Home
Posted By: catfish_hound LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/01/13
I'm looking for a shooter not a collector
Posted By: 303mike Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/01/13
Catfish, So, what are you looking for, anything more specific? I have Pre-War 99R in .250 that is in very nice condition that I've thought about selling. Shoot sharp, Mike
He's looking and you're thinking. Not much to go on in either scenario!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 303mike Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/01/13
LBK, True enough but I was more specific than he was. Maybe he'll get back to me. Shoot sharp, Mike
Posted By: olgrouser Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/01/13
Steve,

"He's looking and you're thinking" - your sharp Scottish rhetorical reasoning is showing again! wink
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/01/13
I'd be all over an offer of a pre-war R in 250 if I was the OP.
Posted By: norm99 Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/02/13
so would I if I had the coin

norm
Well sorry guys been working just checked my post I'm looking for a shooter I would really love to have another savage lever but am open to any bolt single shot you name it just trying to stay below $600
Posted By: Skidrow Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/04/13
just trying to stay below $600

Aren't we all. grin
Well I would give more for one if I was just gonna look at it but I plan on it laying on the ground next to dead things
Posted By: ROMAC Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/04/13
It's all about supply and demand. Good luck in your quest. I have only seen one in the last 5 years for under $600 and it looked like it was tapped with a hand drill.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/04/13
250's do bring a premium.
Good luck Catfish hound, I've been looking for a .250 for 5 or 6 years and haven't got one yet. I've had some near misses though.

On the plus side, I already have .250 dies and brass just waiting. grin
well i had one less than a year ago and could kick myself in the butt for getting rid of it i had an 1899 takedown that had had a bunch of "shadetree" gunsmithing done to it but it shot great and ahhhhhhhh i miss that gun
Posted By: docost99 Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/04/13
I bought one here on the classifieds yesterday....
Originally Posted by docost99
I bought one here on the classifieds yesterday....

Yup, I was right behind you. frown That's a nice rifle you got there, Congratulations to you.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/05/13
Yeah, that was a nice grab Brian. Should make a fine deer rifle.

Rod
has anyone heard of or actually shot the savage model 16 250 savage
Posted By: Calhoun Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/13/13
Know there's some guys over in the hunting rifles forum that have one. They seem to love them. I'd pick the model 14 myself, wood and blue all the way..
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/13/13
Originally Posted by catfish_hound

I own one. It has become my "go-to" rifle for whitetails:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i've almost bought it a sister Model 14 in blue/wood about 60 different times ...
Originally Posted by catfish_hound

I had one for a short while but traded it away on an older (1902) 1899 in .303 Savage an hour ago. It's a great rifle, accurate, nice action but I have a pair of .257 Roberts rifles even more to my taste.

I also got a 99 in .250 today; a '70's-vintage 99A straight-grip carbine. Metal looks new, wood almost as good. North of 600 bucks but not too far.....
Posted By: mad_dog Re: LOOKING FOR A 250 SAVAGE - 12/17/13
Ahha, I wondered who bought that gun if it's the same one that was on CGN last week.
Yup, Joe, and the same seller has the 22"-barreled version for sale as well; I'd have bought that one had he posted it first. Now I'm cash-poor, and he wants $800.00 unscoped.

I traded my 16 in .250 for the "Indian Tack Rifle" on CGN, if you know the one I mean. Half-octagon, .303 Savage, tacks in the stock, came with 100 rds ammo and dies. I'll post pics once I take some. 2 boxes of the ammo is vintage stuff, Dominion Cartridge Co. that I'll just keep unshot. Well, there's a third DCC box with three rounds unfired. I will shoot those. Also there are four boxes of Hornady ammo, three unfired, one box empty cases.
© 24hourcampfire