Home
They are loaded up on the internet.. might take me a while to link in the best ones. We'll start though. Lighting was tough for this non-photographer, I did the best I could. But a lot came out with glare or other flaws. What I can guarantee is that you're getting everything you paid for. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks for sharing Rory! We don't get enough pictures of smiling mobs brandishing rifles..., any holes in the ceiling?

http://savagefest.net/SavageFest_2018/SavageFest-2018/
For any of you who haven’t seen GeneB’s collection of 22s, that in itself is worth the price of admission. Great collection of pictures. Well done.

Great pics and even Greater subject matter....
Envy from down under is all I can say
Some beautiful display's there
You couldn't name the people in the picture could you
Cheers
A huge wistful sigh of longing just went up from here in Annapolis. Keep the pics coming, Rory!
Thanks, Calhoun!
A fine gathering it appears to have been. And it warms my heart to see (what I presume to be) a nicely preserved EG proudly displayed front and center.
L to R, Front:

RAS, Young RAS (Mason), Rick99, DSR1935, SoutherWiSavage, Lightfoot, Skidrow, John Allen, Calhoun

L to R, back:

SavageUpNorth, Docost, Don & Dave (DSR1935's sons), Merle, BigOldDave, CMHJohn, KeithNyst

Attendees not in the photo:

SVG250, 5Savage and father Patrich, GeneB and guest Jeff, CowboyTim and guest Rich, JohnAllen's wife Randy,

Gophergunner and son Eric, Stockmeyerfarms and wife Sharon, Leadminer and Trapper69.

Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.
I dispute #2 being a 99F rather than an 1899H. Rick and I had a running discussion over 1899 to 99 break points. grin

Great reference for 99F evolution / model name reuse.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My number was based on several rifles that JTC lettered as 99's that we now think were still 1899's. They look the same. It's just what we want to call them.

We are still looking for log sheet page copies from this serial range to see how they were listed.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Can't forget the star of the entire show!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
There were some nice, nice guns there.
I have a question about a 99 in the group picture. Skidrow appears to have a 99R with a Weaver 1.5-5 variable in a Stith mount with the split rear ring. Years ago I tried the same thing on an EG and played hell with the ring jumping out of the rear block - even with the dovetail inserted into the block facing both frontwards and backwards. I even added an insert into the front tube to make up for the space between the end of the scope (as it is short) and the internal shoulder at the front of the tube. I did not have the front dovetail attachment like Skidrow has. Now how in the heck did he get that to work?
Probably a little "Skidrow magic"....
Originally Posted by S99VG
I have a question about a 99 in the group picture. Skidrow appears to have a 99R with a Weaver 1.5-5 variable in a Stith mount with the split rear ring. Years ago I tried the same thing on an EG and played hell with the ring jumping out of the rear block - even with the dovetail inserted into the block facing both frontwards and backwards. I even added an insert into the front tube to make up for the space between the end of the scope (as it is short) and the internal shoulder at the front of the tube. I did not have the front dovetail attachment like Skidrow has. Now how in the heck did he get that to work?

Second from the bottom here... it's a 99T.

[Linked Image]
"RT" 30-30...
Originally Posted by docost99
"RT" 30-30...

Thanks.. If I'd thought about it, I'd have remembered.
Originally Posted by S99VG
And it warms my heart to see (what I presume to be) a nicely preserved EG proudly displayed front and center.

A near mint Utica 1940 99EG 300. It was a deliberate choice!
From a distance those pre-war Ts can look a bit like a post-war R. I guess I need to get me some of that "magic." Is that dovetail bracket on the front tube of Skidrow's T a 99 mount or was it adapted from something else?
Thanks for posting pics Rory
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Quite the collection here..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Great ammo collection

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Some great looking displays and rifles being shown. Thanks for posting Calhoun!
I definitely need to find one of those toy 99's!! How unusual are those (..way more than a..) nickel pistols?
Originally Posted by JeffG
I definitely need to find one of those toy 99's!! How unusual are those (..way more than a..) nickel pistols?

Jeff, Finding anything isn't rocket science. The internet is your friend, "sometimes".

https://www.amazon.com/Savage-Vintage-Miniature-Best-Plastics/dp/B0764LJ9X7
Thanks Steve!! I'm getting it!
There were 3 companies making rifle models back then and at least 2 made 99s, probably all 3.

The pistols are factory nickel. Nothing wrong with a toy though. smile
Thanks Steve!! I'm getting it!

I am going to start calling you "the hungry trout" laugh laugh laugh
Thanks for the pics and posting them Rory.
SavageupNorth has some top shelf rifles as do some others. How many have a RMEF rifle and a 1899D/musket?!
dsr1935's ammo display was pretty special as well. I learned a thing or two.
One can read all kinds of stuff, but having a piece in hand to look at is invaluable.
Thanks to everyone who traveled and brought displays, helped with setup/tear down, door prizes, snack food, security, cooking, donations and more.
Rick, thank YOU for hosting us. It's a lot of effort and time to invest, and we all appreciated it very much!

It's great seeing everybody every couple of years, and meeting new folks and learning new things. I think every single person there brought interesting stuff, just didn't have time to look at everything.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire