Home
I thought the 375 would have been late enough to be a clip fed gun? Picked this one up at local gunshow. Like new condition.

Were they made with clip feed and cartridge counter. Serial D421962

[Linked Image]

Charlie
375's and 358's were only ever made in rotor 99's. The removable magazine were 250, 300, 243, 308, 22-250, 7mm08, 284.
The detachable magazine styles of the 99, the 99C and 99CD, were never cataloged for rimmed cartridges and there wasn't any reason for either the 99C or 99CD to have a hole milled in the left side of the receiver to show the cartridge count, as those were only applicable to rotary magazine rifles.

Tang safety 99s with rotary magazines were the Models 99A, 99A-BG, 99DL/M, and 99F.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The detachable magazine styles of the 99, the 99C and 99CD, were never cataloged for rimmed cartridges and there wasn't any reason for either the 99C or 99CD to have a hole milled in the left side of the receiver to show the cartridge count, as those were only applicable to rotary magazine rifles.

Tang safety 99s with rotary magazines were the Models 99A, 99A-BG, 99DL/M, and 99F.

Savage 99DE and 99PE as well, just for a full list.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Savage 99DE and 99PE as well, just for a full list.

Good catch!

I never think about 99DEs and 99PEs 'cause I so seldom see them anymore.
Is yours the Brush Gun or 99-A? Serial puts it as a 1980 production.
Originally Posted by Rick99
Is yours the Brush Gun or 99-A? Serial puts it as a 1980 production.

I think I see finger grooves. With that 421K SN I'd say a brushgun. The lowest 99A 375 I've seen was around D652k.
At that serial I thought a BG but couldn't make out a grove in the forearm.
Originally Posted by Rick99
At that serial I thought a BG but couldn't make out a grove in the forearm.

I shoudl have said, I think i see the start of the finger groove up by the sight.
A better pict of the stock would tell the tale. Does not look regular at first glance
[Linked Image]
Thanks!
I like it!!!
Whatever it is I want it. It is on my bucket list!!!!
It is marked series 99A on the bbl. So is it a 99A or a 99 brush gun. what is the difference? One more desirable/rare than the other?

thanks
Charlie
Mine is a bit later vintage, D5585**, and it has the "T-Pad", interesting ...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beautiful Wood SCGunNut.
© 24hourcampfire