Home
Wisconsin bucks and a 99 (Circa 1940s)

[Linked Image]
Look at that 3rd doe in from the left.

Jaysus.
A Whopper she is! Thanks roundoak for posting!
Kinda reminds me of this really tall girl I dated a very long time ago, as a teenager. Toe to toe, my nose would be in it, and nose to nose, my toes would be in it.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

[Linked Image]
I like the guy in the middle who killed his with a stick! Bent stick at that...
That's the 6.5 Creedmore stick. Everyone knows its a killer.
The guy on the left looks as though he has a Remington 25/20. That was a big favorite with violators in da UP years ago. Could probably trade one for a side of beef these days.
Originally Posted by bigolddave
The guy on the left looks as though he has a Remington 25/20. That was a big favorite with violators in da UP years ago. Could probably trade one for a side of beef these days.

Good eye for Remingtons.

That is a Model 25 made from 1922-1937. It's either a 25-20 or a 32-20.
When I was a kid in northern California, .25-20s and .32-20s were always referred to as "poacher's guns." Which I greatly resented because my only centerfire for about the first four years of my hunting career was a Savage 23B.... I later found out that the caliber itself was illegal for deer hunting in CA. I bet the blacktails I ate wished I had read the fine print in the regs earlier. I quickly graduated to a battered 99EG .300. It didn't kill 'em any deader, tho.
I shot my last deer with a 25-20 about 10 years ago.
I like the necktie Herry Krause (2nd from left) is wearing.
Some of these deer in north country are pretty big. I killed one doe over 200 on the hoof here in Michigan. And know others who have done the same.

In the second picture, it looks like a G.
© 24hourcampfire