Is choosing which one to use this weekend. lol
The 30-30 SRC
[Linked Image]

The 1899B in .303
[Linked Image]

or old reliable .300 hammer
[Linked Image]
I'd say hammer time!!
Sounds like You need to move to Maryland where they apparently let you shoot dozens of deer each season..., then you could get one with each rifle!
Well the .300 hammer and 30-30 src are in the back seat. I'll give a report Monday.
To, two, too many deer.
Yeah, that’s a problem. Better divest yourself of a couple of those to make the decision making process a lot easier. :-)
I would have to take the carbine .30-30. two reasons. First its a fine caliber and second I've done got lazy.
That scoped rifle and buck photo is freaking awesomeness. I am gonna copy that bad boy and put it in the man cave!
I would bring the SRC 30-30 and the 300 Hammer to the blind with me. The SRC would be first but would switch to the scoped 300 if the situation required it.

That buck is awesome. A real pig.
Good luck whichever rifle you choose to use! Keep us posted. We want pictures!
two is to many? if that's the case some heads here will explode trying to make a choice!
ps. very nice rifles and super buck! choose the unblooded one.
sweet src
Well the hunting was relaxing but I had no luck. The acorn crop was huge and the big boys have laid low since the acorns fell and the velvet came off. We saw very little big buck movement during our rut. I did harvest a decent buck opening weekend with a rifle that I was wanting to kill one with, but now it's 99's only.

Napping during the high winds we had over the weekend. This spot is over looking a drainage with a spring in it with two nice pools. the drainage leads up to a big post oak thicket.
[Linked Image]

Van Horn rifle
[Linked Image]
Very nice Coondawg!
Holy Cow...er, Buck!!
Very nice! Those long tines remind me of Texas deer.

What do you reckon he weighs?
Thanks for the replies. Not sure what he weighed.
© 24hourcampfire