Home
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Couple of Savage photos in her Field and Stream photo shoot. 2 or 3 Savage 99's were used from my Godfather's collection.
This vid was my way of coping.
We (Wife and I ) flew back to Minnesota to assist in hospice care from Tue last week, flew out Sunday. She died today with my sister present, in her apartment, peacefully.
No sympathy needed, just spend 5 min and watch her video I put together.
Thanks fellas.
She was a Maverick, started hunting in 1958 breaking barriers women should not have...before N.O.W....one of the fellas.
She took a lot of crap in Deer and Elk camp, and she dished it back just as hard!

Love ya mom!
Click Vimeo Link below, then > Play button

https://vimeo.com/251251546
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Sportsdad60,

Our most sincere condolences to you and all of her loved ones, on the loss of your Mother.

yours sincerely, Darla & tex
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Wow. I didn't know her but that is an amazing tribute for what looks like an amazing mom.
Posted By: kingston Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
That’s a beautiful tribute. Her spirit is evident in her smile. You have my heartfelt condolences and wishes of peace.

This was a favorite.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kellory Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
I'm sorry for your loss. Looks like a he'll of a lady, and not afraid to live life to the fullest. I'm sure she lives on in you.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
well done great tribute to your mom.

norm
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
I never know what to say when confronted by such as this. My sincere condolences.
Posted By: Polecat Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Sorry for your loss. The video is a very nice tribute to your Mom.

Lee
Posted By: S99VG Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Loosing your parents is hard. Those are great old photos and she looks like she was a happy woman and mother. I'm sure Johnny thinks so too.
Posted By: olgrouser Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
My sincere condolences.That was an amazing tribute - thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Looks like a neat lady, and left handed to boot!

Sorry for your loss.

Bob.
Posted By: JeffG Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Great respect and appreciation for Your Mom Brian, wonderful panorama of memories there.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
My deepest condolences sir

Your mom loved life and lived it to it's fullest. You can take great satisfaction and comfort from her life well lived.

Randy
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
An excellent tribute to your parents. Let a bell ring.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Sorry for your loss!
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Originally Posted by kingston
That’s a beautiful tribute. Her spirit is evident in her smile. You have my heartfelt condolences and wishes of peace.

This was a favorite.

[Linked Image]

Thanks all.

Kingston, I gave her some beef about trigger finger safety when I saw that photo the first time. smile (The photo is also reversed, she is right handed)
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Neat lady. It looks like she life to the fullest. My condolences. David
Posted By: benchman Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
She looked to be a real good woman! Nice tribute. Well done!
Posted By: RAS Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Like many others here, I know what it is like to lose a parent.

In your case, I would feel very comfortable in saying that she lived the life she wanted. Many cannot say that. And she lived a better life than any Femi Nazi will ever know. I tip my hat to a fine woman who did it her way.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
lucky man to have had her! cherish the memories
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Mom passed away today - 01/16/18
Thanks for the video may your mom rest in peace.
Sorry to hear of your loss... sounds like you have a lot of good memories to rely on.

God Bless,
dave
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
Some reflection of the past.
Mom and Dad forced me into labor (along with grand dad) around the farm starting in around 1968. Dad was a traveling salesman and I was the only boy in the family so the expectations were higher for me in regards to good old fashioned manual labor. I felt like an overworked victim at times while the family bought and raised horses, a couple of cows to butcher, and even chickens (my idea, I highly do NOT recommend it) A 1 acre garden that had to be weeded by hand, when you finished, you started over again because it took 3 weeks to weed 1 acre by hand. But you know what....Mom, Dad (when he was home on the week-ends) and my Grandfather gave me the work ethics that made my life successful.
God bless the farmer!
Grandpa and I strung a triple strand barbed wire fence covering 80 acres in 3 months when I was 11. More bug bites than you can imagine in the woods of Minnesota. Never a compliment of the hard work I did, it was expected. No "I love you, you're doing great work" or anything. But you know what? I thanked them both when I became a young man for driving me hard in my youth.
When I started as a machinist apprentice at Boeing at age 18 in 1979 after moving West 1700 miles from home, I stood out like a sore thumb of a guy willing to bust his butt for a good wage.
Mom, Dad and Grandpa were all responsible for it. Thank you dear Lord for the work ethics my parents bestowed upon me.
Posted By: jar Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
there are never the right words. but know that she gone ahead and prepares a home for you all. we will include you and yours in our family prayers. God Bless!
Posted By: Dale K Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
Peace, strength, and the grace of God to you and yours in this time of sorrow.

