Home
Posted By: johno A Nice Sambar Stag To 300 savage - 03/11/17
This bloke was having a feed on the blackberries, he's big bugger around 280-300 kg antlers were 28" in length and spread but light for such a big animal.

Again the 150 gr Hornady SST made for the 300 savage, its a great bullet

[Linked Image]

Johno
Way to go! When is the cook out? I'll bring the beer, Joe.
Very nice! I have several boxes of that ammo, plus component bullets of the same type. I guess they will kill NY State whitetail deer just fine based on your results.
Nice work John. And work is the right word! grin
Nice! That's a lot of knife handles.
I loaded some of them yesterday. If they're accurate I'll have to try them on elk this season. David
That's also a lot of pistol grips.
Wow.. hope you have enough freezer space. grin
Nicely done!

Great looking animal.

Wish I could kill one. grin
Very nice! I have great results with the FTX 160 on elk. Nice stag!
Yep a lot of work into cutting it up, we use everything right down to the bones for the dogs. Must say those battery powered reciprocating saws make it easy on the bones though.

Over here most frown on the 300 savage as a sambar rifle, need something the size of deck gun for sambar. Its all about shot placement.

Johno
There are clowns around here who think a 300 Savage is on the small side for a whitetail rifle. crazy
Good one Johno
Great to see you are still getting out there
Way to go Johno ,good to see that you are still hunting . Tom
A lot of old timers in Wyoming killed elk with the 300 - some still do. Nothing wrong with 'em - especially loaded like the Hornady Superformance rounds, dang near an '06 at that velocity, but all the speed of a smooth Savage lever gun.
Originally Posted by mathman
There are clowns around here who think a 300 Savage is on the small side for a whitetail rifle. crazy

I don't mean this forum, rather I was referring to my deer hunting locale. Sorry for any confusion.
None taken, but my hackles were up until I saw the source.
I thought I should clear that up. I'm not a '99 owner but I'm a huge fan of the 250 and 300 Savage cartridges, having one each in tuned up Rem 700 Classics.
© 24hourcampfire