Home
Posted By: DanLee .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
I recently installed a scope on my 1967 F chambered in .358 Winchester. Prior to that I had a Lyman 57SB and was getting 2" groups, plenty good enough for deer at woods ranges. My main concern is the first shot from a cold barrel, but I'm wondering what others have experienced with the F in .358 in regard to accuracy and group size. Right now I'm not doing much better than 1.5" with three shots.
Posted By: RAM Re: .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
at 100 ? What more do you want out of a feather weight barrel ?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
Amen! These ain't benchrest bolt actions. I'd be damn satisfied with that!
Posted By: RAS Re: .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
1.5 MOA is awesome for any hunting rifle. Especially a lever. A lot of people claim MOA, but they really don’t get MOA. My intuition guided by experience tells me that a lot of people forget about the ‘flyers’ when computing up their MOA accuracy.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
I've had two 99F 358's cloverleaf regularly enough to get spoiled. I haven't fired all my 358's so can't speak to the other more collectible models. 1 1/2" in any Savage lever gun is a disappointment if scoped, TO ME.
Posted By: Polecat Re: .358 F Accuracy? - 11/04/17
Might want to try it with fore arm off and resting the gun on its' receiver. If the groups improve put a rubber washer between the fore arm and the barrel. It has worked on couple of mine.

Lee
© 24hourcampfire