Home
Posted By: Oldidaho Perforated 99EG - 08/18/17
Saw a 99 EG at Cabelas Green Bay. 300 Savage, 667xxx Drilled and tapped on top of receiver and for left side scope mount. Holes filled with plug screws. Reblued, barely able to read the barrel stamping due to heavy polishing. Only $899.00.
Posted By: RAS Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/18/17
Only?

That price is sky high for that gun in my opinion.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/18/17
I think you missed the sarcasm. grin

Local Cabela's has a d&t EG in 300 for over $1000.

Great for whoever sold the rifle to them.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/18/17
They can keep livng the dream!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/18/17
Dang thats proud right there! and they probably didn't even recognize the abuse.

and we really need a sarcasm font ,
Posted By: Oldidaho Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17
At least it did not have a cutoff buttstock with rubber pad and an inletted compass!
Posted By: oldotter Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
At least it did not have a cutoff buttstock with rubber pad and an inletted compass!

That would have increased the price. You know, its now a custom Savage. smile
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17

you mean those aren't desirable custom features? grin
Posted By: S99VG Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17

No, but at one time they certainly were desirable add ons. I'm sure I've executed a number of "desirable" ideas in my time that will be laughed at in the future - given any prove sturdy enough to make it there.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17
Originally Posted by oldotter

That would have increased the price. You know, its now a custom Savage. smile

Hey Jerry, haven't seen you in a while, or maybe I'm just not paying attention. Gary and I were talking about you at the Get Together, last Saturday, Joe.
Posted By: Plab Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/19/17
ya I don't get cabelas sometimes they have great prices on their used guns, other times they're right off their rocker . ??

plab
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/20/17
My brother-in-law in Savannah went to a gun show yesterday. He texted me a picture of two 99s for sale - both priced at $750. They looked like gray rats in the picture. Both post WWII rifles, looked like 6xxxxx and 7xxxxx serial numbers from what I could see. Not as expensive as the Cabela's guns, but close.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/20/17
A Cabela's gun library guy told me their prices reflect what they paid for the guns. Some of their buyers must need additional training.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/20/17
Not too long ago I bought a 99C in 22-250 for $500 in the local Cabela's parking lot after the seller had been offended by the $400 in trade value from the Gun Library crew.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/20/17
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not too long ago I bought a 99C in 22-250 for $500 in the local Cabela's parking lot after the seller had been offended by the $400 in trade value from the Gun Library crew.

don't you love when that happens!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/21/17
I've made some of my best deals in parking lots.
Posted By: oldotter Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/22/17
We still talkin bout guns? smile
Posted By: sactoller Re: Perforated 99EG - 08/28/17
Originally Posted by Plab
ya I don't get cabelas sometimes they have great prices on their used guns, other times they're right off their rocker . ??

plab

Just like any other gun shop.
© 24hourcampfire