Home
Posted By: coondawg Letting a couple good ones go - 11/17/17
I'm a poor man collector. I buy what I'm collecting at the moment and a couple years later something else will catch my eye and I will sell a few of the old collection to start a new one. So I'm letting a couple go to fund a new start. My clean 1899B is in the 24Cfire classifieds and I know I will regret this but I let a friend post a neat little rifle on the big fun site. I'm not a true Savage collector and it needs to be with a true collector. I'm keeping the rest to hunt with.

Thanks,
Robert
Please check your PM
That doesn't add up to a "couple". Am I missing something, or did you already sell the other one?
yeah! and whats the big fun site? i could use some big fun.
Let's have a link to the big fun sight.

It's legal. wink
I’m a deer camp on a ridge with a little cell service. The 1899B .303 is on the fire classifieds and my 1899 SRC 25-35 is on GunBroker.
Posted By: RAS Re: Letting a couple good ones go - 11/19/17
Since you mentioned it, what is the reserve on the 25-35? Thanks, RAS
Originally Posted by RAS

Seriously?
LMAO
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by RAS

Seriously?

I never look at reserve auctions. Waste of time....for me.

My own personal taste. People that want to do them, that's ok, it's their choice. I ain't knocking them.
I’ve never had that much luck at reserve actions because the reserve is usually more than I care to pay. Of course if y’all remember my SRC it’s not a Julia James level item and I think I have a fair reserve on it for what it is.
I saw an auction sight where seller said "Don't ask what reserve is...because it's always ONE BILLION DOLLARS"....
Posted By: RAS Re: Letting a couple good ones go - 11/20/17
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by RAS

Seriously?

My own personal taste. People that want to do them, that's ok, it's their choice. I ain't knocking them.

I don’t like them either Jim. But if I am pointed to one by the seller, I am always going to ask because of the reason why I don’t like them.

It’s like going to a gun show where a person doesn’t put on prices. I ask them and they tell me to make an offer. I say, “Between a dollar and a million”
I have no issues with asking the price on a reserve. As I've said before an auction is designed to benefit the seller, not the buyer. And a hidden reserve is bait for getting a lot of bids coming in and making the item look more popular, and the potential buyer feeling like there is more competition. Ask for the reserve. The seller can always say no and the buyer can always move on. Its a free world even if the firearm isn't.

PS - I never fall prey to saying that I "won" an auction. I buy things on auction sites, unless I figure the price has gone too high. Then I'm happy to "loose" and keep the money in my pocket.
Originally Posted by diamondjim

The second time that I bid on a reserve on gunbroker and didn't meet the reserve, only to see the gun relisted at the price I bid with no reserve made me swear off them. I'll bid on them once somebody else bids up to the reserve, but I won't waste my time contributing to some sellers trying to figure out their minimum price.

It's seems to be pretty uncommon that I see a reserve auction actually meet it's reserve, so in general I don't think a reserve auction is helping the seller as opposed to just starting it out for the minimum you'll accept. I've always started my sales at the minimum I'll accept, never had a problem with it. Never figure I needed to hide the minimum I wanted from a gun.

Just my opinions, don't count for nuttin more than anybody else's.
I love the reserve auctions that don't get met, then the seller relists the gun with no reserve for $100 over his highest previous bid. I'm not wasting my time bidding on a $1500 gun with a $10,000 reserve. Screw them, if they don't want to sell it, I don't want to bid on it. If they want to sell it, they'll either put a price on it, or start it for a penny or at least something reasonable and let the market determine the true value.

If they have a hidden reserve, I figure they're fishing. If they need $500 minimum, start it at $500 w/o a hidden reserve. Hidden reserve auctions are for game players, not gun sellers.
I agree, game playing waste of time. Looked for the src on Gunbroker, but didnt see it. Anybody have a gb number?
If I didn't live in California I'd be interested in the sellers Colt Officer's Match 22.
I like an absolute auction. Otherwise, I like a seller who puts a price on the item in question. Your mileage may vary.
When you start an auction at $1 it always sells and it always brings market value.

Plus, they always attract a big audience because people know the gun is going to sell and if they don't bid, somebody else other than them, is going to own it.

JMO, and like the others, don't count for pizz hole in the snow.
© 24hourcampfire