Home
Posted By: JeffG Excelsior up close! - 06/12/17
One of our members here shared some very intimate pictures of his Excelsior grade with me, and offered to let them be shared further with anyone who's interested..., I couldn't think of a single soul who would NOT be interested, so here they are.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: BLR358WIN Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/12/17
Wow!!! what caliber?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/12/17
Beautiful.

I'll bet the poor bast*rd who executed all that stippling was near batshit crazy by the time he finished.
Posted By: JeffG Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
It's in 303 savage. Yip I'll bet that stippling was done before micro pneumatics too! I wonder if there's any hidden pictures in all those pin pricks, like the etching on Camel cigarette packs...tiny portrait of Enoch's children maybe?

PS, I'll volunteer to spend some generous time looking for hidden pictures in any of your stippled 1899's!!
Posted By: billy336 Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
Damn near givin me a hard on, those flames are the schitt
Posted By: 99guy Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
That is bad ass

Nuff said...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
I love those stippled, engraved guns...
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
That stipling is cool. A stippled "B" engraved rifle that lettered to Enoc Tue sold at the Julia auction in March 2013. Closeups of both sides of the receiver appears on page 34 of my book. David
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
That is a "Just WoW". Craftsmanship of a bygone era, stuns me!
Posted By: 99hunter Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
Thanks for sharing Jeff That is awesome craftsmanship!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/13/17
That's just sexy!
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Excelsior up close! - 06/17/17

One of my all time favorites! Good luck finding an image in the stippling though... a small zoom out makes you realize just how fine it is!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MY gun looks a LOT like his; same caliber and everything. The person that I bought it from told me that he was pretty sure there was a matching gun somewhere else in the family. (I bought it from the family of the original owner). Anything engraved on the bottom? Mine is 81.2XX

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire