Home
Inquiring minds want to know
None that I know of

Mike
You might still find an American Classic Model 14 NIB in a 300 SAV though Savage hasn't manufactured any in several years.
Remington made a limited run of some bolt gun, probably a 700, a few years ago.
There is a NIB Rem 700 classic with a buy it now of $900 on one of the auction sites, Joe.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
None that I know of

Mike

In that case I hereby dub me, my 1928 99G and all like minded who will join me: "Guardians of the 300"
Sweet Jesus, if you boys start dressing up like a Dungeons and Dragons festival I'm going to start shooting Winchesters.
Hah!
NO, I 've been to two Savagefests and these boys aren't the type to do dress up.

That's probably more of a Winchester thing if patrons at gun shows are used as a study sample. wink
This is as close to Dungeons and Dragons as it'll get for me. I'm headed to the range with somewhat less than current production .300's and thought I'd toss in a Marlin in 45-70 as my dungeon example.

[Linked Image]
I have built up some Cabelas points

Not much I want at Cabelas is at a good price.

But they occasionally have 300 Savage ammo at about $30.00 a box with free shipping
Savage made the 14 Classic in 300 Savage, but dropped it pretty quick. I have never seen one for sale anywhere, 700 Classics shouldnt be to hard to find in 300 Savage, but you will probably find more Remington 722s in 300 Savage than 700s.
Have seen two Remington 760's chambered for 300 Savage in the last couple months....
About 4 or 5 years ago Savage made a run of Weather Warriors in 250 and 300. I have one of the 250's and 2 of the 300's. You can still get any model rifle that Savage makes in 300 through the custom shop.
Remington also made the 81 and I believe the 742 in 300, but that's off topic since the question was about current production. Winchester also made a few Model 70's in 300 but they're rare and expensive.
I think the Remington Model 8 and 81 are kinda cool and have seen several in 300 Sav quite reasonable. I was about to post a new thread about the 8-81 so I'll do it here. Are they any good? Not a 99, but something different in 300, Joe.
The title WAS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Which current production guns are chambered in 300 Savage"?

A previous poster (6mm-250) said none. You can get one from the custom shop but that still does not qualify as "production".
Yeah, sometimes we get a little Off Topic. But that's what happens when you work at night and start drinking as soon as you get home, Joe.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Yeah, sometimes we get a little Off Topic. But that's what happens when you work at night and start drinking as soon as you get home, Joe.

wink smile
Since the OP's question has been asked and answered, I'll reply to Joe's off the road-into-the-weeds question. The Remington 8/81 was a pretty ingenious gun, but had crummy balance IMO, and delivered weird recoil impulses when fired. I still like Loggah's comment from years ago when he likened it to "shooting a pogo stick". My buddy has an 8 in .32 Remington which is even more muzzle heavy than the 81, and I had an 81 in .300 a few years ago which I bought because it was cheap and sold because I just didn't care for it. It was accurate though.

The .300 is a great cartridge but I feel it shines only in short length bolt guns and Savages. I could never understand why a full length bolt gun or autoloader action would be chambered for a short cartridge.
Remington will put together a custom shop model Seven Ive read somewhere.
I've got to get my model 81 300 out and shoot it. I never shot a pogo stick before. My 760 300 is real accurate.
My 760 300 is real accurate.

As is mine but given it's a pretty early one it's awful noisy. The forearm rattles a lot but sometimes that can be a good thing when you're rattling horns for deer. grin
99% of the time a deer stands still at the first sound he hears (slide rattle) and bolts on the second. That second sound "should" be bang. That being the case a crook can't outrun a Motorola and a deer can't outrun a bullet. grin grin
slide rattle? What is this slide rattle you talk of? grin

First noise the deer on my land hear is "boom".
First noise the deer hear from me is my dropping the Milky Way to pick up the rifle.
First noise them deers hear from me is "hey", so they stop, then boom. Same with turkeys, gets them to stick their head way up high. I keep the forearms loose on my 99s, which generates a light rattling sound, can't get a clear answer out of the deer whether they heard it or not.

Savage not producing a gun in a savage caliber anymore is just dumb. They'd have to market it as a 300 SAV SuperShortMagnum and have it moving about Mach 7 for today's hunters to notice it I guess.
Probably shouldn't mention it here, but anybody that has a T-C Contender G2 can get an excellent .300 Savage barrel made for it by Match Grade Machine in Utah. Very nice folks; excellent barrels!

.300 Sav and .30-40 seem to be the upper limit in Contenders, pressure wise and recoil wise.
© 24hourcampfire