Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Besides the obvious, I think it's cool.
yep. can't wait to shoot it and see how that peep sight works. any old 99 is enjoyable to take out in the woods for pa deer. this might get the opportunity this season....if the weather nice or it will be the 53 R in 300.
steve
What caliber? I have a 30-30 BB with a tang sight that I use in Pa. Love it.

MIke
This is an interesting one. Do you know any history on it?
Can't say that I have ever seen one like that.

I like that Lyman.
#380687 30 30 carbine lyman 56s. just happen to walk in the local gun shop i haven't visited for a couple months and just was put up. no procrastination this time. new it was a model that doesn't showup that often with condition no less and peep sight as well. no history available but someone took mighty fine care of it. nice addition to the stable.
Nice...green with envy here.
Nice looking barrel band H carbine. And in 30-30, nice. Mine is set up the same way sight wise. I don't think your butt stock is original to the gun though. H's didn't come with the pistol grip stock according to Murray's. As a shooter and hunter it won't matter and should improve your grip.

Must be a post WWII buttstock as butt plate has no Savage logo
Steve thats very possible. that stock looks mighty fine. maybe too fine! sooner or later ill take it apart and see if the numbers match. same with the lever. looks pactically new!! Butt screws look like they haven't seen a screw driver. but it looks good...price was very reasonable.
steve
Butt plate numbers match the stock which probably makes sense if it was off another gun. #206 plus on stock initials G D S imprinted as well under the 206
You have a great old classic Steve. Mine has an English style butt pad on it rather than the carbine plate that was supposed to be there. Got it that way and at a good price because of it. No complaints.

Your lever may have been taken from the same gun as the buttstock.
Looks like someone's custom build from years gone by. Nice 99!
© 24hourcampfire