Home
Posted By: gnoahhh 99RS stock set - 05/15/17
What is a 99RS stock set worth these days? I stumbled onto one in a LGS this weekend- 90%+ condition, no butt plate, both factory sling swivel studs there.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99RS stock set - 05/15/17
All in the details, but I'd try to get it if I were you. They're not making them anymore. wink
Posted By: Jaaack Re: 99RS stock set - 05/15/17
Utica style RS or Chicopee Falls?
Posted By: S99VG Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
I don't know the numbers but I'd say pre-war RS more and post-war RS a little less. But as FB2 said, they don't make them anymore so I'd go in and talk the guy down as much as you can and then take the set home with you.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Just curious how a guy would tell a Utica RS stock from a Utica R stock? grin
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Originally Posted by Calhoun

The question is not R Vs. RS, it"s Utica Vs. Chicopee.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
What is a 99RS stock set worth these days? I stumbled onto one in a LGS this weekend- 90%+ condition, no butt plate, both factory sling swivel studs there.

A stock set as you describe comes on the market so rarely, it would be difficult to cite a valid market value.

How I would go about determining value is to ask: What is the market value for a RS barrelled action? What I would pay for the stock set would be what it would cost to make the RS barrelled action whole again.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Market value for an RS action would be the same as for an EG or an R- they're all the same other than their wood, no?

I'll go back up there this weekend and snag them. Don't worry, they were pretty dusty, and I took the precaution of shoving them to the back of the pile of used stocks on the shelf.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Unless I beat you there. laugh
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
What, were you shadowing me last weekend when I made the rounds of 8 gun shops in WVa, MD, and PA? shocked
Posted By: carbon12 Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Market value for an RS action would be the same as for an EG or an R- they're all the same other than their wood, no?

Wouldn't The EG or R be a faux RS then? whistle
Posted By: S99VG Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
I'll go back up there this weekend and snag them. Don't worry, they were pretty dusty, and I took the precaution of shoving them to the back of the pile of used stocks on the shelf.

Good strategy!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99RS stock set - 05/16/17
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Originally Posted by Calhoun

The question is not R Vs. RS, it"s Utica Vs. Chicopee.

Yeah, I meant Chicopee Falls. That's what I get for posting when exhausted.. Utica stocks can be told apart by the sling studs, Chicopee Falls can't be told apart.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 99RS stock set - 05/25/17
Any updates Gary?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99RS stock set - 05/26/17
Yeah, I got the set- perfect butt, forearm nearly perfect but for a deep scuff right on the screw hole. Factory swivels, I think. Checkering identical to the illustration on page 3-56, Murray. $75, negotiated down from $95.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 99RS stock set - 05/26/17
You ROBBED them! grin
© 24hourcampfire