Home
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/737977069

1912 Saddle ring Carbine; watched but way out of my budget.
Yeah, that one had me shocked when it was half of that. Very nice, but didn't think they brought that much in 30-30. But as long as buyer and seller are happy, none of my business. Nice to see really nice ones like that.

Winner was with somebody with no previous buys/sells.
Seller should be verrry happy !!!! shocked
I could have bought one like this about 4 years ago in Fredericksburg, TX for $1K. I passed up the table, went back 10 mins later,....gone.

The one in the above link was nice though. The rear sight is wrong isn’t it? I will get one one day but not if they cost this much. Lol.
Can't accuse that guy of kicking the tires or squeezing a nickel.
Probably keeping a family heirloom in the family. I'd have done the same.
Spend your moldy money, can't take it with you. smile
Originally Posted by RAS
The rear sight is wrong isn’t it?

Ya, looks like a 50's EG, R, F rear sight, not for an SRC.

I don't see one guy paying alot I see 3 guys working their way up to that final price, one guy went $3750 and the other two fought up over $4000. Auctions are hit and miss, seller should be real happy. If it had been two guys with not so much money it might have ended at $500.
Several motivated buyers and one high condition, century old firearm in a desirable configuration met.

Have you seen a better 1912 SRC in 30-30? 25-35? 38-55?
There's no flys on that 30-30, very nice, but this is what that money should get you,

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...avage-99k-engraved-300-mint#Post12574350
Originally Posted by JeffG
There's no flys on that 30-30, very nice, but this is what that money should get you,

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...avage-99k-engraved-300-mint#Post12574350

wink wink wink smile smile smile It was REALLY nice finally meeting you and spending the time we had with others.
Time to have an auction or two.
JeffG I sold the 99K on guns international in 7 Hours. The 250-3000 NIB is sold also.
WOW I'm glad I got a couple of those..

plab
I'm glad I have a few SRC's and I don't feel so bad about what I paid for the 1895 short rifle. David
Here's one less than half the price.Bought a few from Leroy.Mostly high end stuff.Once in a while he has low end like this one. http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...9/savage-1899-f-src.cfm?gun_id=100977536
I am with Jeff G, $4400 is sky high for most factory rifles, would have to be super special for me to spend that many Benjamins.
Obviously to Mr. puncher1998 that what 4400-bucks of Savage 99 looks like! Auctions are for the benefit of the seller more so than the buyer.
Originally Posted by RAS
The rear sight is wrong isn’t it?
It's correct...it's a 1911 version.

If I remember correctly a pair of carbines were in the Wes Adams auction. Were in as nice of better condition in .32-40 and .38-55 and sold in the $4000-$4500 price range, each.
Originally Posted by Rick99
It's correct...it's a 1911 version.
If I remember correctly a pair of carbines were in the Wes Adams auction. Were in as nice of better condition in .32-40 and .38-55 and sold in the $4000-$4500 price range, each.

Good eye Rick!
Just looked at #136xxx, .303, same rear sight and marked Savage Arms Co, pat. Sept. 26 1911
Rick, I got the 32-40, it was $4K plus the buyer premium. It's in better condition than the gunbroker rifle and 32-40 is a heck of a lot rarer than 30-30.
with 99's selling in that range , maybe i better start collecting Red Ryders!
I have one i paid almost that much for,with less condition! but its a half octagon 22" 38-55 saddle ring carbine! smile
I seem to rember that one! grin
Originally Posted by Loggah
I have one i paid almost that much for,with less condition! but its a half octagon 22" 38-55 saddle ring carbine! smile

Be cool to know who they did that one up for.
Pictures would sure add to the discourse, hint, hint, Don / David. smile
Bert you have seen Dons Gun! 1st fest I bought it off DGF, later sold it to Don. laugh
Here are pics of my 32-40 carbine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
David
If I had $4400 all at once I'd probly blow it on crayons and velcro tennis shoes.
I just looked thru my pictures and it seems i dont have a picture ! frown I will have to beg my wife to take a few pictures maybe today.Don
I wish I could post pictures of your 1893 marlin that I now own. 38/55 piano finish half octagon barrel.

It is stunning. Along with that custom E in 300.
Don, I was hoping I'd taken a pic of your half octagon SRC but if I did it has gone off into cyber-oblivion. David
© 24hourcampfire