Posted By: johno Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
That will look very nice in your collection Rod LOL
Dare I say it might be good for parts if the collectors don't see it

Johno
Posted By: TomA Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Good thing is that it don't have to go in a safe to be safe. Tom
Posted By: 99guy Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Hey:

I was going to bid on that one. Now that it's posted...I'll never be able to afford it!!!

grin
Posted By: powdr Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Don't worry boys...if you don't like that one he says he has more coming! powdr
Posted By: norm99 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
bet it goes to $110.00

norm
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Those barrel bands go for big money and this one has the rare bayonet attachment! shocked
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Different rules I guess.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Ones and ones may well be looking at it with the intention to bid. grin I particularly like the military barrel band and the stock work. wink grin
Posted By: RAS Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Funny thing about rifles like that, is that it could shoot like a laser. A friend in CA has a beat up badly sporterized Mauser that shoots MOA with reg green box factory Rem ammo.
Posted By: steve99 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Completely factory, no doubt. It'll letter.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Yes guys, but hey, with that butt pad the ol' .250 will no longer hurt your shoulder....in fact, with ear protection you probably won't know it fired!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Originally Posted by johnsavage
Yes guys, but hey, with that butt pad the ol' .250 will no longer hurt your shoulder....in fact, with ear protection you probably won't know it fired!

grin cry
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
"Honey, that stock looks too long fer you...let me cut it off with this hacksaw and put you a purty pad on it!"
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
"A thing of beauty, and a joy forever."

"One man's junk is another man's treasure."

"Jeez, I knew I shouldn't have drank that jug of Old Stump Blower before customizing my rifle."

At least they used a Krag-J�rgensen front barrel band. The buyer should be able to get $20-30 for it. I really like the tasteful checkering, the butt pad not so much...
Posted By: Chappy410 Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Originally Posted by norm99
bet it goes to $110.00

norm

Somebody must like it. It's doubling in price. As stated earlier,
"One man's junk is another man's treasure." Just not mine.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Yikes - 01/18/14
Up to $242 now. Double Yikes! I would have to be a lot more inebriated than I am at this moment to spend that kind of money on it.

Some Bubba Specials have a certain charm, call it folk art or something. This one goes beyond the pale. Obviously the product of someone with a twisted (nonexistent?) sense of aesthetics!
Posted By: Youper Re: Yikes - 01/19/14
Of all the appalling features, the ugliest is the recoil pad. I hope I never see one that bad again.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Yikes - 01/19/14
What's sad is that likely took a lot of time to screw up. It isn't like he just made a mislick with a dremel tool. Somebody really worked at it, and I'm guessing they were quite proud when they finished.
Posted By: nitrosonic Re: Yikes - 01/19/14
I just puked in my mouth blechhh
Posted By: WapitiMac Re: Yikes - 01/19/14
{Rick99..."Those barrel bands go for big money and this one has the rare bayonet attachment!"}
LOL smile
Posted By: ramrod44 Re: Yikes - 01/22/14
I saw this the other day. kinda like an accident, you don't want see it but can't help and look.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Yikes - 01/22/14
$356 with 5 days to go. whistleWow!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Yikes - 01/24/14
Originally Posted by gregintenn
$356 with 5 days to go. whistleWow!

holding steady , bid now Before it's gone.

norm
Posted By: S99VG Re: Yikes - 01/24/14
Ten bidders and 21 bids. I'm surprised that not one of them has been Barnum and Bailey!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Yikes - 01/24/14
Originally Posted by S99VG
Ten bidders and 21 bids. I'm surprised that not one of them has been Barnum and Bailey!

LOLOL no but mabey Bubba and Bubbett

norm
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Yikes - 01/24/14
That's an expensive lamp post.
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Yikes - 01/24/14
Probably Jerry Fisher or perhaps out of the Biesen shop...........
Posted By: birddog65 Re: Yikes - 01/25/14
I bought a 95% cond. 99F in 308 for $350 less than 10 years ago!!!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Yikes - 01/25/14
I got my 1920's F TD in 303 for $140 at an estate sale about 3 years ago. Not too many of those left. Right place, right time. Once I get all of my ducks lined up I want to get my daughter a pre war 250. Something like that gun would have worked for the barrelled action to build a custom. I'm at the two far ends of the spectrum of what I want. Either a high end collectible or a high end custom that I can have engraved for her "Doctorate". She got her Bachelors in Biology and Masters in Occupational Therapy in 5 years. So, I have a couple years till I can call her Dr. Jenny. Anyway, I would not have gone that high on that one, Joe.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Yikes - 01/28/14
This mess closed today at $426.

Rod
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Yikes - 01/28/14
Sucker born every minute.
© 24hourcampfire