Dale
I just don't have the words....
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
My condolences on the loss of a beautiful, high-spirited lady.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
Some reflection of the past.
Mom and Dad forced me into labor (along with grand dad) around the farm starting in around 1968. Dad was a traveling salesman and I was the only boy in the family so the expectations were higher for me in regards to good old fashioned manual labor. I felt like an overworked victim at times while the family bought and raised horses, a couple of cows to butcher, and even chickens (my idea, I highly do NOT recommend it) A 1 acre garden that had to be weeded by hand, when you finished, you started over again because it took 3 weeks to weed 1 acre by hand. But you know what....Mom, Dad (when he was home on the week-ends) and my Grandfather gave me the work ethics that made my life successful.
God bless the farmer!
Grandpa and I strung a triple strand barbed wire fence covering 80 acres in 3 months when I was 11. More bug bites than you can imagine in the woods of Minnesota. Never a compliment of the hard work I did, it was expected. No "I love you, you're doing great work" or anything. But you know what? I thanked them both when I became a young man for driving me hard in my youth.
When I started as a machinist apprentice at Boeing at age 18 in 1979 after moving West 1700 miles from home, I stood out like a sore thumb of a guy willing to bust his butt for a good wage.
Mom, Dad and Grandpa were all responsible for it. Thank you dear Lord for the work ethics my parents bestowed upon me.

thats why its better to hire farm kids to work ,,THEY ACTUALLY KNOW HOW,nothing like a GOOD Work ethics.BTDT

norm
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
My mom passed at 95 years old from a simple operation.......I know how you feel........
Posted By: Plab Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
it looks like she lived a good life... condolences

plab
Posted By: 99hunter Re: Mom passed away today - 01/17/18
Sorry for your loss
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/18/18
Sorry for your loss. That's an excellent tribute to your Mom.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Mom passed away today - 01/18/18
She looks like she was always quick to smile. My heartfelt condolences, Sportsdad. May she keep on smiling.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/19/18
Sorry 4 your loss..........
Posted By: johnsavage Re: Mom passed away today - 01/19/18
Someone said it better than ever could I:
Do not stand on my grave and weep. I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in the circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there. I did not die.
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Mom passed away today - 01/25/18
johnsavage I am saving that poem.
I can't thank you enough for it. Beautiful. I used it today.

Today in Minnesota we had a memorial for Mom.

Here was my speech.

Rest in peace Mom. You brought so much good to the world.
Mom broke barriers that women didn't even consider in the 50's and 60's, before NOW or any of the women's movements. She hunted with the men, whether they liked it or not. She took a lot of crap from men in Hunting camp but her feisty spirit would dish it right back.

She was always busy, be it Star organization in Coon Rapids, or secretary to the Guidance Councelor at the schools we kids attended.

She worked at the Social Security department and worked at the company that produced the first MMU (Manned Maneuvering Unit) for astronauts to navigate their space ships without tethers. Her resume would be pages long and her experience was extensive in every aspect of her life.

She worked when women were supposed to stay at home, she hunted North American game when women were supposed to be cooking in the kitchen, and she raised 3 great children who were successful in life. When you met Midge for the first time you felt like she was a friend your whole life. Her love for Family, Faith and flag and her support for the 2nd Amendment shined admirably for her era. She was a leader, never one to follow. We will miss her so very much.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: Mom passed away today - 01/25/18
An amazing woman...you are a lucky man to have been raised by a warrior. I am glad you like the poem. It helped me when I lost my Mom and Dad.
© 24hourcampfire