Home
Not a huge museum, but has some very cool stuff. Has the 1 millionth 99 - which the metalwork looks very good, but the stock fit is subpar compared to 50's or early 60's standard guns. They have a delicious 1899F saddle ring carbine in 303 with pistol grip (drool), and a beautiful set of Savage pistols that Bailey Brower donated for viewing.

And lots of other cool guns besides the Savage ones.

Worth a stop if you are nearby.

1 millionth 99 - better pics are on the NRA museum web site. And as we know, even though it's stamped 1,000,000 - it's more like the 810,000th 99 that was made. grin

Link to NRA web page on it:
http://nramuseum.org/the-museum/the...avage-model-1899-lever-action-rifle.aspx

Link to NRA's curator's corner talking about it:
https://www.nratv.com/episodes/cura...llionth-savage-99-rifle-presented-to-nra

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Had to edit the brightness of the pic of the SRC, so colors are a bit off. But it's in really nice shape. The staple and ring are still on it, just can't see the back side. Not a lot of saddle ring carbines out there with any special order feature.

[Linked Image]
Some beautiful pistols..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Some beautiful pistols.

OMG!
I would like to spend half a day with Bailey's pistols.
Somebody, hook me up! cool
Intravenously?
I like the SRC. How would you like to have been the guy who picked that up brand new?!
Brower put together a fantastic collection. Anyone have one of the blue cards he passed out at gun shows?

Has anyone seen him lately? He use to come to the KC Collectors show but stopped about 5 years back.
There was a 1899F like that up for auction a few months back plus it was checkered.
{DROOLING} CLEAN UP ON MY KEYBOARD.
The Butt stock on the SR Carbine looks pretty nice. It's too bad they didn't make an octagon barrel SRC.
Great pictures and history lesson ! They did make a half oct barrel saddle ring carbine. smile
© 24hourcampfire