Home
Posted By: wapiti22 SAVAGE 99 IN 300 H&H MAGNUM - 05/20/17
Local Armslist has a 1957 Savage 99 Model 300 in 300 H&H mag caliber. I didn't know Savage made these in 300 H&H mag.
They didn't. If you welded two actions together it probably still wouldn't fit, They had to open the actions up a little for the 308, 243 family of cartridges, Joe.
Yeah no red flags there.
Wasn't there a 300 H&H prototype at the Savage factory in the 1950s? crazy
I'll take it.
Posted By: dh84 Re: SAVAGE 99 IN 300 H&H MAGNUM - 05/20/17
You know that's a 300 savage and not anything else.
300 magnum Savage 99. Mine. I'll take it.
Originally Posted by wapiti22
Local Armslist has a 1957 Savage 99 Model 300 in 300 H&H mag caliber. I didn't know Savage made these in 300 H&H mag.

Only if it comes with a factory letter.
It's only $450 if you are interested. Seattle Armslist

And NO, it's not mine
Armslist is totally legit.
Posted By: S99VG Re: SAVAGE 99 IN 300 H&H MAGNUM - 05/21/17
Somebody screwed up!
A couple years ago I saw a 99 in a pawn shop that had a tag that read ".300 Win Mag". I pointed it out to the female behind the counter and she said "Well what gauge is it?"
I've run into lots of folks at gun shows who ask what a 99 is chambered in, and when hearing 300 Savage they reply "Oh, I don't want anything nearly that big".

Sigh.
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
A couple years ago I saw a 99 in a pawn shop that had a tag that read ".300 Win Mag". I pointed it out to the female behind the counter and she said "Well what gauge is it?"

laugh
Posted By: Mesa Re: SAVAGE 99 IN 300 H&H MAGNUM - 05/21/17
Did they EVER make a .300 H&H? Even a 110 bolt action? Win Mag I believe, but H&H? Maybe the guy just can't type.... Or needs to tone down the coffee intake!
Posted By: Dale K Re: SAVAGE 99 IN 300 H&H MAGNUM - 05/22/17
It's been 30-35 years ago but some buddies and I rented a cabin to go bear hunting when Pa. reopened bear season after a couple of closed seasons. One of those guys showed up with a 99. Opening morning, he asked me "why won't the lever close?" I don't know how he did it but he had gotten a 300 Win Mag cartridge partly into the chamber and jammed under the cartridge cutoff or extractor or something. I don't recall how exactly but I do remember that it was wedged in there good.

In his defense, he was the non hunter in the family, he had borrowed the rifle from his Dad or brothers and had grabbed ammo for the '300'.

Dale
Originally Posted by Calhoun
"Oh, I don't want anything nearly that big".

Sigh.

That's what she said...
Don't you guys know that the 300 Savage was the orginal short action magnum in 1920?
© 24hourcampfire