Home
Posted By: gnoahhh A thank you - 11/07/18
To all the fine folks here who've been my main diversion through a long trying time for me, whether you know it or not. We installed Mom in a hospice facility this afternoon. She will soon be at peace, pain free, and with my Dad- the original Savage nut. Feeling pretty blue at the moment. The gun talk is a balm to my soul (and the scotch will hopefully get me to sleep tonight, I hope).
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
I'm so sorry Gary. Very difficult time for you. You get ahold of me any time if you need to talk or whatever.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
I know what you're saying. My mother has been gone for years and I just found out her youngest sister who is now 98 is going fast. We know we're all going sooner or later but it's still hard to deal with.
Posted By: S99VG Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry to hear about your mother Gary, loosing a parent is hard. But I’m sure she had a good life and raised a great son. As Roy said, the line is always open so always feel free to call. Take care, you and your mom are in our thoughts and hearts.
Posted By: Polecat Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
I'm sorry to hear this Gary. Even though we know getting old and passing on is a fact of life, it still doesn't make it any easier.

Lee
Posted By: JeffG Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Cherish the sweet moments Gary, they are all too brief. My heart goes out to You in your time of transition.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
frown frown frown
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Gary, so sorry! As you said, pain free though.
I lost my mother last Jan, we were able to care for her in her Senior apartment in her final days. She was ready to be with Jesus.
I'll say a prayer or 3 for your mother.
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Never easy watching a part of your life going away. My prayers are with you and all of your family. Mother nature and Father time are always in control, so enjoy the time.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
She passed this morning.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
So sorry Gary! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steve
sorry to hear that Gary. Hang in there.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
My condolences dear friend. Losing Mom is the worst!
Posted By: diamondjim Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Thoughts and prayers are sent.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Dang. What a mess.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry to hear.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
her trials are over Gary,
now set yourself to honor her memory. thank you for including us as friends and please accept out sympathies.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry to hear old friend. I'll contact you by other means.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry for your loss. frown
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
As long as she is in your heart she will always be with you.
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
My condolences Gary. Very sorry to learn of your loss.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Gary is in Hagerstown with family, I'm sure as soon as he can, he'll stop in. He's gonna need someone that can't understand why they can't put a 416 Rigby in their 99, just because they want to, to explain it to them.
Posted By: 99guy Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
My deepest heart felt condolences Gary.
Posted By: docost99 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry to hear that, Gary. My heart goes out to you.
Posted By: oldotter Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Gary, we are all with you in spirit. I'm sure she at peace, givin a warm welcome from St Pete
Posted By: steve99 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry to hear your Ma has passed Gary. Condolences and prayers sent.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Gary is in Hagerstown with family, I'm sure as soon as he can, he'll stop in. He's gonna need someone that can't understand why they can't put a 416 Rigby in their 99, just because they want to, to explain it to them.

Well put. He is pretty good at doing these sort of things.
Posted By: 1234 Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
thoughts and prayers are with you!

Ed
Posted By: Plab Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Gary,. it's tough to loose a parent . I lost my Dad back in the spring. I think about him often. dam it's a hard time. my prayers go out to you and your family

God bless
Paul
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: A thank you - 11/07/18
Sorry for your loss my friend. She is at peace now.
Posted By: saddlering Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
as I said in the PM sorry buddie! you have my # if you want to Talk!
Posted By: bigolddave Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
Lost my dad when I was twenty, 56 years ago. I still miss him, in fact last night I had a dream where an old friend of his referred to me as "Jerry's boy". Made me proud.
Posted By: 300savagehunter Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
Been thinking of you Buddy!

I had a wonderful afternoon staring down a gaggle of Montana whitetails, hoping a buck would appear, Then in Christmas fashion the soft dry snow started to fall. And I began to wonder how you were doing.

Hang in there pal.
Posted By: Boox Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
Be glad her troubles are over, loosing Mom is tough, lost mine 5 years ago and I still hear her in my ear, especially when I do something she would not fully appreciate, you know how Moms are....
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
Merris and I offer out heart felt condolences. David
Posted By: Calhoun Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
So sorry to hear this, especially that fast after our chat. Prayers for you and your family, these are never easy times.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: A thank you - 11/08/18
My heartfelt condolences, Gary. Mothers hold a special place in their hearts for their children and it’s clear you held a special place in your heart for your mother.
Posted By: Dale K Re: A thank you - 11/09/18
Peace and strength to you and yours in this time of sorrow,

Dale
Posted By: powdr Re: A thank you - 11/10/18
Gnoahhh, You deserve some favor from God and I shall pray such this evening. His grace is sufficient and you are loved by many people. powdr
Posted By: johnsavage Re: A thank you - 11/10/18
Gary, I haven't been around the forum much for a few years due to personal and family health issues. I am truly sorry for your loss. Your mother was blessed that her son loved her enough to, when life was no longer a gift, allow her the gift of a peaceful and pain free death in hospice.
John
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: A thank you - 11/12/18
My heartfelt thanks to all of you. We laid Mom to rest this past weekend, and shared a lot of stories, laughs, and tears at an impromptu wake on Saturday night which went a loooong way toward easing the pain.

Her last words to me were "I love you". Pardon me while I go shed a few more tears....
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: A thank you - 11/12/18
Just went thru this last year with a close uncle and fishing buddy, words cannot express feelings........jim
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A thank you - 11/12/18
Damn it Gary, I am so very sorry for you right now.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: A thank you - 11/14/18
So profoundly sorry to hear this Gary. In these darkest of hours, please know that the good folks here at the fire hurt for you too. We want to be here for you in your time of need. My deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers to you and your family. Her pain is over now, and she's in a much better place.
© 24hourcampfire