Home
Anyone have suggestions? Will a Lee precision case length gage in 22/250 work with 22 High Power?
Just use whatever device you would normally use to trim .22 cases. Use your dial calipers to gauge length. Trim to 2.040".

A .22-250 case is trimmed to 1.900". Not being familiar with Lee tools, I can't help you there, but if it's a fixed length trimmer for .22-250 you're SOL for using it for .22HP.
thanks!
I don't think my current .223 case trimming method will work though(See short video below)...but I'll find an alternative.

https://vimeo.com/150221979
Well, the good news is, the spent cases that came with the rifle, they are all 2.042. No trimming needed for now!
Found some lead bullets, gas checked .228 bullets, 63 grains, 20-1 lead, greased, that I'm going to try over H335 before I venture up to Buffalo Arms compnay (.227 -55 gr.)
I won't be up to Buffalo Arms until Nov when I head to my Montana property so I'll give these a swing.
I have been using 70gr .228 from Schroeder bullets out of California. Shoot very well in my 22HP and even better in my 22HP Ackley Improved.
I have not used them on any game yet , just on paper.
I have no visions of using this load on medium game. All strictly paper and maybe an occasional coyote when I'm retired in Montana.
I had the issue when i first started reloading for 7-30 Waters. I ended up using the basic Lee Case Trimmer Cutter/lock stud with a 30-30 case length gauge that I honed down to fit in the 7-30 mouth. You could hone down the diameter a .243 win case length gauge which is for 2.035 and get pretty close.
Sounds like a reasonable option!
Posted By: DanLee Re: 22 HP Options to trim brass - 10/13/17
Lee will make you a custom case length gage for $16 plus shipping.
© 24hourcampfire