Home
Howdy folks. Tomorrow I'm meeting a local guy to see about purchasing a Model 11 in .223 from him. This thing is mint (I've seen pictures, looks legit mint) and he claims it has never been fired. It had a checkered wood stock, blind internal magazine, and comes with sights. He seems to date it to around 2002 or so. It is a non accutrigger.

I've tried looking online to see if I could find any information on this model, but have come up short so far. Anyone know if this has the 3 screw trigger? That is my biggest question really. Anyone have a Savage like this?

Thanks!
It would not have come with a three-screw trigger in the model 11, and is not adjustable for sear engagement or over-pull. It does have an adjustment for pull-weight spring tension, not a huge range but it's something. Typical hunter trigger, and quite functional. It's possible to put a lighter gauge trigger spring in it, but it will never be a bench-rest trigger.

The Stevens 200 has the same trigger.

The early heavy barrel/heavy stock version model 12 (maybe 12V) retained the 3-screw trigger until the early 2000's I believe. They were all single-shot receivers
© 24hourcampfire