Home
Posted By: Longbeardking 303 G - 06/07/18
I was able to pick up this very nice G in .303. As a neat accessory the Lightfoot mount was attached. I have the rifle in hand and the seller is waiting on USPS to deliver my funds. Trusting soul he is. It came to me from Texas from one of our members. Thanks, Ken.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ericn Re: 303 G - 06/07/18
Very nice rifle. Thank you for posting. First time I have ever seen a Lightfoot mount. Curious as to if the rifle is drilled and tapped in addition to the tang screws and sight dovetail connection. Assuming that mount would work fine with tang and dovetail only.

Eric
Posted By: saddlering Re: 303 G - 06/07/18
Looks like a very Nice rifle! love those "G"s
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 303 G - 06/07/18
Originally Posted by ericn
Very nice rifle. Thank you for posting. First time I have ever seen a Lightfoot mount. Curious as to if the rifle is drilled and tapped in addition to the tang screws and sight dovetail connection. Assuming that mount would work fine with tang and dovetail only.

Eric

Pretty sure it's not drilled and tapped. I use the factory Leupold 1 piece mount to make up the mount so it attaches like a Stith.

Thanks LBK!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
Nice gun.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
That is a very impressive G.

Well done Amigo!
Posted By: Loggah Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
NICEEEE!! that going to Anticosta this fall? with a scope shoud work fine. grin
Posted By: JeffG Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
Yes Sir, that's a fine looking rifle right there! Good for both of you for keeping it in "the Family". I would be more surprised if it DIDN'T show up in this years Anticosti pictures!! laugh
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
First off the rifle is NOT drilled and tapped. And Mike, this is the first time I have ever seen one of your mounts. The workmanship is second to none. I don't know what you charge, and I have never inquired, but whatever it is it's worth every penny. Thanks all for the kind words.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
Originally Posted by Loggah
NICEEEE!! that going to Anticosta this fall? with a scope shoud work fine. grin

The gun came with a scope. A Bushnell Legend. 5-15X. WAY more scope than I'll ever need. The seller has been so trusting, I took it off and boxed it up. I'm sending it back to him. It's "Texas" scope, not a New Hampshire one.
Posted By: texken Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Eric

Pretty sure it's not drilled and tapped. I use the factory Leupold 1 piece mount to make up the mount so it attaches like a Stith.

Thanks LBK!

Mike, that is the first of three that I have bought from you.
Posted By: 99Ozarks Re: 303 G - 06/08/18
That is a very nice G rifle in a good caliber. Those are hard to find that nice. Gotta be happy. Mike
Posted By: Skidrow Re: 303 G - 06/09/18
Sweet rifle Steve!
Posted By: norm99 Re: 303 G - 06/09/18
VERY NICE little green with envy here.

norm
Posted By: hanco Re: 303 G - 06/09/18
The base should be very sturdy.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: 303 G - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Eric

Thanks LBK!

You have always told me that you were just a so'so machinist. Most likely I would never have bought a Lightfoot mount only because between originals and the Stiths that I replicate I have more than I'll probably ever use. However I want to say that the workmanship on this one is as good as one will ever see. Your mount is much easier to use than a Stith and provides much more versatility.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 303 G - 06/10/18
Coming from someone with your skill set, that is an over the top compliment - thanks!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: 303 G - 06/10/18
For an over the top person.
Posted By: 300Savage Re: 303 G - 06/11/18
Very nice looking mount, does any one know the cost? Also what are the two extra holes for on the horizontal base on the mount?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 303 G - 06/11/18
The holes are drilled there by Leupold. The main body of the mount is a 1 piece Leupold factory made mount.

It's $170 shipped until my costs go up again.
© 24hourcampfire