Home
Hi all - does anyone out there have a rear sight elevator they would part with for the early 1900's long (3 1/2") Rocky Mountain No. 14 sight for the 1899 A, B, or C rifles (or know where I can get a decent repop)? I think the elevator might be the same as the short (3") 1899 Rocky Mt sight which came out about 1910 or so. It is the type with the thumb hook on the shooter side of the sight and has about 6 notches. Thanks!
Search for rear sight elevator on ebay. There aren't any exact 1899 ones that I could find right now but an auction for 4 of them just closed. The old Marlin fishook elevator works too.

The Savage sight didn't use a 'thumb hook' - that's characteristic of a Winchester or Marlin elevator.
Yeah, thumb hook is a bad description - it is a concave curve, with no pad or serrations like a Winchester. I scanned ebay, the only one I found that matched was included with a $90 "early Marlin" rear sight. I guess I could make one as I have one on another rifle for a pattern, but an original would be better
The elevator in this pic is what you need.

[Linked Image]
Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.
© 24hourcampfire