 24hourcampfire