Home
If getting this 99 model is part of your collection search, send me a PM.

Not mine, just know where you can get one. Need to do your own due diligence on it. There aren’t that many out there.

RAS
I saw that yesterday too. Probly gone by now huh?
What's the world come to when nobody wants a 308 R? Won't see another for a few years. No collectors need this one? Not mine btw.
Roy,

If you look closely, the gun had a temporary ‘slip on’ recoil pad at one point in its life. Whoever put it on there, kept it on there for a long time. The problem with keeping it on there for a long time is the wood underneath the slip on recoil pad eventually turns a different shade compared to the wood that isn’t covered. This is the type of pad that doesn’t require cutting of the wood or removing the buttplate. This isn’t the end of the world for me, but may give a few pause. An another reason is that I already have one. Still, it’s still a really rare gun and I am surprised it is still there.

See picture #24

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786209522

Caliber is a plus,,,,,,,,,,,,condition is a negative. Consider +/- puts the gun at average.
Sorry, but I prefer my 99s in 300.
The stock looks kind of rough. Unfortunately there's no room in the budget for any guns or I'd offer him $600.
Metal wear bothers me on any collector, wood can easily be refinished to a high standard.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Caliber is a plus,,,,,,,,,,,,condition is a negative. Consider +/- puts the gun at average.

Sure, I agree. But if I didn't have one, I'd want that one until a better one came along.
But then I am stuck trying to peddle (which I hardly ever do) something I wouldn't have bought in the first place. And I agree with David. $600 is what I might offer.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Metal wear bothers me on any collector, wood can easily be refinished to a high standard.

Sure, I agree. But if I didn't have one, I'd want that one until a better one came along.

Then buy it.

SOLD
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Then buy it.

I already have a mint one with the factory tags or I would have.
Wow, you guys were busy!
There you have it. Just the RIGHT person for it to go to. laugh laugh laugh
Suspicious looking buyer handle there... wink grin

It needs a proper rear sight and sling eyes but not a horrible deal IMO.
Not going to mention a name, but I got an unexpected offer on my 308 R recently. The offer was for more than this one went for by a good amount. I declined mostly because I want to keep this particular rifle, and not because the offer was more than fair. I killed a really nice buck with it while hunting with another fine member here. For those of you that seen it at the Fest, it isn’t mint by any means. Accurate as hell though.

Someone got a 308 R. Cool beans.
Originally Posted by RAS
Not going to mention a name, but I got an unexpected offer on my 308 R recently. The offer was for more than this one went for by a good amount. I declined mostly because I want to keep this particular rifle, and not because the offer was more than fair. I killed a really nice buck with it while hunting with another fine member here. For those of you that seen it at the Fest, it isn’t mint by any means. Accurate as hell though.

[Linked Image]
RAS, those index cards you used are sure nice when reviewing the photos. And, saved asking a lot of questions at the Fest.
Rick,

Those were hasty ID cards. Some of the other guys had type written and laminated biographies on their guns. I am not that refined. Actually, this is the only time I ever did a display. Lots to improve upon. smile
You fellas might be surprised to learn that a stock can be stripped w/o sanding one bit, the dents steamed out, and refinished to factory appearance. It's really quite enjoyable and satisfying as well.

Metal now that's a different story, but wood? Nah, don't even hesitate. Use a paste stripper, and Minwax Red mahogany #225 on that one.
Roy,

All the rifles you posted that you did wood work on look awesome.

The 284 in the above picture is the one I did. I think it turned out great. This rifle lost a lot of finish.
© 24hourcampfire