Home
Posted By: RAS If I only had the cash... - 01/16/18
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738821713
My offer is to move the decimal a spot to the left, maybe. smile
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/16/18
Ouch! I'm glad you don't have the cash, Jeff!
Posted By: S99VG Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/16/18
To quote the Scarecrow, "If I only had a brain." Some of which may be missing from this auction.
Hard to resist for sure. Always a fan of extra bolt on hardware.
My Eyes My Eyes! a 400.00 parts gun!
Posted By: RAS Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/16/18
I was going to ask if I were to add $500 to the asking price, could he put a compass in the stock and maybe a few diamond inlays. If I was super lucky, he might even stencil his SSN into the receiver somewhere.
And his bank account number along with the SSN.....
WTF is "era perfect"? I've heard of "Model Perfect" in Herter'e parlance but "era perfect is a new one on me. Must be uber desirable to justify the asking price.
Posted By: TomT Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
I wonder what that guy's been smoking??!! A $1,399.00 Buy It Now price on a $400 firearm! I guess he's counting on the PT Barnum adage.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
The modern bubba loves what the 1950 bubba did to this classic! David
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hard to resist for sure. Always a fan of extra bolt on hardware.

^^^That was a joke btw. If Davids comment was directed at me.
Yes, the whole post is a joke. Roy, don't be thin-skinned. You resurrect 99's that needs resurrecting. You guys probably remember the pre-mil 99F that I had a friend shorten the barrel that had a bulge near the muzzle. That EG looked like it was still in pretty good condition. I especially hate those red ventilated recoil pads. David
Posted By: 99guy Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
Nice scope
Posted By: Jericho Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
If it had a Barska 6-18 scope on it I would buy it
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Yes, the whole post is a joke. Roy, don't be thin-skinned.

THAT was the funniest part of this post! grin
I'm glad you guys are getting a good laugh at me not wanting to be called a bubba. I've been called that and worse, so it's not off base. .
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
I think that seller has stink bugs for a brain.
Merely sticks & stones...

Your true mettle shows through.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
It seems odd 2 me.

Marlins suck........but a savage scrolled on in a marlin factory needs accolades and drooled on.

Bubbas suck.......news flash maybe bubba worked 4 marlin.....maybe bubba needed to feed a family.......maybe bubba can shoot.

Whatever.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
That is truly a rifle that money, at least my money, can't buy.
Posted By: Plab Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
sometimes all of you look at things the wrong way.. really .. break it down like this and he's not to far off on his price

model 99EG 300sav, 90% ? $600
Pachmayr Lo swing mount $50
Pachmayr butt pad $35
uncle mike swivels $25
lyman all american 4X $200

gun smith services
pad install-------------------------- $75
scope mounting ---------------- $75
swivel install---------------------- $20
misc. shop fee------------------ $20

there I think that rounds out to $1100

plab
Sounds about right, but in the custom rifle forum they say something about not getting the $$$ amount you put into it out of it when selling. Something to that effect.

In theory you're about spot on, though.
Dang, I'm still $50-$60 short, :), Joe.
diamondjim's comment about custom rifles also applies to building street rods, restoring vintage cars, building custom Harley's, etc. It is best to just leave them alone if you are looking to make a profit. If it suits your needs then go for it but don't expect to get your money back out of it or make a profit. I am speaking from a great deal of experience. Roy you are not a bubba in my opinion. David
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
Originally Posted by Plab
sometimes all of you look at things the wrong way.. really .. break it down like this and he's not to far off on his price

model 99EG 300sav, 90% ? $600
Pachmayr Lo swing mount $50
Pachmayr butt pad $35
uncle mike swivels $25
lyman all american 4X $200

gun smith services
pad install-------------------------- $75
scope mounting ---------------- $75
swivel install---------------------- $20
misc. shop fee------------------ $20

there I think that rounds out to $1100

plab

It's y'all's lucky day. There's a Pachmayr low swing mount for the 99 on ebay right now- bidding is hovering at $9.99. A golden opportunity to spiff up a righteous 99. Somebody here better grab it. Or not.
Posted By: norm99 Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
diamondjim's comment about custom rifles also applies to building street rods, restoring vintage cars, building custom Harley's, etc. It is best to just leave them alone if you are looking to make a profit. If it suits your needs then go for it but don't expect to get your money back out of it or make a profit. I am speaking from a great deal of experience

. Roy you are not a bubba in my opinion. David
funny i though he was tinkerbell smiley face
Posted By: Calhoun Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/17/18
Originally Posted by norm99
diamondjim's comment about custom rifles also applies to building street rods, restoring vintage cars, building custom Harley's, etc. It is best to just leave them alone if you are looking to make a profit. If it suits your needs then go for it but don't expect to get your money back out of it or make a profit. I am speaking from a great deal of experience

. Roy you are not a bubba in my opinion. David
funny i though he was tinkerbell smiley face

Pretty sure Joe got the Tinkerbell award at the last Fest in honor of his 5 shot 1899 chambered in.. 410. grin
Posted By: Barkoff Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/27/18
Even a hack greenhorn such as myself wouldn't fall for that one.
If you pay for a gunbroker ad by the word, then he still won't clear much money if it sells.
Posted By: mooshoo Re: If I only had the cash... - 01/27/18
if he wants it to sell he better put a muzzle break on it!
just think how much stronger the receiver is with that extra plate welded....er .. bolted to the side! re chamber it to an era perfect 300 win mag!
Hey Jeff, good news. I found three sub $400 Savage 99's this morning, well within your budget! One was even a 32 Special. All were, very, uh, special. Beautiful carvings and other custom work. frown
RUKidding me, a 32 win special savage........I want one!
Dude, I can Hook U Up.

For reeeeal.
© 24hourcampfire