Home
Posted By: wyo1895 Savage Square 8 press - 03/18/18
Got this a few weeks ago from a guy on the reloading thread. Someone here mentioned it is how I found it.
Kinda small next to the RCBS's
[Linked Image]
closeup of Savage logo
[Linked Image]
different angle with the handle down
[Linked Image]
Some more trivia for the shack nasties.
David
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Square 8 press - 03/18/18
Nice. How's it work?
Posted By: S99VG Re: Savage Square 8 press - 03/19/18
I'd probably reserve it for pistol cartridges or for some other lighter duty purpose - such as with Lee's cast bullet swager dies. Its hard to beat your two RCBS presses. I've always wondered if the Savage press would flex when resizing larger or military brass. But what the heck do I know. I've only looked at them and never used one.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Square 8 press - 03/19/18
I've only seated bullets with it so far. I was wondering how it would do for resizing. Will find out some day if I ever get the taxes done. David
Posted By: S99VG Re: Savage Square 8 press - 03/19/18
I think it’s a cool press and something real cool for any aficionado of all things Savage to have, especially if you are into reloading. And it’s especially cool if one can figure out a solid way to integrate it into the rotation of reloading equipment one has on their bench. I'd be all over that!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Square 8 press - 03/19/18
I have multiple presses set up so when I'm working up loads I can keep several sets of dies mounted for loading additional ammo in a given caliber. I go out to the range, shoot, and come home to load more of what works. If I only had one press I'd have to keep changing dies. If the straight 8 (I've been calling it square 8) is too flimsy to resize it won't be a big deal. Don't know how I made that mistake, I had a Buick straight 8 once upon a time and that's what I thought of as soon as I heard the name of the press. I picked up those RCBS dies real cheap at gun shows a number of years ago. David
© 24hourcampfire