Home
Found this and am curious if any of you ball-peen-hammer-gunsmither-types knows anything about them for their advertised purpose of improving the trigger on a 99. Sorry I can't seem to get the pictures up correctly so here's the link.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/759889/wolff-hammer-spring-savage-99-358-extra-power
FB,

I don't know anything about that particular spring but I can tell you that Wolff Springs has been around a long time here in PA and should know what they are about. I believe they are located in Spring City, PA.

I would not be surprised to learn that Brownells gets their springs from them.
I have never used Wolff springs in a rifle but I have used them extensively in S&W revolvers and others. They are high quality springs and do make a difference. In the case of handguns, they are offered in factory duplicate weight and reduced weights allowing for custom work. I see the particular spring you have furnished the link for is an extra power spring which would make for positive ignition.
Here's the confusing part, Midways ad-

"Product Information
Wolff offers replacement hammer springs for many types of guns to allow adjustment of trigger/let off to individual needs."

I just got a response to my email to Wolff-

"A little confusion here. We currently offer no springs to enhance the trigger of a 99. What we do offer is a hammer spring (firing pin spring) which helps reduce lock time and aids in solving ignition problems."

Question answered. Misled by the advertisement wording in Midway.
That was my first thought when I viewed the link. Not a trigger spring but rather a hammer spring. Trigger springs are flat springs while hammer springs are coil. Good that the mystery is solved.
© 24hourcampfire