Home
Posted By: Sergio Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17

I would like to find out what model 99 I have and when was it made. the boss code is hard to make out the rifle has a 22 inch barrel, gold trigger, montecarlo stock and jeweled finish bolt.
Serial Number 10229xx

Thank you,
Sergio

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Posted By: mad_dog Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
1961 model DL.
Posted By: Sergio Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
Gosh that was quick thank you.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
What cal?
Posted By: Sergio Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
It's in 243 Win and incredibly accurate at 100 yards with factory ammo. I needed to figure out the model because I suspect I may need new extractor. It fires and extracts all factory ammo except for Federal ammo but when I removed the extractor it appeared fine.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
It's like the old joke- "Doc, it hurts when I do this." Doctor: "Don't do that."

If the only thing that didn't extract was some Federal stuff, well, I wouldn't bother with Federal stuff!
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
Replacing an extractor is no fun! Lots of fitting required.

Listen to the advice above.

I have new ones to sell but always want the buyer to understand the challenge.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by Sergio

I would like to find out what model 99 I have and when was it made. the boss code is hard to make out the rifle has a 22 inch barrel, gold trigger, montecarlo stock and jeweled finish bolt.
Serial Number 10229xx

Thank you,
Sergio

Since you have the buttstock off, you can see the date code is also stamped on the left side of the receiver above the lever, left of the "A". Bit small, but looks like an M (1961) to me, which matches the serial number.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/21/17
Sergio, let me know if you want to sell that please. I'm a fan of the DL.
Posted By: Sergio Re: Which 99 do I have? - 02/22/17
Hi Fireball2 I just sold a 99 in 250 Savage and I'm regretting it, I'm keeping this one it's an amazing accurate rifle.
Thanks
Sergio
© 24hourcampfire