Home
Posted By: Plab lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
OK so I'm going back here...
years ago one of my sisters, on my 16th birthday , gave me a lee loader for my 300eg. well the eg I still have and I still have the loader but somewhere some how I lost the charge table
of course I'd like to find one for it but a copy of one would be great. maybe somebody wouldn't mind taking the time to email me a copy ?? that would be great

thanks Plab
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
I assume you're talking about the powder scoop in the box. The scoop should have a number on it. Provide that and we can provide some powder charges.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
Understand too that there are two generations of Lee Loader scoops. The first generation seems to have been assigned a somewhat random number and the second generation the assigned number directly relates to metric capacity. In any event I'm probably not the only one with a set of both and as John stated if you tell us the number on the measure we can give you some data.
Posted By: Plab Re: lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
nope not the scoop but the charge table. its part of the paper work.
I do have the instructions but the charge table is the piece that has the flap with the caliber on it that hangs over the edge of the box

plab
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
Plab , I think the guys are wanting to know which scoop you have so that they can give you the proper charge table for that particular scoop.

Mike
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: lee loader charge table - 10/29/13
Or work one up with available data.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: lee loader charge table - 10/30/13
What 6mm250 said. Failing that what John said.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lee loader charge table - 10/30/13
Found this on eBay, looks like they came with a 2.8cc scoop.

[Linked Image][/img]

I've got a 300 Savage kit sitting around somewhere... but danged if I can find it.
Posted By: Plab Re: lee loader charge table - 10/30/13
ok so now I see the difference in the scoop mine is the old style #167

I reload with dies and a press now(28 different calibers) but I still have the old lee loader it was a gift..

thanks calhoun for posting a photo, mine is the earlier version

plab
P.S. still can't post photos
is there another way besides
photobucket ?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lee loader charge table - 10/30/13
Here's a picture of mine.. a blurry picture of mine. Wish I could find the sucker. Yours look like this?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Plab Re: lee loader charge table - 10/30/13
no
the box looks the same but it doesn't have the large red tool/part
?? whats that for ?? got to be a different model
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
Well, I found my Lee Loader for the 300 and it turns out I'm missing my load chart and instructions for it also. frown

The one I showed above with a blurry pic must be my 303 Savage set.

My charger for the 300 Savage is also labeled 167, which would be 0.167 cubic inches (early Lee dippers were in cubic inches while the later ones were in cubic centimeters). So 167 is just slightly smaller than a 2.8 dipper, since 0.167 cubic inches is 2.737 cubic centimeters. I think that comes out as something like 2% smaller.

My loader sounds like it's quite a bit older than yours. The red doohickey is a hand-held primer, actually it's fairly nice. Grainy pics here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skidrow Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
Give me a day or so to find it and I'll pm you some charges. I haven't got the charge table for your scoop but I've got a Lee slip scale where you line up the scoop number with a hole that shows powder charges. As to Cal's loader its a later Lee loader after Richard Lee sold his first company and before he started up Lee Precision Engineering. MRC made them IIRC. The big red tool is a primer seater.
Posted By: TomT Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
SOME of the LEE loaders are marked "IMPROVED" on the box, and they include the "red thing", and it's a cartridge specific (well, case head specific), single feed hand priming tool. I prefer it over the "mallet hit" method of priming used with most LEE loaders, but I still use a higher volume priming tool, as it's hard to use the single feed primer and NOT touch the primer. I prefer to NOT get any oils from my hand on primers by handling them.

ALSO, I have a decent collection of LEE loaders, so I'll scan a loading table or two and post here, but because of work obligations, it probably won't be until this weekend. -T
Posted By: Plab Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
yup mine has a 167 scoop also . I know I got mine forty years ago and who knows how long it may have sat on a self at a gunshop when my sister picked it up.I really have no idea how old it is.
Calhoun your's must be a deluxe set with the extra priming tool

plab
Posted By: Rups63 Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
With all of you guys having lee loaders for 300 Savage sitting around... any interest in selling one? I don't have any reloading equipment, and the 300 Savage that was my great granddad's would be all I would reload for. You can't seem to find these little kits anywhere!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
Watch eBay, they go by.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: lee loader charge table - 10/31/13
This help? [img:center][/URL][/img] [img:center][URL=http://s591.photobucket.com/user/sqweeler/media/Lee002_zps08010cfe.jpg.html][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: sqweeler Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
The powder's you'll most likely be using.Scoop #167...36grs Imr 3031...37grs Imr 4064....37.5grs Imr 4895....38.5grs Imr 4320..and 42.5grs Imr 4350
Posted By: TomT Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
Below are 2 pictures (I used my I phone, cause it's faster than scanning), the OLDER LEE Loader has the RED dipper (167), and the newer with the YELLOW dipper (2.8CC). I hope this helps.

Please forgive me if i'm stating the obvious, but only use fired brass loaded with these (neck resize only), in the gun that the brass was originally fired in, and you will still have to monitor case (brass) OAL (might need to trim).

That said, my go to handload for .300 Sav. (Whitetail round) is 40.00 gr IMR4064 under a Nosler 150GR Ballistic Tip (green), CCI LG Rifle primers.

Best of luck! -TomT

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: melchung Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
a while back I called Lee and they send me a replacement charge table. Lucky you - wish my sister gave me a lee loader...
Posted By: mathman Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
I'd need a bit bigger scoop.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
Tom, thanks for posting that!
Posted By: TomT Re: lee loader charge table - 11/01/13
No worries Rory.

Mathman, that made me laugh :-). While its NO DILLON, I recommend spending $99 on the LEE Challenger Anniversary kit (single stage). I fully admit the the parts are all plastic, but if you take the time, you can make some pretty good ammo (you'll need to buy dies). Or, get a Lyman or RCBS balance scale.
LEE Loaders are a great way to get started, but they REALLY limit the ability to work up handloads (ie: vary powder charges), and I like to full resize my brass when reloading. -TomT

PS: forgot to mention that you can find the $99 Lee challenger kit @ Natchez Shooters Supply or Midsouth Shooters Supply
© 24hourcampfire